Psychiatrist: Trump Derangement Syndrome is real and serious

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Oct 2019, 11:54 pm

In my opinion America is not an empire. The only places the US actually governs globally are a few islands. The rest of its global involvement is butting into the affairs of other countries.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

23 Oct 2019, 12:11 am

The pattern is well established. The people who perpetrate it do so deliberately for manipulative reasons. The people who fall for it every time need help.

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Oct 2019, 12:14 am

I can't get the video to play :(



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

23 Oct 2019, 12:16 am

EzraS wrote:
I can't get the video to play :(

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1186781140352454657


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,420

23 Oct 2019, 1:39 am

EzraS wrote:
In my opinion America is not an empire.


Tell that to the Alaskans, Panamanians, Hawaiians, filipinos and Guamese.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,420

23 Oct 2019, 1:42 am

Darmok wrote:
The pattern is well established. The people who perpetrate it do so deliberately for manipulative reasons. The people who fall for it every time need help.

Image


1. Trump's approval rating goes down in the poll due to impeachment
2. Trump says something racist
3. White republicans have an orgasm
4. His approval rating goes back up
5. rinse and repeat



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

23 Oct 2019, 1:50 am

Talk about

1. Racism
2. White supremacists
3. Racism
4. White supremacists
5. Rinse and repeat


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,242

23 Oct 2019, 1:52 am

Fnord wrote:
Unfortunately, we’ve been getting the kind of government we deserve for the last 50 years.


The American people don't deserve it. We deserve better, and that's what we're fighting for NOW! Are you going to join up and help us, or are you going to sit and bellyache on the sidelines?


_________________
"You have a responsibility to consider all sides of a problem and a responsibility to make a judgment and a responsibility to care for all involved." --Ian Danskin


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Oct 2019, 2:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
In my opinion America is not an empire.


Tell that to the Alaskans, Panamanians, Hawaiians, filipinos and Guamese.


So you edit out the part where I say except for a few islands and then bring up a couple of islands and a peninsula. As for Alaska, it's part of North America and the Pacific Northwest, so you might as well say tell that to the Californians, Oregonians, Washingtonians and Idahoans.



Last edited by EzraS on 23 Oct 2019, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,420

23 Oct 2019, 2:06 am

beneficii wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Unfortunately, we’ve been getting the kind of government we deserve for the last 50 years.


The American people don't deserve it. We deserve better, and that's what we're fighting for NOW! Are you going to join up and help us, or are you going to sit and bellyache on the sidelines?


All the best luck...it all depends on whom the democrats get to lead them in 2020



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,420

23 Oct 2019, 2:08 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
In my opinion America is not an empire.


Tell that to the Alaskans, Panamanians, Hawaiians, filipinos and Guamese.


So you edit out the part where I say except for a few islands and then bring up a couple of islands and a peninsula. As for Alaska, it's part of North America.


The Alaskan natives were handed over from the Russians to the Americans without so much as a consultation.

The Spanish did the same to the Filipinos, handed them over to the Americans.

The Hawaiians woke up one morning to find the Americans had invaded their kingdom



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Oct 2019, 2:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
The Alaskan natives were handed over from the Russians to the Americans without so much as a consultation.


Which really isn't that much different than several other of the United States that exist within North America.

cyberdad wrote:
The Spanish did the same to the Filipinos, handed them over to the Americans.

The Hawaiians woke up one morning to find the Americans had invaded their kingdom


You are still omitting the fact that I said except for a few islands.

This might come as a surprise to you but as an American I was taught a lot about the history and geography of the United States.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,420

23 Oct 2019, 3:14 am

EzraS wrote:
This might come as a surprise to you but as an American I was taught a lot about the history and geography of the United States.


Would be good if your POTUS was also listening in school
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... erto-rico/

He comes across as ignorant as the toothless blue overall gun toting pick up truck driving republican hordes from the American "heartland"



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Oct 2019, 3:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This might come as a surprise to you but as an American I was taught a lot about the history and geography of the United States.
ignorant as the toothless blue overall gun toting pick up truck driving republican hordes from the American "heartland"


The irony of your bigoted statement is that Australians are steriotyped here as being "UK rednecks" "Ignorant as the toothless blue overall gun toting pick up truck driving" etc. Same country bumpkin hayseed steriotype.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,752
Location: Everville

23 Oct 2019, 4:48 am

It is a thing. But, I liken it to a kid who doesn't get their way. As long as every candidate they like gets voted into the office they are running for, things are fine. Let someone else's candidate win and the cracks in their 'woke' veneers begin to show.

The good thing is that maybe it's term limited, like the POTUS. Until the next time they lose.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Oct 2019, 5:07 am

The way I see it the democrats / liberals felt they were a roll with Obama and put huge emphasis on him being the first black president and wanted badly to continue that roll with the first woman president next.

When Trump started running it was a big joke to them and they figured he wouldn't get very far. Then when he surprisingly won the position of canidate, they probably figured "this is awesome, Clinton will surely win by a landslide". It was in the bag. A done deal.

So naturally when he won many completely flipped out. And have been on a relentless crusade to undo what happened.

There's a daily anti-trump thread here because it seems like some think it will make some kind of impact, even though there are only a handful of people it will reach. And as it gets closer to election time I expect it to increase to a fever pitch.