Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 7:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.

Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.

There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.

Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.
Which is garbage. He's against illegal immigration.

He called Iraqis illiterate monkeys who don't know how to use toilet paper or silver ware. (You could use the same description for Trump :twisted:.)
He's also chummy with obvious racists he has as guests on his show.

I don't really care what he said 11-13 years ago. I care about people not supporting blowing up the world and its people like all of Carlson's enemies do. Anyone who's watches Bill Maher and repeats his talking points shouldn't be criticising others.
Which racists?

Well, he's still chummy with white nationalists, is Islamophobic, and has questioned if diversity is really a strength. That's all recent.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 7:44 pm

JohnPowell, learn to read a room: some things are not defensible. The sort of stuff Tucker Carlson said about raping underage girls is that sort of stuff. Don't try to defend it, you are only making yourself look bad--you shouldn't be willing to go to these lengths just to still be seen as on the same team as guys like this. You don't want guys that excuse child rape on your team, man.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:03 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell, learn to read a room: some things are not defensible. The sort of stuff Tucker Carlson said about raping underage girls is that sort of stuff. Don't try to defend it, you are only making yourself look bad--you shouldn't be willing to go to these lengths just to still be seen as on the same team as guys like this. You don't want guys that excuse child rape on your team, man.

You're right. Some things are indefensible. How about the apologists on this site who believe U.S. committing mass murder in multiple countries is just hunky dory? Have you ever spoken out against those crimes? If you have, I don't remember reading it.

Have you ever said a bad word about Barack Obama, who took us from two to seven f*****g wars in the ME, including the war in Yemen where the U.S. is aiding Saudi Arabia in committing genocide? At least Carlson seems to be against these wars, which I applaud him for.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:05 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

You're right. Some things are indefensible. How about the apologists on this site who believe U.S. committing mass murder in multiple countries is just hunky dory? Have you ever spoken out against those crimes? If you have, I don't remember reading it.

Have you ever said a bad word about Barack Obama, who took us from two to seven f*****g wars in the ME, including the war in Yemen where the U.S. is aiding Saudi Arabia in committing genocide? At least Carlson seems to be against these wars, which I applaud him for.

Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhatabout

Yes, thanks for reminding me of your arguing style and why I don't enjoy discussions with you and try to avoid them.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhatabout

Yes, thanks for reminding me of your arguing style and why I don't enjoy discussions with you and try to avoid them.

Why not answer the f*****g question? Do you support mass murder? Or just have a problem with racism and sexism. I can tell you that I don't support any of it. If you want to pose yourself as a moral person, don't turn a blind eye to the worst crimes being discussed on this site.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Why not answer the f*****g question?

Once again, thank you for reminding me why I don't enjoy talking to you. Have a good day.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Why not answer the f*****g question?

Once again, thank you for reminding me why I don't enjoy talking to you. Have a good day.

Yeah. You have a good day, too, ignoring the real crimes. You have no moral ground on which to stand.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:27 pm

Every crime mentioned in this thread is REAL. War crimes & sex crimes are both criminal offenses.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:34 pm

cberg wrote:
Every crime mentioned in this thread is REAL. War crimes & sex crimes are both criminal offenses.

Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to engage with people who are rude and hostile and like to use disingenuous arguing tactics. I can talk about all the various crimes politicians and other media personalities commit with whoever I like, I just choose not to bother with people who obviously just want to yell and swear at me. I wouldn't bother talking to people who engage like that in person, why would I bother doing it online when I have the option of talking to other people instead who can do so without being hostile and disingenuous?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:46 pm

cberg wrote:

True, I just have a real problem with certain members who ignore comments that support war crimes, but distribute their indignation liberally for sexism and racism. It seems to me that their moral compass needs some serious adjustments.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 10:16 pm

As I recall, this thread is about Carlson being a douche bag, not about war crimes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 1:29 am

JohnPowell wrote:
I don't really care what he said 11-13 years ago. I care about people not supporting blowing up the world and its people like all of Carlson's enemies do.

Is there a statute of limitations on inciting hatred against minorities? Well I guess if A-list actor Mark Wahlberg can bury his time as a an active skinhead with a criminal record for violence against women then why not Tucker eh?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 1:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As I recall, this thread is about Carlson being a douche bag, not about war crimes.

I believe what's being expressed is that Carlson's anti-war statements are of greater significance than his douchebag comments.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 1:59 am

EzraS wrote:
[
I believe what's being expressed is that Carlson's anti-war statements are of greater significance than his douchebag comments.

To the ear of the beholder I guess...

I'm sure Hitler and Stalin said nice things as well...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:10 am

On facebook someone was complaining that, the news host guy was just expressing traditional conservative values. So I said to that person ' So oldschool conservative values consist of marrying 16 year olds off to 27 year olds, and sexually objectifying 14 year old girls when you're a grown ass man...that's good to know.' I think I did a good job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:18 am

"Women seem to be adults to me. I mean, in other words, if you are grievously injured by another person, it's not your fault. I don't understand why, if you're an adult, you just can't get up and say, 'This is what the person did to me,'" he said. "

Well because people like Tucker Carlson call them whores and liars, and they don't need that on top of the sexual assault. Maybe that is why some women are afraid to report sexual assualt and/or rape that happens to them...just an observation.

I worry it may be even worse for men who experience sexual assault...like with the way females get treated when they report it I can only imagine how a man who suffers sexual assault would be treated by the people who call women liars and whores when they report it. I mean I have seen some guys act like men cannot be raped because they would be 'attracted to it' if they were being assaulted...so just as with women there would be some level of the 'well you must have asked for it somehow or been willing to take it' treatment.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 13 Mar 2019, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.