Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:35 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/16/obituaries/bruno-ganz-dead.html

He was probably the most well-known portrayer of Hitler on the silver screen, because of the YouTube parody videos featuring the infamous meltdown scene in Downfall.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 12:02 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 12:57 am

I remember him also in Wings Of Desire, and the remake of Nosferatu. RIP.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 2:25 am

He also played a scientist in The Boys From Brazil, which was about a sinister and bizarre plot to rekindle the Third Reich. Although his character wasn't involved in the plot. When I was watching it someone pointed out he was the same actor who played Hitler.

SPOILER ALERT

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:10 am

EzraS wrote:
He also played a scientist in The Boys From Brazil, which was about a sinister and bizarre plot to rekindle the Third Reich. Although his character wasn't involved in the plot. When I was watching it someone pointed out he was the same actor who played Hitler.

SPOILER ALERT

Growing up, that was one of my favorite movies.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:24 am

I guess now is as good a time as any to admit a little guilt with my storytelling. I wrote and published a novella called "Stranded In Paradise." It's a story about the seven survivors of an Atlantic cruise ship which was sunk in the Bermuda Triangle during an early and unexpected hurricane in the spring of 1960.

All seven survivors end up on an uncharted island somewhere in the Caribbean where the only two inhabitants are Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. (We learn later on they were put there while the Fourth Reich was being developed in Argentina and elsewhere because they're too recognizable to the Mossad and others in the international intelligence community).

When I first wrote this story, there was very little info about what Hitler's actual personality and behavior characteristics were, and even less on the mysterious and always hidden Eva Braun. After doing a ton of research, I found myself gravitating towards Bruno Ganz's portrayal of Hitler as the basis for my story, especially the bits about Hitler's uncontrollable hand tremors due to Parkinson's disease (or over-medication from his personal physician who kept him up to his neck in meth).

Anyway, thanks Herr Ganz for your brilliant portrayal. See you in the next life.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:37 pm

I did nazi it coming :wink:

:(

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 10:12 am

collectoritis wrote:
I did nazi it coming :wink: