Trump threatens NBC following SNL sketch

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 2:44 pm

Trump Rails Against ‘SNL,’ Again, And Suggests ‘Retribution’ for NBC

Quote:
President Trump once again took aim at “Saturday Night Live,” suggesting that there should be a price to pay by TV networks for delivering such scathing satire.

“Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!” Trump wrote on Sunday morning.

On Saturday’s show, “SNL” opened with a sketch featuring Alec Baldwin as Trump and mocking the president’s declaration of a national emergency to secure funding for a wall along the southern border. The skit skewered Trump’s Rose Garden announcement on Friday as a meandering series of pronouncements.

This was the seventh tweet that Trump has sent out blasting “Saturday Night Live” since he hosted the show in November 2015 in the midst of his presidential campaign. But he’s lately been suggesting that some sort of legal action should be taken against NBC.

“A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?” he wrote on Dec. 16.

Some presidents have taken “Saturday Night Live” with good humor. President George H.W. Bush invited Dana Carvey to the White House after Carvey impersonated him on the show during the 1992 presidential campaign. In 1976, Gerald R. Ford all but embraced Chevy Chase’s portrayal of him as a klutz by inviting the comedian to the White House and even doing a cameo on “SNL.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:33 pm

:lol: What a sore loser. He can dish it out non-stop but he can't take it whatsoever & it's hilarious to watch him have his meltdown over it. 8)

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

He's right. SNL is nothing but anti-Republican propaganda now.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:46 pm

DystopianShadows wrote:

You mean SNL is the same comedy show that's made fun of whatever government is in power for decades and now that you don't like the truths they make fun of they're "nothing but anti-Republican propaganda now." ? :?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm

DystopianShadows wrote:

And yet scathing political satire is protected speech. If you, Trump, and the rest of the right want to do something about it, have your own comedy shows making fun of Democrats. As Republicans have yet to do so, I think it proves that most of the right consists of an uptight, sour bunch completely devoid of humor.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm

It's pretty ludicrous for a president to go after a satirical program because he doesn't like being made fun of.

Having said that, I can't bear to watch any political satire that a political bias, any more. The late night talk show comedians turn my stomach, simply because I am completely non-partisan. I like comedians who have the freedom to skewer both side of the political spectrum with equal venom.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
It's pretty ludicrous for a president to go after a satirical program because he doesn't like being made fun of.

Having said that, I can't bear to watch any political satire that a political bias, any more. The late night talk show comedians turn my stomach, simply because I am completely non-partisan. I like comedians who have the freedom to skewer both side of the political spectrum with equal venom.

I could agree with this if both sides were providing equal material to be made fun of... but they're not.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I could agree with this if both sides were providing equal material to be made fun of... but they're not.

Heh! Well, you just ain't looking very closely!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:29 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

My point exactly. If you have to look "very closely," to try to come up with material to make fun of from the other side, then there isn't nearly as much of it to be found.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:12 pm

Frankly, Comcast/NBC/Universal needs to put that old warhorse out of its misery. It was funny when I was an undergrad (and stupid), but it lost a lot of its edge over the last several years. It’s no longer funny. The Golden Age of Warner Brothers Animation is still funnier (and surreptitious, if you know what to look for) than SNL nowadays.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

My point exactly. If you have to look "very closely," to try to come up with material to make fun of from the other side, then there isn't nearly as much of it to be found.

Okay! Well...tuck that belief under your pillow and sleep soundly. If I could take the blue pill, and be reinserted back :ninja: into the Matrix...hell, I might just do it. But it's not possible.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

d057
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:15 pm

Imagine if Obama had tried to censor a comedy show for making fun of him.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2019, 8:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I am completely non-partisan.

:lmao: The non-biased. Worse bad faith actors on the entire political spectrum, if I hadn't said so enough before

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:28 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: What a sore loser. He can dish it out non-stop but he can't take it whatsoever & it's hilarious to watch him have his meltdown over it. 8)

It is not hilarious to threaten to undermine the first amendment.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:28 pm

SZWell wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I am completely non-partisan.

:lmao: The non-biased. Worse bad faith actors on the entire political spectrum, if I hadn't said so enough before

Yeah? Well, please elaborate. I'd love to have this discussion with you. Please explain your position in as many, or little words, as you'd like. Bring it on, kiddo!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Last edited by VegetableMan on 17 Feb 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 8:30 pm

Liberalism doesn't seem to understand the concept of overkill.