No 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 18

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 10:14 am

alpacka wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Lie detectors are hilariously unreliable.

No it's not

There's a reason the polygraph is not admissible in court and that reason is that it's unreliable.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2019, 5:34 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
alpacka wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Lie detectors are hilariously unreliable.

No it's not

There's a reason the polygraph is not admissible in court and that reason is that it's unreliable.

I understand what you saying, but it says a lot about a person if he refuse to do a lie detectortest as well. To me it's a dead give away right there that you are not truthful and afraid to get caught.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 6:12 am

Off topic but I'd always refuse to do a lie detector because they rely on body language and I'm autistic.

However, these guys aren't autistic so they ought to show the same body language reactions to lying and truth telling as any other NT. A bit fishy to refuse one in that case.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 9:32 am

TUF wrote:
Off topic but I'd always refuse to do a lie detector because they rely on body language and I'm autistic.

However, these guys aren't autistic so they ought to show the same body language reactions to lying and truth telling as any other NT. A bit fishy to refuse one in that case.

...Bave they been offered one and refused?
If so, by who θy manic MJ fans freaking out on the Internet, of which there are apparently many responding to these allegationd?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 12:40 am

TUF wrote:

Being autistic impairs your ability to read body language, but not your ability to exhibit body language. And polygraphs actually don't have much to do with facial expressions and body language anyway. They record your heart rate, and breathing rate, and stuff like that. And they calibrate the machine to the person anyway. Compare what the machine measures when you tell a known truth (is your name Tuf?) and tell a known lie (is your name George Washington?). I don't see why a polygraph would be either more reliable, or more unreliable, on an autistic than for an NT.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:07 am

I can see them being unreliable for someone with anxiety. Your heart rate will be up and your breathing and even if you are not showing it on the outside, it will still show up on the test because you are so anxious about being accused of guilt even though you're innocent. That is why it's called anxiety because it's irrational.

It is possible to pass the test even if you are guilty but it's usually people who are sociopaths. Non sociopaths who try to pass it even though they are guilty, they already can tell. For one if they are investigating your home and they check your computer and see you have search results "How to pass the polygraph test" that goes against you so even if you pass, you are still guilty and the results are not reliable.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TUF wrote:

Being autistic impairs your ability to read body language, but not your ability to exhibit body language. And polygraphs actually don't have much to do with facial expressions and body language anyway. They record your heart rate, and breathing rate, and stuff like that. And they calibrate the machine to the person anyway. Compare what the machine measures when you tell a known truth (is your name Tuf?) and tell a known lie (is your name George Washington?). I don't see why a polygraph would be either more reliable, or more unreliable, on an autistic than for an NT.

Autistics often have Atypical body language

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:38 pm

I kind of think, why has this suddenly resurfaced as an issue now. Michael Jackson is dead, has been for a while and the court trials happened a long time ago...and suddenly its news again? And news enough for them to remove a simpsons episode that featured him as a voice actor in one episode.

I mean I lean towards not really seeing it, just doesn't seem like he was into kids in a gross way...more like he wanted to be one, so idk. I don't see him having molested children but I wasn't there so I don't know just from what I've heard seems possible he didn't do anything like that.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 5:02 am

...My last post didn't go up :? ? I corrected a couple of misposts in my first post in this line. OCD literal/anal retentive me! if II die...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I kind of think, why has this suddenly resurfaced as an issue now. Michael Jackson is dead, has been for a while and the court trials happened a long time ago...and suddenly its news again? And news enough for them to remove a simpsons episode that featured him as a voice actor in one episode.

I mean I lean towards not really seeing it, just doesn't seem like he was into kids in a gross way...more like he wanted to be one, so idk. I don't see him having molested children but I wasn't there so I don't know just from what I've heard seems possible he didn't do anything like that.

Well, Wade Robson did not get the job he really wanted in 2011, his e-mail to Cirque du Soleil about the Michael Jackson themed Las Vegas show can be found online. In 2012, he had a breakdown and came out with the allegations and went to court.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:51 am

SameStars wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I kind of think, why has this suddenly resurfaced as an issue now. Michael Jackson is dead, has been for a while and the court trials happened a long time ago... and suddenly its news again? And news enough for them to remove a simpsons episode that featured him as a voice actor in one episode. I mean I lean towards not really seeing it, just doesn't seem like he was into kids in a gross way... more like he wanted to be one, so idk. I don't see him having molested children but I wasn't there so I don't know just from what I've heard seems possible he didn't do anything like that.
Well, Wade Robson did not get the job he really wanted in 2011, his e-mail to Cirque du Soleil about the Michael Jackson themed Las Vegas show can be found online. In 2012, he had a breakdown and came out with the allegations and went to court.
I suspect that Mr. Robson make be bucking for another helping of STFU money from the Jackson estate and family. I could be wrong, though.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BlueIris24
Raven
Raven

11 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I, personally, believe the allegations are true, so what I'm going to say is perhaps a bit biased.

Anyway, Jackson being dead doesn't take away the pain that the victims are going through. It's extremely common for sexual abuse victims not to come forward for a long time, if they come forward at all. It's possible that now that he's been dead for a long time, they feel safer and more ready to come forward.