Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:03 am

Mmmmaybe just in time. 8)

http://huffp.st/Jn7KlTY

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:58 am

Now.....if they can put "climate change" back on the government's websites.....

One of the things that bothers me most about Trump---is his attempts to quash science.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 10:28 am

Science is an easy target because people want absolutes.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:45 pm

BTDT wrote:
Science is an easy target because people want absolutes.

Here’s one: Out entire planet & species are absolutely f****d if we deny science.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 4:31 pm

absolutely.
chances are, we're f****d already, though, given that the collapse of ecosystems is now fast enough to be observable with the naked eye.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 6:01 pm

What few people realise is that Exxon knew of the impact of climate change through "in house" modelling on the impact of anthropogenic carbon emissions on climate as early as the 1970s but (like cigarette companies such as Phillip Morris hiding research on the impact cigarette smoke on lung cancer) suppressed information leaking to the public
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... years-ago/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
What few people realise is that Exxon knew of the impact of climate change through "in house" modelling on the impact of anthropogenic carbon emissions on climate as early as the 1970s but (like cigarette companies such as Phillip Morris hiding research on the impact cigarette smoke on lung cancer) suppressed information leaking to the public
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... years-ago/

And Republicans tell us that private business poses no threat to anyone.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:05 pm

Pseudo science isn't science.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:07 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Pseudo science isn't science.

You mean like young earth creationism, and rejection of evolution?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:26 pm

Yes, warmists are on the level of creationists and flat earthers. Science is never about consensus.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 6:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Yes, warmists are on the level of creationists and flat earthers. Science is never about consensus.

So, over 95% of scientists are fooled into believing in the "warmist" pseudoscience?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

So, over 95% of scientists are fooled into believing in the "warmist" pseudoscience?

Give me the list of every scientist and the alleged 98% that support the warmist theory. The majority believed homosexuality was a mental illness not so long ago. The majority believed the earth was flat. Like I said science is not about consensus.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:23 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Give me the list of every scientist and the alleged 98% that support the warmist theory. The majority believed homosexuality was a mental illness not so long ago. The majority believed the earth was flat. Like I said science is not about consensus.

:roll:

97% of climate scientists around the world are in agreement that human activity is a major cause of climate change we're seeing now. What evidence do you have to refute them with?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 10:37 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Science is self correcting, thus we know homosexuality isn't a mental illness, and the earth isn't flat. But for some error to be corrected , the evidence has to be legitimate, which the anti-climate change "evidence" is not.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:08 am

Consensus on Consensus - Cook et al. (2016)

Authors of seven climate consensus studies — including Naomi Oreskes, Peter Doran, William Anderegg, Bart Verheggen, Ed Maibach, J. Stuart Carlton, and John Cook — co-authored a paper that should settle the expert climate consensus question once and for all. The two key conclusions from the paper are:

1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists.

2) The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

:roll:

97% of climate scientists around the world are in agreement that human activity is a major cause of climate change we're seeing now. What evidence do you have to refute them with?

What's the evidence for the claim? Like I said, the 97% claim is bogus and science isn't about consensus.