Tucker Carlson’s 2000s comments on women, girls

Page 6 of 7 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

15 Mar 2019, 6:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


What about my outrage is phony? How am I lying?


I've never seen you get outraged at the liberal press for cheering on wars. You're not lying you're just repeating the lies.


You've never seen me get outraged about a lot of things, how does that in any way negate my current feelings about the grossness of what Tucker Carlson said? How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.

And what is with all the personal vitriol being directed at me in this thread, impugning my moral character and attacking me because I had the nerve to say I think "joking" about raping kids is gross? Where is this coming from? You guys need to take some time out and ask yourselves why you are personally attacking me in this way and figure it out so you can stop doing it, it's really weird and not cool.


Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also. I'm not personally attacking anyone. I'm attacking the liberal ideology. I've said that what I said was horrible. All you had to do was say the same about cheering on mass murder. The whole story is based on phony outrage and lies and a smear campaign because he's anti war now.


I'm a billion times worse than what Tucker Carlson said about raping children? And that's not a personal attack how?



karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

15 Mar 2019, 6:29 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.


It's a kind of form of internet gaslighting. There are are a couple of posters on WP who do this regularly . You are simply not allowed to disagree with them


How is it allowed to continue? I've been reporting the personal attacks but they don't stop, the guys keep piling on me and telling me things like I'm a billion times worse than Tucker Carlson, and somehow this is allowed by the moderators.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,472

15 Mar 2019, 8:31 pm

I was called despicable in one of these threads but any online forum (including social media) you do have to have some "thick skin" and just ignore the personal jabs otherwise it's not recommended to read what's written here.

People have no idea who you are and are not really in any position to pass judgement.

On the other hand Tucker Carlson wants to be a magnet for the worst elements of society. People who want to support his right to vilify vulnerable groups might want to look in the mirror, because Carlson's support group are no friends of the autistic community



karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

15 Mar 2019, 8:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I was called despicable in one of these threads but any online forum (including social media) you do have to have some "thick skin" and just ignore the personal jabs otherwise it's not recommended to read what's written here.

People have no idea who you are and are not really in any position to pass judgement.

On the other hand Tucker Carlson wants to be a magnet for the worst elements of society. People who want to support his right to vilify vulnerable groups might want to look in the mirror, because Carlson's support group are no friends of the autistic community


Mostly I just try to not participate by not responding to them and not talking to them, but they follow me around and say me not talking to them is just me "avoiding debate" when really I'm just trying to avoid the aggressive negativity and personal attacks that seem inevitable in discussions with them. Not everyone enjoys having conversations like that and we should be allowed to avoid people who do want to have those kinds of conversations. I just don't like the vitriol-slinging aspect of the internet and don't want my online interaction to be like that, if it can be avoided.

Basically, I don't understand how my contribution to this thread ended up with me butting heads with so many guys. Can't we all agree that joking about child marriage not being as bad as child rape because in marriage the rapist has "committed" to their victim is gross? Why can't we all agree on this very basic thing that should be repugnant to everyone? Yet somehow this great disagreement springs from it like me saying that is controversial, or even immoral. It's so bizarre.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,197
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 1:29 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


What about my outrage is phony? How am I lying?


I've never seen you get outraged at the liberal press for cheering on wars. You're not lying you're just repeating the lies.


You've never seen me get outraged about a lot of things, how does that in any way negate my current feelings about the grossness of what Tucker Carlson said? How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.

And what is with all the personal vitriol being directed at me in this thread, impugning my moral character and attacking me because I had the nerve to say I think "joking" about raping kids is gross? Where is this coming from? You guys need to take some time out and ask yourselves why you are personally attacking me in this way and figure it out so you can stop doing it, it's really weird and not cool.


Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also. I'm not personally attacking anyone. I'm attacking the liberal ideology. I've said that what I said was horrible. All you had to do was say the same about cheering on mass murder. The whole story is based on phony outrage and lies and a smear campaign because he's anti war now.


I'm a billion times worse than what Tucker Carlson said about raping children? And that's not a personal attack how?


Your argument is a billion times worse. One of the people you're replying to has personally attacked me a million times. I've never attacked you.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,197
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 1:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
I was called despicable in one of these threads but any online forum (including social media) you do have to have some "thick skin" and just ignore the personal jabs otherwise it's not recommended to read what's written here.

People have no idea who you are and are not really in any position to pass judgement.

On the other hand Tucker Carlson wants to be a magnet for the worst elements of society. People who want to support his right to vilify vulnerable groups might want to look in the mirror, because Carlson's support group are no friends of the autistic community


Where did a person say you were despicable? Sure they didn't say your stance was so?


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

16 Mar 2019, 1:46 am

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


What about my outrage is phony? How am I lying?


I've never seen you get outraged at the liberal press for cheering on wars. You're not lying you're just repeating the lies.


You've never seen me get outraged about a lot of things, how does that in any way negate my current feelings about the grossness of what Tucker Carlson said? How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.

And what is with all the personal vitriol being directed at me in this thread, impugning my moral character and attacking me because I had the nerve to say I think "joking" about raping kids is gross? Where is this coming from? You guys need to take some time out and ask yourselves why you are personally attacking me in this way and figure it out so you can stop doing it, it's really weird and not cool.


Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also. I'm not personally attacking anyone. I'm attacking the liberal ideology. I've said that what I said was horrible. All you had to do was say the same about cheering on mass murder. The whole story is based on phony outrage and lies and a smear campaign because he's anti war now.


I'm a billion times worse than what Tucker Carlson said about raping children? And that's not a personal attack how?


Your argument is a billion times worse. One of the people you're replying to has personally attacked me a million times. I've never attacked you.


You said in your own words quoted in this tree "Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also." Not my argument is a billion times worse, but that I am. That is a personal attack. Can you not read your own words?



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,472

16 Mar 2019, 1:55 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I was called despicable in one of these threads but any online forum (including social media) you do have to have some "thick skin" and just ignore the personal jabs otherwise it's not recommended to read what's written here.

People have no idea who you are and are not really in any position to pass judgement.

On the other hand Tucker Carlson wants to be a magnet for the worst elements of society. People who want to support his right to vilify vulnerable groups might want to look in the mirror, because Carlson's support group are no friends of the autistic community


Where did a person say you were despicable? Sure they didn't say your stance was so?

yes perhaps it was my stance..



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,472

16 Mar 2019, 2:05 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
I'm just trying to avoid the aggressive negativity and personal attacks that seem inevitable in discussions with them. Not everyone enjoys having conversations like that and we should be allowed to avoid people who do want to have those kinds of conversations. I just don't like the vitriol-slinging aspect of the internet and don't want my online interaction to be like that, if it can be avoided.

Fair enough, you are entitled to participate as much as anyone else here without having to put up with personal accusations. I think it's just the testosterone more than anything else.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
I don't understand how my contribution to this thread ended up with me butting heads with so many guys. Can't we all agree that joking about child marriage not being as bad as child rape because in marriage the rapist has "committed" to their victim is gross? Why can't we all agree on this very basic thing that should be repugnant to everyone? Yet somehow this great disagreement springs from it like me saying that is controversial, or even immoral. It's so bizarre.

There's a pattern here if you look for it. People are conditioned over time (sometimes not very long) to become very defensive over conservative figures who resonate or whom they see themselves as reflecting their own values. That defensiveness has long reached a tipping point where it manifests as aggressive attack (these guys are fairly tame compared to others like raptor or Dox47 who used their ownership of guns to intimidate others)



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,197
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 2:21 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


What about my outrage is phony? How am I lying?


I've never seen you get outraged at the liberal press for cheering on wars. You're not lying you're just repeating the lies.


You've never seen me get outraged about a lot of things, how does that in any way negate my current feelings about the grossness of what Tucker Carlson said? How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.

And what is with all the personal vitriol being directed at me in this thread, impugning my moral character and attacking me because I had the nerve to say I think "joking" about raping kids is gross? Where is this coming from? You guys need to take some time out and ask yourselves why you are personally attacking me in this way and figure it out so you can stop doing it, it's really weird and not cool.


Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also. I'm not personally attacking anyone. I'm attacking the liberal ideology. I've said that what I said was horrible. All you had to do was say the same about cheering on mass murder. The whole story is based on phony outrage and lies and a smear campaign because he's anti war now.


I'm a billion times worse than what Tucker Carlson said about raping children? And that's not a personal attack how?


Your argument is a billion times worse. One of the people you're replying to has personally attacked me a million times. I've never attacked you.


You said in your own words quoted in this tree "Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also." Not my argument is a billion times worse, but that I am. That is a personal attack. Can you not read your own words?


I'm very sorry. I was starting another sentence and didn't finish it. I would never mean something so stupid like that. Apologies.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

16 Mar 2019, 4:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's phony outrage and lies. He doesn't think child rape is ok. But I've seen the same people getting hysterical about horrible jokes 12 years ago don't give a Damn about genocide.


What about my outrage is phony? How am I lying?


I've never seen you get outraged at the liberal press for cheering on wars. You're not lying you're just repeating the lies.


You've never seen me get outraged about a lot of things, how does that in any way negate my current feelings about the grossness of what Tucker Carlson said? How dare you try to tell me my own feelings about something are phony, what arrogance. What is wrong with you that this is how you have political discussion with people, you try to dictate to them what their own emotional state is? You're talking to a person, another human being--act like it and have some civility. And what lies am I repeating? You can't just go around telling people what they really feel about things and accusing them of lying and then dancing around and changing your story when they try to call you on your flailing accusations. First I'm a liar, now I'm not lying myself but I'm repeating the lies of others. Which is it? Get your story straight before you hurl accusations.

And what is with all the personal vitriol being directed at me in this thread, impugning my moral character and attacking me because I had the nerve to say I think "joking" about raping kids is gross? Where is this coming from? You guys need to take some time out and ask yourselves why you are personally attacking me in this way and figure it out so you can stop doing it, it's really weird and not cool.


Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also. I'm not personally attacking anyone. I'm attacking the liberal ideology. I've said that what I said was horrible. All you had to do was say the same about cheering on mass murder. The whole story is based on phony outrage and lies and a smear campaign because he's anti war now.


I'm a billion times worse than what Tucker Carlson said about raping children? And that's not a personal attack how?


Your argument is a billion times worse. One of the people you're replying to has personally attacked me a million times. I've never attacked you.


You said in your own words quoted in this tree "Because mass murder is a billion times worse and you are also." Not my argument is a billion times worse, but that I am. That is a personal attack. Can you not read your own words?


I'm very sorry. I was starting another sentence and didn't finish it. I would never mean something so stupid like that. Apologies.


Well you were insulting me before that telling me it was immoral and phony of me to be upset with what Tucker Carlson said but not seemingly upset about other bad things (when you don't actually know what else I might disapprove of), but sure I'll pretend it was all an accident of typing and accept your apology--as long as you stop personally attacking me and calling me phony and immoral. Fair enough?



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,197
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 6:22 pm

I've attacked your argument. I'd never say you were a billion times worse. I believe I can change people's minds. Like people have changed mine.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

16 Mar 2019, 6:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I've attacked your argument. I'd never say you were a billion times worse. I believe I can change people's minds. Like people have changed mine.


No, you claimed my feelings were phony and accused me of lying about them, that's personal.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,197
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 7:05 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I've attacked your argument. I'd never say you were a billion times worse. I believe I can change people's minds. Like people have changed mine.


No, you claimed my feelings were phony and accused me of lying about them, that's personal.


Despite your personal attacks on me, no. I claimed that you were repeating lies and repeating phony outrage points.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

16 Mar 2019, 7:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I've attacked your argument. I'd never say you were a billion times worse. I believe I can change people's minds. Like people have changed mine.


No, you claimed my feelings were phony and accused me of lying about them, that's personal.


Despite your personal attacks on me, no. I claimed that you were repeating lies and repeating phony outrage points.


I have never attacked you personally. I've had to show you your own words a couple of times now to prove to you what you said about me because you lied about it, so I'm just going to stop talking to you now because you obviously won't be held responsible for what you say to people even when confronted with your own quotes. It's pointless to try to have a conversation with someone that dishonest that they won't even own their own words. Have a good day.