01 Sep 2020, 8:31 am

Thank goodness she’s rebelling!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 8:37 am

KikiKitty678 wrote:
But is she rebelling against a patriarchal culture that is focused on bringing back slavery, removing women from positions of authority, and securing natural resources in other lands by subverting their governments and killing of their people ... or is she just rebelling against her parents?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 8:39 am

She is in family court trying to become an emancipated minor.I'm not sure what cruelty or abuse she is arguing or what the standard is in court for a minor to be emancipated.

Kelley Anne Conway,whether you like her politics,I wouldn't imagine she is a neglectful mother or physically abusive,anyone could be verbally or psychologically abusive really.

This will be interesting!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

Fnord wrote:
KikiKitty678 wrote:
But is she rebelling against a patriarchal culture that is focused on bringing back slavery, removing women from positions of authority, and securing natural resources in other lands by subverting their governments and killing of their people ... or is she just rebelling against her parents?
Her mother's politics won't get her emancipated,she will have to show some type of neglect or abuse in the home.Verbal or psychological abuse will work because most people have done it(happens all the time on WP)that's the likely angle her lawyers will take.Conway will be portrayed as manipulative and hyper controlling which isn't hard to prove,because it's common especially in highly successful parents.

The politics of Kelly Anne Conway is non germane to any court case.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 9:00 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KikiKitty678 wrote:
Her mother's politics won't get her emancipated...
Exactly the point I was implying -- is this all about her mother's abuse or is it really all about her mother's politics?

Too bad we won't know for certain until after the election.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 10:21 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KikiKitty678 wrote:
Her mother's politics won't get her emancipated...
Exactly the point I was implying -- is this all about her mother's abuse or is it really all about her mother's politics?

Too bad we won't know for certain until after the election.

Probably her mother's politics is the real motivation in truth.

But they will argue verbal and psychology abuse in court and will win because no parent is perfect,anyone could get emancipation if they really wanted.What parent has not engaged is some abuse of some type.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 10:33 am

The politics could be relevant in some indirect way.

Mom was a shill for Trump, and Dad works for the GOP Never Trumpers.

If you were a workaholic lobbyist for the Tobacco Industry, and your spouse was a workaholic for "the Organization of Physicians Out to Prevent Emphyzema and Lung Cancer" it might well take an emotional toll on your household, and might well do a number on you children's developing psyches.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 11:11 am

^^^
Excellent point NP,as long as it's neglect in the home it's fair game,that would be a great legal strategy.

People don't talk a lot about affluent neglect.
Workaholic parents who raise there kids with Nannies,then are shoved off to ritzy bording schools in New England when to old for nannies.

Abuse is found everywhere!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 11:37 am

Not just neglect, but the media attention on the family, and the contradictions involved in raising kids to be honest when the parents are working for opposed causes, its all gotta be hard on the kids.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 12:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Not just neglect, but the media attention on the family, and the contradictions involved in raising kids to be honest when the parents are working for opposed causes, its all gotta be hard on the kids.
I'm beginning to see maybe this is sincere,maybe this kid's in a tight spot.