Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 11 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 11:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's ridiculous how you are judging kids by them smiling. Yet you made excuses for the sadistic media and the thug Israelites.


Sadistic media... yeah, okay, if you're talking about Fox or Breitbart.
Where did you get the notion I ever defended the black Israelites? I'm pretty sure I described them as thugs, as well.


CNN and MSMBC are even worse.
You were on only interested in bashing on the kid in a hat for smiling.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 11:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
In this analogy, the ISIS fighters are the poison.

Jail them if they're citizens and commit crimes. I noticed you shifted the debate from immigrants from Central and South America to ISIS. That's a kind of poison too. Are they also diseased MS13 vermin? Didn't our actions in Syria help create refugees? Justified or not? Don't we have a responsibility under Geneva Conventions to accept war refugees? Maybe we would think more about having wars if we considered our responsibilities to deal with the consequences.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Are you Swedish, AspE? I do not think you are.

Sweden has no vetting process? And we can't help them with that?

Wolfram87 wrote:
Do feel free to explain that reasoning.

A large portion? While Trump demonizes caravans of women and children who group together for protection from gangs? The goal isn't gang elimination, it's brown person elimination.


Wolfram87 wrote:
One applies for asylum.

Semantics.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 11:44 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It doesn't only exist among white people. It exists among people period.


Yes, but to say that all groups of people are equal in perpetuating social harm is farcical.


If it's predominantly a white person thing, then why is there so much social harm taking place in Central America?


I was specifically meaning America.



If white people in the USA become the minority, which is likely due to declining birth rates among whites, it stands to reason social harm will still exist the same as it does in predominantly non-white countries.

And if someone were to say the reason why social harm takes place in Central America is due to it being predominantly brown, they would be called a racist. In that case it would be said the color of skin is an irrelevant factor.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And just to let you know, much of Latin America is much more ethnically diverse than you may realize.


How so? I mean you always refer to them as brown people. Like as in the white people are afraid of the brown people coming across the border.


I'm speaking about the fear racists have of Latinos coming to America, thinking it'll further the "browning of America."


You and liberals are the ones I hear calling them brown people all the time. People from the Middle East too. It's all about skin color and nothing else it seems.


That's because liberals are the real racists. They judge people based on their skin color. They also think black people are lesser and can't get by without a hand up.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 11:47 am

Funny that people who support the wars crow for migrants to flood into the West.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

16 Feb 2019, 12:05 pm

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
In this analogy, the ISIS fighters are the poison.

Jail them if they're citizens and commit crimes. I noticed you shifted the debate from immigrants from Central and South America to ISIS. That's a kind of poison too. Are they also diseased MS13 vermin? Didn't our actions in Syria help create refugees? Justified or not? Don't we have a responsibility under Geneva Conventions to accept war refugees? Maybe we would think more about having wars if we considered our responsibilities to deal with the consequences.


And don't grant citizenship to war criminals.

I drew a paralell, I didn't shift the debate. And I'd have no problem with calling MS13 poison. And again, I'm in Sweden. Sweden did not start the war in Syria. Yet Sweden has accepted more refugees from Syria than the entire US has. And we are dealing with the consequences. So maybe you talking about "our" actions should be you talking about "your " actions. Yet here we are, me pointing out the negative consequences that my country suffers because of your countrys actions in a third country, and you calling me a racist for it.


Quote:
Sweden has no vetting process? And we can't help them with that?

A very weak and ineffectual one, severely underequipped from to weed out terrorists. And the state of emergency that was declared when the crisis struck bypassed most of it. Plus the EU open border policy ensured that once they got into Europe, they could go anywhere, and most of them came here or Germany.


Quote:
A large portion? While Trump demonizes caravans of women and children who group together for protection from gangs? The goal isn't gang elimination, it's brown person elimination.


If that's some sort of extermination plan it has got to be the least effective one ever.

Quote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
One applies for asylum.

Semantics.

Yeah, who cares what words mean, right?


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,294
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 12:22 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
I don't think the Green New Deal is going to happen because 10 years is a very short amount of time to change everything to green energy. It includes banning air travel and replacing it with high speed rails. How do we fly overseas to Europe or Japan because you can't take a rail to Europe or Japan.


Scientists have sounded the alarm and told us we have 12 years to rapidly change our energy grid & other things in order to prevent the worst of global warming & climate change due to human activity. We have to act quickly and do as much as possible in as short a time as possible. Even if we can't fix everything in 10 years, we have to at least try instead of saying "Ah well, f**k it.. let's just all die." IMO.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,294
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 12:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 1:04 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
And don't grant citizenship to war criminals.

I don't think anyone does that on purpose.

Wolfram87 wrote:
I drew a paralell, I didn't shift the debate. And I'd have no problem with calling MS13 poison. And again, I'm in Sweden. Sweden did not start the war in Syria. Yet Sweden has accepted more refugees from Syria than the entire US has. And we are dealing with the consequences. So maybe you talking about "our" actions should be you talking about "your " actions. Yet here we are, me pointing out the negative consequences that my country suffers because of your countrys actions in a third country, and you calling me a racist for it.

Sweden has some admirable compassion for war refugees, and yes it was American actions in part that had the consequence of war refugees. I'm not calling you a racist for pointing out certain issues with Middle Eastern immigration, only for suggesting that it shouldn't happen at all because, terrorists. And for implying that South-Central American immigration shouldn't happen because, MS13 (formed in US prisons).


Wolfram87 wrote:
A very weak and ineffectual one, severely underequipped from to weed out terrorists. And the state of emergency that was declared when the crisis struck bypassed most of it. Plus the EU open border policy ensured that once they got into Europe, they could go anywhere, and most of them came here or Germany.

So complain about that, not the humanitarian need to accept war refugees.

Wolfram87 wrote:
If that's some sort of extermination plan it has got to be the least effective one ever.

Trump's only had 2 years.

Wolfram87 wrote:
Yeah, who cares what words mean, right?

OK, they apply for asylum. Like that changes the debate at all.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 1:06 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 1:14 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
No such thing as white privilege.

Not in Russia, comrade, where pretty much everyone is white.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,294
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 1:15 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

16 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

AspE wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
And don't grant citizenship to war criminals.

I don't think anyone does that on purpose.

And I think that, upon discovering that error, that they should be either deported or detained and prosecuted for applying for citizenship under false pretenses. Instead what we have is the assurance from our police that "they're keeping an eye on them", which isn't terribly convincing or reassuring all things considered.


AspE wrote:
Sweden has some admirable compassion for war refugees, and yes it was American actions in part that had the consequence of war refugees. I'm not calling you a racist for pointing out certain issues with Middle Eastern immigration, only for suggesting that it shouldn't happen at all because, terrorists. And for implying that South-Central American immigration shouldn't happen because, MS13 (formed in US prisons).


I never said it shouldn't happen at all, and you called me a racist anyway. What I want is stricter controls and more oversight so as to prevent that which is being fled from to follow those that flee. Some of the staunchest opponents of the current immigration policies are the older generation of work immigrants from Syria that came here in the 1980's and now run our thousands of kebab shops (thank Dog for immigrating food culture) because of its complete lack of a discerning eye for who is being let in.


And you say Sweden has some admirable compassion for war refugees and so on? Well, thanks to all the issues with the s**tshow that is the current immigration policy, a tiny fringe party of incompetents are now the third biggest political party in Sweden. A party that had to ban the wearing of SS Uniforms to party meetings in 1995 and wants to reduce the current immigration numbers by 90%.


AspE wrote:
So complain about that, not the humanitarian need to accept war refugees.


My complaint is, again, the lack of an effective vetting process. We already know that the war refugee status is being abused as a shortcut to bypass the system and get into countries by people with bad intentions. This casts suspicion on real refugees that are already in a bad situation, so for everyones sake we need to overhaul that system.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,294
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 2:23 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
My complaint is, again, the lack of an effective vetting process. We already know that the war refugee status is being abused as a shortcut to bypass the system and get into countries by people with bad intentions. This casts suspicion on real refugees that are already in a bad situation, so for everyones sake we need to overhaul that system.


What do you propose we do?

Even here in Canada we do not have an ideal vetting process. It's impossible. People are coming from a country where all identity documents, files, databases etc have been blown up by bombs and burned in fires. It is literally impossible to confirm the identities, educations, and political affiliations of anyone coming from a war torn country.

So, what we do is mostly based on behavioural interviews with trained experts. If psychiatrists/psychologists & LEO interviewers deem someone suspicious based on their behaviour during questioning, they're questioned further to determine why they're nervous, why their story is inconsistent, why there isn't another living soul that can back up claims of anything they say, why there's Zero proof of their friends/family/occupation etc etc. If they're found to be a bad apple, they're not allowed in. But because it's impossible to background check people when the systems in place to do so have literally been destroyed in war, we take the risk of letting in a lot of people in hopes that they're mostly good people, and then when some of them turn out to be bad, well, they're punished for it. Maybe they get deported, maybe they go to jail. etc.

I assume every country that takes in refugees from places like Syria does about the best they can in a similar fashion, assumes some risks, and then deals with what happens afterwards. Otherwise the only alternative is to completely turn our backs on legitimate asylum seekers, and IMO that's just not right.

What do you propose as a better system for vetting than we're all able to do right now? I'm sure your government and mine would like to know what they could do better in this regard.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 2:25 pm

Wolfram87,

You are pivoting the conversion from Don Trump wanting more people from white countries rather than brown (let's be real, those are mostly Hispanic people), to Sweden doesn't have enough controls to prevent terrorists. Trump isn't suggesting stricter controls on immigration vetting, He's for a Muslim ban, separating children from parents, deporting non-criminals, ending DACA for those brought to this country as children, trying to deport naturalized citizens, calling Mexicans rapists, and generally being a racist as*hole. No terrorists have crossed our Southern Border. In fact, the 9/11 terrorists came in with visas or legally through Canada by ferry to Washington State. Do you think ISIS will be stopped by a slat wall?



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 2:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


If you want to believe in a fantasy that is up to you. If you want to prove 'white privilege' exists then go for it, I'll enjoy the laugh.

Not being discriminated against isn't privilege.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"