Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 12 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,254
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 2:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


If you want to believe in a fantasy that is up to you. If you want to prove 'white privilege' exists then go for it, I'll enjoy the laugh.

Not being discriminated against isn't privilege.


Being given a pass on things, or the benefit of the doubt, due to outward racial presentation is in fact a privilege. So is not being racially discriminated against.

I have many non-white friends who's experience of life, even here where things are VERY VERY good for non-white people, proves the existence of white privilege. Same for my privileged existence.

Maybe You don't live in an area where this is a very real phenomenon, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

16 Feb 2019, 2:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.




Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

16 Feb 2019, 2:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
He wasn't SURROUNDED lol. He walked in amongst them and they weren't stopping him from leaving.


But the original video released and accompanying narrative painted it as a confrontation initiated by the MAGA hat wearing Covington Catholic students. This is what the left wanted, but when the whole video was shown we see an entirely different story. It painfully exposes the liberal media for what it is, yet the left is still trying desperately to salvage something useful out of the story that they had put so much hope into.

Quote:
The whole situation exposes that liberals don't care about racism or homophobia.

Actually they do care about both, but only to use them as divisive tools and to get votes.

I for one have no illusions about politicians and government. Politics is all about greed, power, and corruption and the only real difference between one party and another is what kind of table scraps they toss down and who gets them. Right now I'm getting good table scraps and that's all I see them as.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,845
Location: Sweden

16 Feb 2019, 3:06 pm

I understand that it's a difficult thing to set up, and it probably will never be 100% secure. But there have been a few notable scandals here that makes it seem that the problem isn't just an ineffective system, but also ineffective people applying it. One instance that I particularly remember is a leaked video from one of the interviews where a young guy (who was granted asylum I believe) straight up told the interviewers that if he found out his sister was dating a swedish guy he'd murder both of them. That seems like the sort of thing one would want to get filtered out.


AspE wrote:
Wolfram87,

You are pivoting the conversion from Don Trump wanting more people from white countries rather than brown (let's be real, those are mostly Hispanic people), to Sweden doesn't have enough controls to prevent terrorists. Trump isn't suggesting stricter controls on immigration vetting, He's for a Muslim ban, separating children from parents, deporting non-criminals, ending DACA for those brought to this country as children, trying to deport naturalized citizens, calling Mexicans rapists, and generally being a racist as*hole. No terrorists have crossed our Southern Border. In fact, the 9/11 terrorists came in with visas or legally through Canada by ferry to Washington State. Do you think ISIS will be stopped by a slat wall?


Not my intention to divert or derail, so I apologize for that. But I think the comparison/paralell is a valid one. And the original suggestion was that the only reason to prefer immigrants from Norway over immigrants from Mexico or the Middle East would be racism, which is absurd.

Not familiar with all those points, but I do seem to remember the "muslim ban" having a list of specific countries and not being a blanket ban. Not sure if effective, but hardly a ban on muslims per se. As for separating children from parents, that seems like a valid part of a vetting process for people immigrating without papers, given how child traffickers often pose as parents to the children they traffick.

As for the wall, I kind of hope it gets built, if only to demonstrate how much it won't work, and for all the free brownie points tearing it down will give to whoever manages to get elected once all this madness is done.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,254
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 3:40 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Not my intention to divert or derail, so I apologize for that. But I think the comparison/paralell is a valid one. And the original suggestion was that the only reason to prefer immigrants from Norway over immigrants from Mexico or the Middle East would be racism, which is absurd.

Not familiar with all those points, but I do seem to remember the "muslim ban" having a list of specific countries and not being a blanket ban. Not sure if effective, but hardly a ban on muslims per se. As for separating children from parents, that seems like a valid part of a vetting process for people immigrating without papers, given how child traffickers often pose as parents to the children they traffick.


Except that trump has a decades long public history of racism, so it's almost certainly the root of his wanting immigrants from places like Norway vs. "shithole countries."

Also, trump was quoted as specifically stating that he wants a Muslim ban, but wanted to know how he could do it legally. Hence the multiple attempts at refining the ban until it passed in court. Selecting a bunch of "terrorist countries," was a nice cover to pretend it wasn't about restricting movement of people of a particular faith - especially since he didn't include Saudi Arabia, where Muslim terrorists have actually come from.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 3:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


If you want to believe in a fantasy that is up to you. If you want to prove 'white privilege' exists then go for it, I'll enjoy the laugh.

Not being discriminated against isn't privilege.


Being given a pass on things, or the benefit of the doubt, due to outward racial presentation is in fact a privilege. So is not being racially discriminated against.

I have many non-white friends who's experience of life, even here where things are VERY VERY good for non-white people, proves the existence of white privilege. Same for my privileged existence.

Maybe You don't live in an area where this is a very real phenomenon, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.


Not being discriminated against is not f**king privilege!! !! Other ethnic groups don't get discriminated against but go and start a thread about that and you'll get banned. You can bash on white people, just feel lucky you have the privilege to bash on white people.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 3:46 pm

There's zero evidence for the 'sh**hole countries" comment. He listed war torn countries, which is a good idea. Don't want the third world and terrorists flooding into the US. He is protecting US citizens and they spit in his face cause they are too conditioned into fear of being called "waaaccist"


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 3:50 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
...Don't want the third world... ...being called "waaaccist"

What's wrong with those "kinds" of people? What's wrong with Haitians? Do we have a problem with Haitian terrorism?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,254
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 4:06 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


If you want to believe in a fantasy that is up to you. If you want to prove 'white privilege' exists then go for it, I'll enjoy the laugh.

Not being discriminated against isn't privilege.


Being given a pass on things, or the benefit of the doubt, due to outward racial presentation is in fact a privilege. So is not being racially discriminated against.

I have many non-white friends who's experience of life, even here where things are VERY VERY good for non-white people, proves the existence of white privilege. Same for my privileged existence.

Maybe You don't live in an area where this is a very real phenomenon, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.


Not being discriminated against is not f**king privilege!! ! ! Other ethnic groups don't get discriminated against but go and start a thread about that and you'll get banned. You can bash on white people, just feel lucky you have the privilege to bash on white people.


Um, yes, it is.. especially as it pertains to the application of the laws of the land against citizens. It's pretty much the very definition of privilege. Combine that with education & employment opportunities and it is, without a doubt, an easier life in North America to be born white with an English first and last name. That is what privilege is.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,254
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Feb 2019, 4:09 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
...Don't want the third world... ...being called "waaaccist"

What's wrong with those "kinds" of people? What's wrong with Haitians? Do we have a problem with Haitian terrorism?


What's wrong with Haitians has been imposed upon them by Americans & French. That's why they're amongst the world's poorest people, not because they chose it for themselves.

I haven't looked it up, but I heard from a guy at work yesterday that there's a growing problem with Haitians robbing/kidnapping tourists out of desperation for money to survive. Could be true, but that's most certainly not "Haitian terrorism," in the international sense.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 4:20 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
...Don't want the third world... ...being called "waaaccist"

What's wrong with those "kinds" of people? What's wrong with Haitians? Do we have a problem with Haitian terrorism?


It's been destroyed by the people you support. You support the wars that turn countries into s**tholes.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Feb 2019, 4:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Are we going to pretend that white privilege & white trash no longer exist in America? :? Both exist.


What an absurd post. So the "white trash" as you put it must have privilege too as they are white? If white people were privileged you'd get banned for using the term like you would for calling any other ethnic group "trash".


What an absurd post. The existence of one does not negate the existence of the other. They sometimes coexist, too, with white trash operating with an air of racial superiority over non whites.


They aren't superior. They just hate non white people. And a lot of non whites hate whites. No such thing as white privilege.


Even without thinking or believing that whites are superior, white privilege exists.

While I am not "pure white," I present as a tall white male.. and even in our EXTREMELY multicultural/ethnic community, I acknowledge that I do in fact benefit from white privilege in many, many little ways. I can get away with doing things right in front of cops and not have them hardly bat an eye, meanwhile my half native half white (but Very native presenting) brother-in-law can hardly go about his day w/o being questioned by a cop for no other reason than being a long black haired indigenous presenting male.

White privilege exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


If you want to believe in a fantasy that is up to you. If you want to prove 'white privilege' exists then go for it, I'll enjoy the laugh.

Not being discriminated against isn't privilege.


Being given a pass on things, or the benefit of the doubt, due to outward racial presentation is in fact a privilege. So is not being racially discriminated against.

I have many non-white friends who's experience of life, even here where things are VERY VERY good for non-white people, proves the existence of white privilege. Same for my privileged existence.

Maybe You don't live in an area where this is a very real phenomenon, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.


Not being discriminated against is not f**king privilege!! ! ! Other ethnic groups don't get discriminated against but go and start a thread about that and you'll get banned. You can bash on white people, just feel lucky you have the privilege to bash on white people.


Um, yes, it is.. especially as it pertains to the application of the laws of the land against citizens. It's pretty much the very definition of privilege. Combine that with education & employment opportunities and it is, without a doubt, an easier life in North America to be born white with an English first and last name. That is what privilege is.


You still don't understand. You say "white trash" are privileged. YOU are privileged compared to those white working class people you spit on. You have been conditioned to hare white people. Chinese people are rejected from education as they are considered privileged. Whites aren't even the most privileged ethnic group in the US. Please feel free to start a thread about the most privileged ethnic group in the US and see how quick your membership ends. You enjoy the privilege to spew hatred against white people and call them trash. No wonder Trump won.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Feb 2019, 4:39 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's ridiculous how you are judging kids by them smiling. Yet you made excuses for the sadistic media and the thug Israelites.


Sadistic media... yeah, okay, if you're talking about Fox or Breitbart.
Where did you get the notion I ever defended the black Israelites? I'm pretty sure I described them as thugs, as well.


CNN and MSMBC are even worse.
You were on only interested in bashing on the kid in a hat for smiling.


No, CNN and MSNBC are not.
I see you have avoided addressing my answer to your claim that I defended the black Israelites.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 4:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
...Don't want the third world... ...being called "waaaccist"

What's wrong with those "kinds" of people? What's wrong with Haitians? Do we have a problem with Haitian terrorism?


It's been destroyed by the people you support. You support the wars that turn countries into s**tholes.

We destroyed countries to such an extent that anyone from that country is therefore tainted? For generations? What are you talking about?



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

16 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
What's wrong with Haitians has been imposed upon them by Americans & French. That's why they're amongst the world's poorest people, not because they chose it for themselves.

I haven't looked it up, but I heard from a guy at work yesterday that there's a growing problem with Haitians robbing/kidnapping tourists out of desperation for money to survive. Could be true, but that's most certainly not "Haitian terrorism," in the international sense.

Why don't we want poor people? Is money the same thing as character?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,516
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Feb 2019, 5:01 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When Trump says he wishes immigrants would come from places like Norway instead of "shithole" countries, you don't seriously think he isn't talking about non-white countries, do you?


Because obviously, when wishing to have more people come from countries similar to one of the most peaceful, successful, prosperous and least corrupt societies on the planet rather than second-world countries that are legendarily rife with crime, corruption and societal ills, the important factor to consider is the aesthetic differences of the populations involved, right?


While stability and prosperity are doubtlessly part of what Trump was talking about, it's the belief of skin color and genetics leading to those things that wrap up the whole package for racists like Trump.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer