Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 1 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 7:46 pm

On the US laws that allow to buy politics.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 7:56 pm

She's such an idiot lol

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 8:10 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
She's such an idiot lol

Corruption is so hilarious.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 8:35 pm

It's not rocket science to work out there is corruption. Her solutions are moronic.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 9:37 pm

:heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 10:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
It's not rocket science to work out there is corruption. Her solutions are moronic.

Do you have better ones? Perhaps you should get yourself elected and then affect positive change upon the system. Until then, at least the USA has her doing what she's doing.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 10:18 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Like what? Campaign finance reform?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 4:24 pm

Her solution is to make people at the "tippy top" pay. She actually used those words. A true free market could work rather than the crony capitalism the US has now.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 9:57 pm

I agree with her on that. The top marginal tax rate should be 90%.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:14 pm

:lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:59 pm

AspE wrote:
I agree with her on that. The top marginal tax rate should be 90%.

It's been as high as 91% in the USA in the past. I agree that it should be back up somewhere between 70-90% again, higher the better to help right the wrongs of not taxing the wealthy for the past few decades. Same goes for here in Canada. Wealth disparity all around the world is the greatest it's been in the history of capitalism. It's time for change. The working class can't sustain this. And that's why there will be uprisings, revolts, revolutions etc. Every time we've seen such a divide in wealth and power in human history it's resulted in either massive changes (revolution, great depression etc) or war.. it won't be any different this time.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 1:30 pm

I like the cut of her jib

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 2:30 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
I like the cut of her jib

Most def.

There was a fb post going around saying Canada needs someone like her, but basically no one has the (lady) balls to be that person. I agree. We do need politicians like her as Canada is full of corruption just like the USA, it's just not quite on full display on the evening news-entertainment like it is South of the border.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:43 pm

She's an establishment shill. Funded by Netflix now. She's probably too stupid to understand though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
She's an establishment shill. Funded by Netflix now. She's probably too stupid to understand though.

Please, do tell us how you've been a better politician, taken action & run for office and made all the best moves to right all the wrongs in the world.. :roll:

IMO She's at least making some noise about how ridiculous the $$$ political system is, and doing a good job of it. FAR better than anything you or I have done in the realm of politics. So, why all the hate for her efforts? :?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 4:02 pm

I don't hate her, she's funny. I hate the parasites in the media and establishment figures that promote her when they smear people like Tulsi Gabbard.