Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 10 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It doesn't only exist among white people. It exists among people period.

Yes, but to say that all groups of people are equal in perpetuating social harm is farcical.

If it's predominantly a white person thing, then why is there so much social harm taking place in Central America?

I was specifically meaning America.

If white people in the USA become the minority, which is likely due to declining birth rates among whites, it stands to reason social harm will still exist the same as it does in predominantly non-white countries.

And if someone were to say the reason why social harm takes place in Central America is due to it being predominantly brown, they would be called a racist. In that case it would be said the color of skin is an irrelevant factor.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And just to let you know, much of Latin America is much more ethnically diverse than you may realize.

How so? I mean you always refer to them as brown people. Like as in the white people are afraid of the brown people coming across the border.

I'm speaking about the fear racists have of Latinos coming to America, thinking it'll further the "browning of America."

You and liberals are the ones I hear calling them brown people all the time. People from the Middle East too. It's all about skin color and nothing else it seems.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 2:53 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes, but to say that all groups of people are equal in perpetuating social harm is farcical.

If it's predominantly a white person thing, then why is there so much social harm taking place in Central America?

If white people in the USA become the minority, which is likely due to declining birth rates among whites, it stands to reason social harm will still exist the same as it does in predominantly non-white countries.

And if someone were to say the reason why social harm takes place in Central America is due to it being predominantly brown, they would be called a racist. In that case it would be said the color of skin is an irrelevant factor.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And just to let you know, much of Latin America is much more ethnically diverse than you may realize.

How so? I mean you always refer to them as brown people. Like as in the white people are afraid of the brown people coming across the border.

I'm speaking about the fear racists have of Latinos coming to America, thinking it'll further the "browning of America."

You and liberals are the ones I hear calling them brown people all the time. People from the Middle East too. It's all about skin color and nothing else it seems.

It's people on the right who have talked about the "browning of America," and how whites will eventually become extinct.
When Trump says he wishes immigrants would come from places like Norway instead of "s**thole" countries, you don't seriously think he isn't talking about non-white countries, do you?
The right's less than stellar history regarding non-whites can't be denied. If liberals talk about race so often, it's only because the right has expressed so much contempt for non whites.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 3:15 am

I don't think the Green New Deal is going to happen because 10 years is a very short amount of time to change everything to green energy. It includes banning air travel and replacing it with high speed rails. How do we fly overseas to Europe or Japan because you can't take a rail to Europe or Japan.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
When Trump says he wishes immigrants would come from places like Norway instead of "s**thole" countries, you don't seriously think he isn't talking about non-white countries, do you?

Because obviously, when wishing to have more people come from countries similar to one of the most peaceful, successful, prosperous and least corrupt societies on the planet rather than second-world countries that are legendarily rife with crime, corruption and societal ills, the important factor to consider is the aesthetic differences of the populations involved, right?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:19 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Because obviously, when wishing to have more people come from countries similar to one of the most peaceful, successful, prosperous and least corrupt societies on the planet rather than second-world countries that are legendarily rife with crime, corruption and societal ills, the important factor to consider is the aesthetic differences of the populations involved, right?

Another apologist for racism. Isn't it reasonable to accept people who need it more? Why do people need to emigrate from countries where life is so great? Surely you aren't suggesting that their success is due to their genetics?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:20 am

Dylanperr wrote:
I don't think the Green New Deal is going to happen because 10 years is a very short amount of time to change everything to green energy. It includes banning air travel and replacing it with high speed rails. How do we fly overseas to Europe or Japan because you can't take a rail to Europe or Japan.

It's going to happen regardless of time limits. We can be flexible on that.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:22 am

EzraS wrote:

The drug war.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:12 am

AspE wrote:
Another apologist for racism.

How about you try reacting with your head and not your knees for a change?

Here's a thought experiment. If I gave you a glass of water, you might drink it. If I gave you a glass of water laced with cyanide, would you accept being called a coward and a bad person because you won't drink a glass of mostly water?

I'm not sure how aware you are, But Sweden is in a bit of a paralell situation to the US in terms of immigration, partly because of the war in Syria and neighbours, and partly due to the EU border policy (or lack thereof). We accepted a huge proportion of refugees from the middle east, and we did so pretty much indiscriminately. Because of that, we now have problems with honour culture, suddenly we have a problem with mutilatory practices of the female kind, we have violent clashes between different flavours of muslims, we suddenly have Jews fleeing southern Sweden because of a spike in anti-semitism, We have about 1000 confirmed ISIS fighters living here and probably a lot more hiding away, we had a 20-something ISIS fighter posing as a 17-year old and managing to get adopted into a Swedish family where he started preying on the two younger children in that family before he was found out and whole bunch of other horror stories I could probably track down that are directly linked to the indicriminate accepting of a high number of refugees.

Is is perhaps possible that, in being so very kind and welcoming of so many people in need, we also accepted in a large portion of what these people were fleeing from in the first place? Or is that that darn racism again?

Quote:
Isn't it reasonable to accept people who need it more?

If it was that simple, I'd be happy to offer it. But they have no right to demand it, and the ones extending a helping hand have every right to be selective with it.

Quote:
Why do people need to emigrate from countries where life is so great?

People have their reasons, but understandably people aren't leaving countries with a good standard of living in huge numbers.

AspE wrote:
Surely you aren't suggesting that their success is due to their genetics?

Surely you aren't suggesting that unless what they built is down to their genetics, they have no right to claim it as their own and protect it accordingly?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:20 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Here's a thought experiment. If I gave you a glass of water, you might drink it. If I gave you a glass of water laced with cyanide, would you accept being called a coward and a bad person because you won't drink a glass of mostly water?

Immigrants aren't poison.

Wolfram87 wrote:
We accepted a huge proportion of refugees from the middle east, and we did so pretty much indiscriminately.

That's a lie. We have a vetting process.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Because of that, we now have problems with honour culture, suddenly we have a problem with mutilatory practices of the female kind, we have violent clashes between different flavours of muslims, we suddenly have Jews fleeing southern Sweden because of a spike in anti-semitism, We have about 1000 confirmed ISIS fighters living here and probably a lot more hiding away, we had a 20-something ISIS fighter posing as a 17-year old and managing to get adopted into a Swedish family where he started preying on the two younger children in that family before he was found out and whole bunch of other horror stories I could probably track down that are directly linked to the indicriminate accepting of a high number of refugees.

So what? People have issues, we have a problem with American Nazis. So let's deport white people.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Is is perhaps possible that, in being so very kind and welcoming of so many people in need, we also accepted in a large portion of what these people were fleeing from in the first place? Or is that that darn racism again?

Racism mostly.

Wolfram87 wrote:
If it was that simple, I'd be happy to offer it. But they have no right to demand it, and the opnes extending a helping hand have every right to be selective with it.

Actually, they do have a right to demand asylum.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Surely you aren't suggesting that unless what they built is down to their genetics, they have no right to claim it as their own and protect it accordingly?

What we built is due to immigrants.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:33 am

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Immigrants aren't poison.

In this analogy, the ISIS fighters are the poison.

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
We accepted a huge proportion of refugees from the middle east, and we did so pretty much indiscriminately.

That's a lie. We have a vetting process.

Are you Swedish, AspE? I do not think you are.

Quote:
So what? People have issues, we have a problem with American Nazis. So let's deport white people.
Jail them if they're citizens and commit crimes. Deport them if they're not. This is not racism.

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Racism mostly.

Do feel free to explain that reasoning.

AspE wrote:
Actually, they do have a right to demand asylum.

One applies for asylum.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's ridiculous how you are judging kids by them smiling. Yet you made excuses for the sadistic media and the thug Israelites.

Sadistic media... yeah, okay, if you're talking about Fox or Breitbart.
Where did you get the notion I ever defended the black Israelites? I'm pretty sure I described them as thugs, as well.

CNN and MSMBC are even worse.
You were on only interested in bashing on the kid in a hat for smiling.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.

What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

Jail them if they're citizens and commit crimes. I noticed you shifted the debate from immigrants from Central and South America to ISIS. That's a kind of poison too. Are they also diseased MS13 vermin? Didn't our actions in Syria help create refugees? Justified or not? Don't we have a responsibility under Geneva Conventions to accept war refugees? Maybe we would think more about having wars if we considered our responsibilities to deal with the consequences.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Are you Swedish, AspE? I do not think you are.

Sweden has no vetting process? And we can't help them with that?

Wolfram87 wrote:
Do feel free to explain that reasoning.

A large portion? While Trump demonizes caravans of women and children who group together for protection from gangs? The goal isn't gang elimination, it's brown person elimination.

Wolfram87 wrote:
One applies for asylum.

Semantics.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:44 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

That's because liberals are the real racists. They judge people based on their skin color. They also think black people are lesser and can't get by without a hand up.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:47 am

Funny that people who support the wars crow for migrants to flood into the West.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 12:05 pm

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Jail them if they're citizens and commit crimes. I noticed you shifted the debate from immigrants from Central and South America to ISIS. That's a kind of poison too. Are they also diseased MS13 vermin? Didn't our actions in Syria help create refugees? Justified or not? Don't we have a responsibility under Geneva Conventions to accept war refugees? Maybe we would think more about having wars if we considered our responsibilities to deal with the consequences.

And don't grant citizenship to war criminals.

I drew a paralell, I didn't shift the debate. And I'd have no problem with calling MS13 poison. And again, I'm in Sweden. Sweden did not start the war in Syria. Yet Sweden has accepted more refugees from Syria than the entire US has. And we are dealing with the consequences. So maybe you talking about "our" actions should be you talking about "your " actions. Yet here we are, me pointing out the negative consequences that my country suffers because of your countrys actions in a third country, and you calling me a racist for it.

Quote:
Sweden has no vetting process? And we can't help them with that?

A very weak and ineffectual one, severely underequipped from to weed out terrorists. And the state of emergency that was declared when the crisis struck bypassed most of it. Plus the EU open border policy ensured that once they got into Europe, they could go anywhere, and most of them came here or Germany.

Quote:
A large portion? While Trump demonizes caravans of women and children who group together for protection from gangs? The goal isn't gang elimination, it's brown person elimination.

If that's some sort of extermination plan it has got to be the least effective one ever.

Quote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
One applies for asylum.

Semantics.

Yeah, who cares what words mean, right?