Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It's clearly done in pure hatred and that's what makes it ugly.

Did you ever bring that point up when talk radio, Fox, and Breitbart spoke so hatefully of Obama?

It’s hateful no matter who it’s about.

And yet the right, so concerned with Trump's feelings, never cared about anything said about Obama.

That’s because Obama is a Democrat.

And yet Democrats are supposed to be concerned about the hurt feelings of a heartless narcissist who can dish it out, who can dish it out, but can't take it?

It was the other way around during the Obama Administration.

Obama was never a heartless narcissist who dished it out but couldn't take it. Far from it, he had made overture after overture to Republicans to win their friendship, and all they did was attack him with scorn and exaggerations. Yet Obama never retaliated, realizing that it was below the dignity of his office. And personally, he was always a better person than an amoral narcissist like Trump could ever hope to be.

Have you ever met him?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:55 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Did you ever bring that point up when talk radio, Fox, and Breitbart spoke so hatefully of Obama?

And yet the right, so concerned with Trump's feelings, never cared about anything said about Obama.

And yet Democrats are supposed to be concerned about the hurt feelings of a heartless narcissist who can dish it out, who can dish it out, but can't take it?

It was the other way around during the Obama Administration.

Obama was never a heartless narcissist who dished it out but couldn't take it. Far from it, he had made overture after overture to Republicans to win their friendship, and all they did was attack him with scorn and exaggerations. Yet Obama never retaliated, realizing that it was below the dignity of his office. And personally, he was always a better person than an amoral narcissist like Trump could ever hope to be.

Have you ever met him?

No, I have not. But plenty of reliable people who have describe a very thoughtful, very unassuming and intelligent man. The exact opposite of Trump

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No they should be concerned about the out of control ugly mob mentality being displayed by so called progressives.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No they should be concerned about the out of control ugly mob mentality being displayed by so called progressives.

1. The Dems have no control over comedians and networks. Exact opposite of how Fox and Limbaugh have control over the Republicans.
2. As far as I can see, the stuff they make fun of Trump for is all real.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

1. The Dems have no control over comedians and networks. Exact opposite of how Fox and Limbaugh have control over the Republicans.

Dems, the left, liberals are displaying an ugly hateful mob mentality that seems to contradict being progressive. Responses to that seem to be along the lines of Brietbart does it too and we think it's funny so that's all that matters. Which is exactly what I would expect to hear from the Brietbart 4Chan crowd, but not from true progressives.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 1:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Dems, the left, liberals are displaying an ugly hateful mob mentality that seems to contradict being progressive. Responses to that seem to be along the lines of Brietbart does it too and we think it's funny so that's all that matters. Which is exactly what I would expect to hear from the Brietbart 4Chan crowd, but not from true progressives.

The difference is, 4Chan and Breitbart regularly told lies using the most ugly racist, homophobic, and sexist terms to denigrate their targets. I don't see that from Colbert, or Noah, or the other comedians. I just see them taking Trump's words and making them into a joke... which isn't that tough to do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 2:25 am

I'm not the one who pointed to Breitbart.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 3:15 am

EzraS wrote:

So, they're still racist and evil.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 4:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So why use that as a comparison to left wing media and entertainment.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Breitbart, and talk radio is where the race based hatred of Obama was coming from.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Breitbart, and talk radio is where the race based hatred of Obama was coming from.

So since hatred was expressed towards Obama by Breitbart it's okay if umpteen left wing media sources express hatred towards Trump. And Beitbart is where you're setting the bar on this. Doesn't seem very progressive.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 8:23 am

EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
...It's being done in an ugly way now.

Because every day is an all time low.

It would seem if one totally hates someone that's what they're likely going to see.

I hate the man, of course, but I hate what he along with his party are doing more. They will never be forgiven for this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 3:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So since hatred was expressed towards Obama by Breitbart it's okay if umpteen left wing media sources express hatred towards Trump. And Beitbart is where you're setting the bar on this. Doesn't seem very progressive.

The difference is, those racist, right wing media sources told one lie after another about Obama, such as that he was born in Kenya (which Trump built his political career on), or that he was a secret Muslim (which shouldn't matter, as the constitution says there shall be no religious test for public office), that he belonged to a radical, black nationalist church (he was a Congregationalist), etc, etc, etc.
Whereas with Trump, it's the idiotic stuff he actually says and does that left leaning comedians make fun of. I happen to see a difference.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 4:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The difference is, those racist, right wing media sources told one lie after another about Obama, such as that he was born in Kenya (which Trump built his political career on), or that he was a secret Muslim (which shouldn't matter, as the constitution says there shall be no religious test for public office), that he belonged to a radical, black nationalist church (he was a Congregationalist), etc, etc, etc.
Whereas with Trump, it's the idiotic stuff he actually says and does that left leaning comedians make fun of. I happen to see a difference.

People forget before the Nazi tikki torch brigade (who seem to have made another reappearance en masse in Bulgaria for an international rally) there was the tea party who were hiding under their proverbial "skirts" neo-Nazi sympathisers and future supporters of the today's alt-right. Their rallies they held against Obama were fed by right wing media conspiracies were pure hate. Yet the republican party proudly supported these rallies and therein lies the fundamental problem.

For me this current flirtation with right wing politics (refer to Europe and South America's recent rise of the right) is less about the right wing media, politicians or extreme organisations. It's about the conservative communities who tolerate and secretly support the agenda to protect their precious "artificial white spaces" from the threat of third world immigrants, minority rights and (worst of all) paying for the health, education, welfare of the poor and protecting the environment.

People who voted Trump are really no different from the ignorant masses in Germany who thought they would make "Germany great again" by giving Hitler a go. History repeating itself, not in terms of the outcomes but in terms of the same mindset in the western world. Something fundamentally wrong.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 5:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

People forget before the Nazi tikki torch brigade (who seem to have made another reappearance en masse in Bulgaria for an international rally) there was the tea party who were hiding under their proverbial "skirts" neo-Nazi sympathisers and future supporters of the today's alt-right. Their rallies they held against Obama were fed by right wing media conspiracies were pure hate. Yet the republican party proudly supported these rallies and therein lies the fundamental problem.

For me this current flirtation with right wing politics (refer to Europe and South America's recent rise of the right) is less about the right wing media, politicians or extreme organisations. It's about the conservative communities who tolerate and secretly support the agenda to protect their precious "artificial white spaces" from the threat of third world immigrants, minority rights and (worst of all) paying for the health, education, welfare of the poor and protecting the environment.

People who voted Trump are really no different from the ignorant masses in Germany who thought they would make "Germany great again" by giving Hitler a go. History repeating itself, not in terms of the outcomes but in terms of the same mindset in the western world. Something fundamentally wrong.

Agreed.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:54 pm

This is what happens when people come to America for asylum because they are in danger and they are turned away:

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019/02 ... -salvador/