Tucker Carlson’s 2000s comments on women, girls

Page 2 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:18 am

"Women seem to be adults to me. I mean, in other words, if you are grievously injured by another person, it's not your fault. I don't understand why, if you're an adult, you just can't get up and say, 'This is what the person did to me,'" he said. "

Well because people like Tucker Carlson call them whores and liars, and they don't need that on top of the sexual assault. Maybe that is why some women are afraid to report sexual assualt and/or rape that happens to them...just an observation.

I worry it may be even worse for men who experience sexual assault...like with the way females get treated when they report it I can only imagine how a man who suffers sexual assault would be treated by the people who call women liars and whores when they report it. I mean I have seen some guys act like men cannot be raped because they would be 'attracted to it' if they were being assaulted...so just as with women there would be some level of the 'well you must have asked for it somehow or been willing to take it' treatment.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 13 Mar 2019, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:18 am

https://jezebel.com/tucker-carlson-seem ... 1833191803
Fox News host Tucker Carlson is many things: a blowhard, a fear-mongering racist, an overgrown frat boy with a giant, empty head. He is also, apparently, the type of man who goes onto shock jock radio programs to talk about how hot it is to imagine 14-year-old girls sexually experimenting with each other.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
https://jezebel.com/tucker-carlson-seems-to-have-a-lot-of-fun-thoughts-on-w-1833191803
Fox News host Tucker Carlson is many things: a blowhard, a fear-mongering racist, an overgrown frat boy with a giant, empty head. He is also, apparently, the type of man who goes onto shock jock radio programs to talk about how hot it is to imagine 14-year-old girls sexually experimenting with each other.

And he talks about how at that time he had a 14 year old daughter himself. :eew:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.

Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.

There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.

Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.
Which is garbage. He's against illegal immigration.

He called Iraqis illiterate monkeys who don't know how to use toilet paper or silver ware. (You could use the same description for Trump :twisted:.)
He's also chummy with obvious racists he has as guests on his show.

I don't really care what he said 11-13 years ago. I care about people not supporting blowing up the world and its people like all of Carlson's enemies do. Anyone who's watches Bill Maher and repeats his talking points shouldn't be criticising others.
Which racists?

Well, he's still chummy with white nationalists, is Islamophobic, and has questioned if diversity is really a strength. That's all recent.

Which ones? Sounds like you're just making stuff up. 'Diversity' in the liberal sense is a weakness. Diversity of opinion is not tolerated.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:46 am

Jesus. He was joking about the sex stuff. That's very different to him meaning it. The other hosts who cheer on mass murder aren't joking.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:06 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Jesus. He was joking about the sex stuff. That's very different to him meaning it. The other hosts who cheer on mass murder aren't joking.

Just joking about child rape being OK if you marry the child first? In what way exactly is it funny to "pretend" to think that's OK, how is that a joke? This is a really thin excuse. Use your head. You don't want this guy on your team, you don't want to try to excuse this. It's a really bad look. Like tell your family you think jokes about raping kids are OK and see if they starting thinking differently about you. My guess is they would, because it's a really bad look for a reason. Nobody is for child raping except people who are very sick, pretending to support that "as a joke" is highly questionable at best.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:09 am

Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:14 am

JohnPowell wrote:

Well he was joking about wanting to see 14 year olds in a sexual light...not sure jokes like that are entirely comedy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
[
I believe what's being expressed is that Carlson's anti-war statements are of greater significance than his douchebag comments.

To the ear of the beholder I guess...

I'm sure Hitler and Stalin said nice things as well...

Going to ridiculous extremes as usual. And especially ridiculous using Hitler and Stalin to equate to someone who's an anti-war.

Last edited by EzraS on 13 Mar 2019, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 4:29 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.

I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 4:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Well he was joking about wanting to see 14 year olds in a sexual light...not sure jokes like that are entirely comedy.

He wasn't even talking about age. He was joking about not being able to have sex 28 times in a week.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:58 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.

Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.

Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.

He called Iraqis illiterate monkeys who don't know how to use toilet paper or silver ware. (You could use the same description for Trump :twisted:.)

I don't really care what he said 11-13 years ago. I care about people not supporting blowing up the world and its people like all of Carlson's enemies do. Anyone who's watches Bill Maher and repeats his talking points shouldn't be criticising others.
Which racists?

Well, he's still chummy with white nationalists, is Islamophobic, and has questioned if diversity is really a strength. That's all recent.

Which ones? Sounds like you're just making stuff up. 'Diversity' in the liberal sense is a weakness. Diversity of opinion is not tolerated.

I don't watch Carlson's show, so I'll have to look up names.
Yes, when you have a society made up of differing ethnicities, religions, sexuality, and yes political beliefs as you'll find in modern industrial countries, accepting diversity is a strength.
What diversity of opinion is rejected? That racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other kind of hatred and discrimination should be rejected?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 11:38 am

Even the "shock jock" co host called what he said twisted and demented and seemed to say that a person who marries an underaged girl is worse than a regular rapist because of premeditation.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Mar 2019, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 12:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Which racists?

I don't watch Carlson's show, so I'll have to look up names.
Yes, when you have a society made up of differing ethnicities, religions, sexuality, and yes political beliefs as you'll find in modern industrial countries, accepting diversity is a strength.
What diversity of opinion is rejected? That racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other kind of hatred and discrimination should be rejected?

So you just made outrageous and false claims without even bothering to check you were wrong.
None of that means anything and that tripe doesn't work anyway. Most Muslims are against homosexuality. Feminists and transsexuals are starting to fall out. And the most ludicrous thing about the whole fake 'diversity/tolerance' is that people aren't allowed to have certain opinions as they will fall under the increasing net of the smear words you just threw out. Nothing changes by just calling people names, no one learns. The US is meant to be a very Christian country but the liberal mob wouldn't dare forgive people for something they said 20 years ago if the person is a political opponent.

So let's take a look at one of your heroes, Maher's gems. He compares Hamas like a "crazy woman trying to kill you" and "You can only hold her wrists for so long before you have to slap her"

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 1:03 pm

The U.S. is a secular country, read the constitution.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 4:24 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.

If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.