Page 3 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,315

14 Feb 2019, 3:37 am

heck! even Fox news jokes about the battle of the bulge!! joking about overweight cats
https://www.foxnews.com/story/researche ... -the-bulge



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Feb 2019, 4:51 am

Over thinking? Exaggerating? Blowing things out of proportion? Yep.



HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,462

14 Feb 2019, 5:04 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
It's like diet commercials that joke about "the Battle of the Bulge".

19,276 Americans killed, but it's funny.

Image


It's just about laughing at the phrase Battle of the Bulge if taken at face value. Like Diet of Worms. No one is laughing at all the dead people. Also, it's hard to laugh at the phrase "Trail of Tears" if just taken at a face value.


_________________
Unofficially human.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,248
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Feb 2019, 6:40 pm

The Battle of the Bulge was fought between warring armies made up of professional soldiers who had the intention of murdering each other. The Trail of Tears was about non-combatants pulled from their homes and forcibly relocated while they died by the thousands along the way. One would have to have to have a deficit of empathy that goes beyond Asperger's not to see the difference.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,732
Location: temperate zone

14 Feb 2019, 7:12 pm

Exactly ^^^^.

Not saying whether Trump is guilty as charged, or not.

But if he were then the equivalent thing would be if say, an Arab head of state, were to say to an American president "we will give you another party at the Twin Towers" (or some kind of reference like that to 9-11).

The Bulge is regarded as a heroic battle. Nine eleven is regarded as heinous crime. The latter would be more of an equivalent to the Trail of Tears.

That among other obvious reasons that the two things are not analogous. White Americans use the Bulge joke on each other even among kin. Its not an epithet hurled at another ethnic group, or race they way Trump appeared to some to be using it.



askar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Age: 32
Posts: 32

15 Feb 2019, 7:25 am

we all owe to native americans.. black americans white americans latino americans jewish americans muslim americans east asian americans south asian americans.

and canada and australia and new zealand etc



Last edited by askar on 15 Feb 2019, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2019, 9:35 am

Considering that Warren is about as Native American as Trump is, it seems moot.



askar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Age: 32
Posts: 32

15 Feb 2019, 11:04 am

EzraS wrote:
Considering that Warren is about as Native American as Trump is, it seems moot.


There are a lot of mixture in this country so Trump can be 1 percent native american too.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2019, 11:12 am

askar wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Considering that Warren is about as Native American as Trump is, it seems moot.


There are a lot of mixture in this country so Trump can be 1 percent native american too.


That's what I mean.



AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 May 2016
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,817
Location: Coventry

15 Feb 2019, 2:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
askar wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Considering that Warren is about as Native American as Trump is, it seems moot.


There are a lot of mixture in this country so Trump can be 1 percent native american too.


That's what I mean.

Except his father was born to Bavarian immigrants and his mother was an immigrant from Scotland. No chance of american blood of any kind.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

15 Feb 2019, 3:01 pm

HighLlama wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
It's like diet commercials that joke about "the Battle of the Bulge".

19,276 Americans killed, but it's funny.

Image


It's just about laughing at the phrase Battle of the Bulge if taken at face value. Like Diet of Worms. No one is laughing at all the dead people. Also, it's hard to laugh at the phrase "Trail of Tears" if just taken at a face value.

Give it time.

It could become part of English vernacular to express, "futile attempt of an ethnic imposter to campaign for office".

Like, if Rachel Dozier tries to become a mayor somewhere, then one could simply say ... "TRIAL OF TEARS" and many people will laugh. :P
Image


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

15 Feb 2019, 3:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Exactly ^^^^.

Not saying whether Trump is guilty as charged, or not.

But if he were then the equivalent thing would be if say, an Arab head of state, were to say to an American president "we will give you another party at the Twin Towers" (or some kind of reference like that to 9-11).

The Bulge is regarded as a heroic battle. Nine eleven is regarded as heinous crime. The latter would be more of an equivalent to the Trail of Tears.

That among other obvious reasons that the two things are not analogous. White Americans use the Bulge joke on each other even among kin. Its not an epithet hurled at another ethnic group, or race they way Trump appeared to some to be using it.

"Trial of tears" was regarded as heroic too.

US government troops removing Indians who wouldn't follow American laws.

Citizens were probably cheering in the streets. Thanking the president, thanking their Congress member.

Americans all over were probably celebrating an end to Indian conflicts.

Just like modern times, we killed an estimated 1 million Muslims in the "Gulf Wars" and we celebrate our troops as heros, we thank them for their services, we celebrate the greatness of their accomplishments.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,248
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Feb 2019, 6:55 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Exactly ^^^^.

Not saying whether Trump is guilty as charged, or not.

But if he were then the equivalent thing would be if say, an Arab head of state, were to say to an American president "we will give you another party at the Twin Towers" (or some kind of reference like that to 9-11).

The Bulge is regarded as a heroic battle. Nine eleven is regarded as heinous crime. The latter would be more of an equivalent to the Trail of Tears.

That among other obvious reasons that the two things are not analogous. White Americans use the Bulge joke on each other even among kin. Its not an epithet hurled at another ethnic group, or race they way Trump appeared to some to be using it.

"Trial of tears" was regarded as heroic too.

US government troops removing Indians who wouldn't follow American laws.

Citizens were probably cheering in the streets. Thanking the president, thanking their Congress member.

Americans all over were probably celebrating an end to Indian conflicts.

Just like modern times, we killed an estimated 1 million Muslims in the "Gulf Wars" and we celebrate our troops as heros, we thank them for their services, we celebrate the greatness of their accomplishments.


Just because an evil act is popular doesn't make it any less evil.
As a matter of fact, the Supreme Court had ruled in favor of the Cherokee, to which Old Hickory said, "The Chief Justice has announced his decision. Now let him enforce it." The law of the land had sided with the Cherokee, but Andrew Jackson chose to disregard it, believing he was above the law.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,315

15 Feb 2019, 8:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just because an evil act is popular doesn't make it any less evil.
As a matter of fact, the Supreme Court had ruled in favor of the Cherokee, to which Old Hickory said, "The Chief Justice has announced his decision. Now let him enforce it." The law of the land had sided with the Cherokee, but Andrew Jackson chose to disregard it, believing he was above the law.


The jurisprudence behind such laws are always left open to interpretation by the "colonist gun toting overlords" when the outcome benefits expansion of settlements, access to mining, fishing, forestry and agriculture at the expense of the natives.

Put yourself in the mind of an alien reading earth's history. They would objectively interpret the colonisation of arable land in the Americas (north and south) as a process of genocide of native inhabitants followed by reliance on millions of slaves from Africa exploited like animals to develop the colonies.

It's not even open to debate whether it was evil...forgone conclusion



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,315

15 Feb 2019, 8:53 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
It could become part of English vernacular to express, "futile attempt of an ethnic imposter to campaign for office".

Like, if Rachel Dozier tries to become a mayor somewhere, then one could simply say ... "TRIAL OF TEARS" and many people will laugh. :P
Image


Are you trying tar the reputation of Elizabeth Warren's native ancestry by comparing her to Rachel Dolezal?
There is no such thing as "ethnic imposters" as race is a construct designed to perpetuate the myth of white superiority...

Being indigenous is also a state of mind, if you have a connection to the land, learn the language and respect culture you will be accepted by any indigenous tribe anywhere in the world

There is no white/caucasian race anywhere in the world who would ever accept a non-white as one of them...Americans are the worst offenders with perpetuation of a defacto apartheid to maintain "white spaces"



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

16 Feb 2019, 2:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Are you trying tar the reputation of Elizabeth Warren's native ancestry by comparing her to Rachel Dolezal?
There is no such thing as "ethnic imposters" as race is a construct designed to perpetuate the myth of white superiority...


Elizabeth Warren called herself an American Indian, not a distant descendant of one - huge difference.

cyberdad wrote:
Being indigenous is also a state of mind, if you have a connection to the land, learn the language and respect culture you will be accepted by any indigenous tribe anywhere in the world.

There is no white/caucasian race anywhere in the world who would ever accept a non-white as one of them...Americans are the worst offenders with perpetuation of a defacto apartheid to maintain "white spaces"


Then how do you explain all the whites who adopt date marry and procreate with non-whites? It's said there are thousands of whites who have a Native American ancestor.



Last edited by EzraS on 16 Feb 2019, 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.