Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 17 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:32 am

Dylanperr wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
What do you think about Donald Trump?

I think he's done well in some areas and not so well in others.

I don't believe in the idea that it must be that people either worship him as a messiah or hate him as a monster. I'm hoping there are many more who have a more moderate view than those two extremes.

What areas do you think he has done well in?

Well unfortunately I have a bad memory for details. But I know there's been times he has been pretty much been universally credited with doing well, even by the likes of CNN and the Washington Post.

Some things mentioned are:

The economy doing well.
More jobs.
Securing the release of 19 people, including 16 Americans, from foreign captivity.
He delivered for the “forgotten Americans.”
Worked with Democrats and Republicans to pass important legislation.
Ushered in a golden age for women in the CIA.
Pushed to expand domestic energy production bore fruit.
Struck Syria again and eliminated the last vestiges of the Islamic State’s physical caliphate.
Continued his tough line with Moscow.
Pulled out of Obama’s disastrous Iran deal and reimposed crippling sanctions on Tehran.
Criminal justice reform.
Getting tough on China.
Economic opportunity zones.
'Right-to-try' legislation.
The Music Modernization Act.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 12:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
A complaint of a couple of cities outside of Seattle, is that Seattle is sending their tweakers and such to them. Trump's complaint was that Mexico is sending their worst people to the US.

It seems instead of people listening to the actual wording and putting it into context, they're letting the media misinterpret for them.

"They're sending us their worst people, their rapist, their murderers..."

Not they're sending us their worst people, they're rapists, they're murderers...

It's pretty easy to tell what's actually being said... when you really want to know.

And the worst part of all is the left themselves are saying Mexico and Central America is full of drugs, rape and murder... Which is why the caravans exist.

"It's just awful and racist that Trump said Central America is full of drugs, rape and muderer."

"Those people are fleeing from all the drugs, rape and murder in Central America."

:lol: :roll:

Whether their or they're his words are still hateful stereotypes painting everyone who comes with the same negative brush. Meanwhile, in reality, most of the 11 Million in the USA are hard working regular people and stats show they commit crimes at lower rates than citizens - so the notion that they're sending a bunch of drug dealers, rapists, and murderers is complete BS.

And again, if you were pro border security & anti illegal immigration instead of pro racist monument to trump's campaign promise, then you'd be arguing for the Billions of dollars to be spent on something that's actually effective at stemming illegal immigration, like more ICE officers to follow up with people who's visas have expired and ensure they leave the country.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 12:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:

I don't believe in the idea that it must be that people either worship him as a messiah or hate him as a monster. I'm hoping there are many more who have a more moderate view than those two extremes.

Well unfortunately I have a bad memory for details. But I know there's been times he has been pretty much been universally credited with doing well, even by the likes of CNN and the Washington Post.

The economy doing well.
More jobs.
Securing the release of 19 people, including 16 Americans, from foreign captivity.
Struck Syria again and eliminated the last vestiges of the Islamic State’s physical caliphate.
Pulled out of Obama’s disastrous Iran deal and reimposed crippling sanctions on Tehran.
Criminal justice reform.
Getting tough on China.

Grasping at straws to try to find something he's managed to accomplish, I see. Especially since some of your list is straight up Fake news.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 12:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:

The economy doing well.
More jobs.
Criminal justice reform.
Getting tough on China.

Grasping at straws to try to find something he's managed to accomplish, I see. Especially since some of your list is straight up Fake news.

You're saying that CNN is fake news? How Trumpish of you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:08 pm

EzraS wrote:

No. I'm saying you're parroting what trump has listed as accomplishments when some of those things are fake news.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:12 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No. I'm saying you're parroting what trump has listed as accomplishments when some of those things are fake news.

You actually think I would parrot what trump has listed as accomplishments? Seriously?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You actually think I would parrot what trump has listed as accomplishments? Seriously?

Why not? :?

You've been parroting his fake news justifications for his monument to racism of a wall.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:28 pm

In that case I was posting my personal opinions.

As for the list I copied and pasted, I decided to hold off on posting where I got it, to see if I was right that you'd post an asinine response, and I was.

CNN

Washington Post

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:42 pm

Your personal opinion is that spending $30 Billion+ on a monument to racism is a good use of public funds, even though it's already been completely debunked that it would solve illegal immigration problems? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Your personal opinion is that spending $30 Billion+ on a monument to racism is a good use of public funds, even though it's already been completely debunked that it would solve illegal immigration problems? :?

I have said more than once that I'm not in favor of a great wall of china copy. I was talking about the augmentation of barriers that have been in existence way before Trump became president.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I have said more than once that I'm not in favor of a great wall of china copy. I was talking about the augmentation of barriers that have been in existence way before Trump became president.

And yet you still ignore the facts that illegal border crossings are at their lowest in decades and that MOST illegal immigrants in the USA arrived by airplane. How does more fence solve that problem? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:01 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

And yet you still ignore the facts that illegal border crossings are at their lowest in decades and that MOST illegal immigrants in the USA arrived by airplane. How does more fence solve that problem? :?

I came to the conclusion that decreased illegal border crossings are due to augmented border control. And so all those people that you and Bill have been saying need to cross the border to pick crops and do other extremely menial labor no one else would do, have been arriving on airliners?

What type of airplane is this?:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:08 pm

Those are a few thousand people. I'm talking about the 11 Million.

Are you familiar with what is known in business as a "cost benefit analysis?"

It's a very simple concept to check and see that you're getting the best bang for your buck when investing money in something. $30B+ on a monument to racism to stop a few thousand migrants is what's known as a complete was of money. Reallocating those funds to the areas of border & immigration law enforcement that see that people abide by the rules would go a lot further towards having only legal immigrants in your country. Pretty simple math, really. Which is why I'm inclined to believe that your arguments for building the wall are nothing more than thinly veiled racism vs. actually caring about keeping illegal immigrants out of the USA.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:12 pm

How do you keep missing where I've said that I'm not in favor of a 30+ billion dollar wall?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
How do you keep missing where I've said that I'm not in favor of a 30+ billion dollar wall?

Did you miss the part where that's the cost estimate for trump's vanity project that you support? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Did you miss the part where that's the cost estimate for trump's vanity project that you support? :?

How do you keep missing where I've said I'm not in support of Trump's great wall of china copy? Are you really having that much difficulty deciphering the margin between a great wall of china copy and the augmentation of barriers that already exist? You display having a one track mind.