Tucker Carlson’s 2000s comments on women, girls

Page 4 of 7 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

13 Mar 2019, 4:24 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,069
Location: Palestine

13 Mar 2019, 4:33 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


I'm just proving it's phony outrage.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,068
Location: Illinois

13 Mar 2019, 5:37 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


This is your constant go-to argument when the conversation deviates from your vision of what you think it should be. If you don't like the points people make, then ignore them! Don't whine about being abused and how they should "start their own thread." Grow up! You bring this crap on yourself. Stop whining, make your arguments, and move on!


_________________
If you embrace your inner child any harder, you'll suffocate the little bastard!


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

13 Mar 2019, 7:53 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


This is your constant go-to argument when the conversation deviates from your vision of what you think it should be. If you don't like the points people make, then ignore them! Don't whine about being abused and how they should "start their own thread." Grow up! You bring this crap on yourself. Stop whining, make your arguments, and move on!


Again, I appreciate the reminder of what kind of discussions you like to have online and how you like to talk to people, but I have to reiterate I'm not interested in participating in hurling abuse at people online in the guise of a conversation because I don't find it as pleasant as you apparently do. Have a good day.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,683
Location: Twin Peaks

13 Mar 2019, 8:10 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


This is your constant go-to argument when the conversation deviates from your vision of what you think it should be. If you don't like the points people make, then ignore them! Don't whine about being abused and how they should "start their own thread." Grow up! You bring this crap on yourself. Stop whining, make your arguments, and move on!


Again, I appreciate the reminder of what kind of discussions you like to have online and how you like to talk to people, but I have to reiterate I'm not interested in participating in hurling abuse at people online in the guise of a conversation because I don't find it as pleasant as you apparently do. Have a good day.


You don't really participate in threads. You mainly derail them by bossing people around and insulting them.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,068
Location: Illinois

13 Mar 2019, 8:13 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


This is your constant go-to argument when the conversation deviates from your vision of what you think it should be. If you don't like the points people make, then ignore them! Don't whine about being abused and how they should "start their own thread." Grow up! You bring this crap on yourself. Stop whining, make your arguments, and move on!


Again, I appreciate the reminder of what kind of discussions you like to have online and how you like to talk to people, but I have to reiterate I'm not interested in participating in hurling abuse at people online in the guise of a conversation because I don't find it as pleasant as you apparently do. Have a good day.


At least I don't put myself up on a pedestal like you do. I freely admit my faults. You hurl more abuse here than I do. Let that sink in and learn from it. You have a good day, also.


_________________
If you embrace your inner child any harder, you'll suffocate the little bastard!


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

13 Mar 2019, 8:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Exactly what kind of a joke was he making, was he being ironically in support of child rape? Was it supposed to be satirical? Because that's not how either irony or satire works, if that's what you are claiming.

Saying it was just a joke is such a lazy argument technique, I am really disappointed.


I don't really care about him making a horrible joke over 10 years ago. I care about the present and I care about actions and real views. Of course he doesn't support child rape. But where is your condemnation of all the T.V. hosts who supported all the wars that blew up children? Supported Obama as he blew up children? Supported the sanctions that killed over 500,000 children? I'm sick of people who get hysterical over words but excuse genocide.


If you don't care about what he said, then why are you commenting in a thread specifically about what he said about women and girls? Stop trying to change the topic of the thread--if you want to talk about those other things, then make your own thread about those things and stop trying to derail this one because it makes your hero look bad.


I'm just proving it's phony outrage.


It's not phony, what he said is really gross and most people find it gross because IT IS GROSS to talk about child rape as if it's OK as long as you marry the child first before you rape them. I don't see how that is hard to understand or why you think people being upset about someone saying something like that is somehow "phony". Most people don't like child rape, and do indeed find it an outrage. I'm sorry to be the one to inform you of this apparently new phenomenon that you were previously unaware.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,069
Location: Palestine

14 Mar 2019, 1:53 am

It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,133

14 Mar 2019, 2:17 am

Hey c'mon guys, grown men piling on a young lady...ease off



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,133

14 Mar 2019, 2:24 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
what he said is really gross and most people find it gross because IT IS GROSS to talk about child rape as if it's OK as long as you marry the child first before you rape them. I don't see how that is hard to understand or why you think people being upset about someone saying something like that is somehow "phony". Most people don't like child rape, and do indeed find it an outrage. I'm sorry to be the one to inform you of this apparently new phenomenon that you were previously unaware.


I think what's gross is that millions of women listen and support this loser not seeming to care he is a blatant misogynist.

Of course Carlson isn't unique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o21fXqguD7U

Millions of American females (including 64% of college educated women) have no problem with Trump saying that stuff either
https://www.wsj.com/articles/women-who- ... 1545264804



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,069
Location: Palestine

14 Mar 2019, 2:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
what he said is really gross and most people find it gross because IT IS GROSS to talk about child rape as if it's OK as long as you marry the child first before you rape them. I don't see how that is hard to understand or why you think people being upset about someone saying something like that is somehow "phony". Most people don't like child rape, and do indeed find it an outrage. I'm sorry to be the one to inform you of this apparently new phenomenon that you were previously unaware.


I think what's gross is that millions of women listen and support this loser not seeming to care he is a blatant misogynist.

Of course Carlson isn't unique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o21fXqguD7U

Millions of American females (including 64% of college educated women) have no problem with Trump saying that stuff either
https://www.wsj.com/articles/women-who- ... 1545264804


See my previous posts to debunk your post. Even if he was a misogynist, him standing against war cancels that out. Same with Trump ending wars. Blowing up hundreds of thousands of women and cheering for blowing up women and children is worse than saying something rude.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,133

14 Mar 2019, 2:59 am

JohnPowell wrote:
See my previous posts to debunk your post. Even if he was a misogynist, him standing against war cancels that out. Same with Trump ending wars. Blowing up hundreds of thousands of women and cheering for blowing up women and children is worse than saying something rude.

Trump just grounded all American Boeing 737 Max 8's which will also save lives...what's your point?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,683
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Mar 2019, 3:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
See my previous posts to debunk your post. Even if he was a misogynist, him standing against war cancels that out. Same with Trump ending wars. Blowing up hundreds of thousands of women and cheering for blowing up women and children is worse than saying something rude.

Trump just grounded all American Boeing 737 Max 8's which will also save lives...what's your point?


Interesting deflection.
It seems his point is that the people who become appoplectic over something someone says, seem completely oblivious and uncaring when it comes to the horror and tragedy of war.



karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

14 Mar 2019, 4:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Hey c'mon guys, grown men piling on a young lady...ease off


Are you talking about me?



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,069
Location: Palestine

14 Mar 2019, 5:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
See my previous posts to debunk your post. Even if he was a misogynist, him standing against war cancels that out. Same with Trump ending wars. Blowing up hundreds of thousands of women and cheering for blowing up women and children is worse than saying something rude.

Trump just grounded all American Boeing 737 Max 8's which will also save lives...what's your point?


Interesting deflection.
It seems his point is that the people who become appoplectic over something someone says, seem completely oblivious and uncaring when it comes to the horror and tragedy of war.


I think the hundreds of thousands of women killed in Iraq would have preferred to have been the victims of a rude joke.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"