Left-wing Liberals dumb down speech for minorities (racism)

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

White Liberals Present Themselves as Less Competent in Interactions with African-Americans

Racial bias can put people of color at a disadvantage when interviewing for a job, buying a house, or interacting with the police. New research suggests that bias may also shape daily interactions between racial minorities and white people, even those whites who tend to be less biased.

According to new research by Cydney Dupree, assistant professor of organizational behavior at Yale SOM, white liberals tend to downplay their own verbal competence in exchanges with racial minorities, compared to how other white Americans act in such exchanges. The study is scheduled for publication in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

While many previous studies have examined how people who hold racial bias behave in multi-racial settings, few have studied how whites who are more well-intentioned interact with people of other races. “There’s less work that explores how well-intentioned whites try to get along with racial minorities,” Dupree says. “We wanted to know their strategies for increasing connections between members of different social groups—and how effective these strategies are.”

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... -americans

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 9:41 am

Absolutely. You do have "limousine liberal" types "talking down" to "people of color."

I, myself, a white autistic person, have been 'talked down to" by these sorts of people.

They are not exactly a "model of liberalism" which I would want to emulate.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 9:49 am

I think that it has more to do with the smarmy condescension displayed by over-privileged and educated people who seem to feel superior to everyone, and not just to minorities.

Unfortunately, people in management positions are often accused of "talking down" to their subordinates when they are just trying to speak clearly enough to be understood by everyone. Sometimes, it is nearly impossible to translate the lofty esotericism of upper management into practical terms that the average high-school graduate can understand without seeming to speak like a social worker.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 9:51 am

I must admit I have been put down by many liberal-types myself because I come from a conservative state (even though I myself am not conservative), I eat meat and don't see anything wrong with it, and because I don't embrace atheism (not that I embrace religion either).

When it comes down to it liberals can be just as bad as conservatives but in a different way. They are really two sides of the same dirty coin.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:02 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
I must admit I have been put down by many liberal-types myself because I come from a conservative state (even though I myself am not conservative), I eat meat and don't see anything wrong with it, and because I don't embrace atheism (not that I embrace religion either).

When it comes down to it liberals can be just as bad as conservatives but in a different way. They are really two sides of the same dirty coin.

I'm a liberal and I eat meat, lol liberals certainly are not all vegans....that said there certainly are snarky kind of 'moral warrior' type liberals that are oh so holier than thou. They remind me in a way of the moral warrior conservative christian types.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:05 am

Also we have right wingers who are actual neo nazis and white supremacists(Racism)...so, there's sh*tty people all around.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:51 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also we have right wingers who are actual neo nazis and white supremacists(Racism)...so, there's sh*tty people all around.

Agreed 100% :wtg:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

That is true, I put this out there for the liberals in which you speak of which insist that the left is the 'holy party' which would never try to do any wrong.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 12:12 pm

If you take notice though, yes, the alt-right people are terrible, they aren't accepted by most if not all Trump rally people, I have seen this myself, I have an addiction for watching the rally's and the protests, what stands out like a sore thump is the majority of these left wing liberals are straight up as*holes and often scream profanity at people as well as try to block them, hold objects in their faces, put bull horns up to their faces and ears, I mean damn, they tend to be extremely hateful people, while the Trump supporters are not. It's hypocrisy to insist Trump supporters are the hateful ones when they act like civilized people while the left wing liberals insist they are the group of love and acceptance while they constantly act like the biggest as*holes on the planet and act like straight up spoiled children.(I'm speaking about observing the rallies and protests, and honestly you see the exact same behavior within left wing media and journalism, not all of them, but certainly the majority.)

I mean for real, grown children. You should watch them if you don't believe me. When people just try to talk to them they start cussing, just walking by them they may try to spit on you, I've seen it countless times. They act like spoiled children, even the elder ones, you try to talk to them and they may start making loud noises, kid things like, "ne-ner ne-ner ne-ner", their behavior will really shock you!

Last edited by Crimadella on 29 Mar 2019, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 12:37 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That is true, I put this out there for the liberals in which you speak of which insist that the left is the 'holy party' which would never try to do any wrong.

It is those sort of people who do not hold their politicians accountable.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 12:41 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yes. I truly wish the media and journalists would actually cover more information on the moderate liberals, it would be nice to actually get to hear their ideas, as most of my views are liberal views. Rather they keep putting the more unrealistic and insane people in the spotlight.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 12:56 pm

Crimadella wrote:
If you take notice though, yes, the alt-right people are terrible, they aren't accepted by most if not all Trump rally people, I have seen this myself, I have an addiction for watching the rally's and the protests, what stands out like a sore thump is the majority of these left wing liberals are straight up as*holes and often scream profanity at people as well as try to block them, hold objects in their faces, put bull horns up to their faces and ears, I mean damn, they tend to be extremely hateful people, while the Trump supporters are not. It's hypocrisy to insist Trump supporters are the hateful ones when they act like civilized people while the left wing liberals insist they are the group of love and acceptance while they constantly act like the biggest as*holes on the planet and act like straight up spoiled children.(I'm speaking about observing the rallies and protests, and honestly you see the exact same behavior within left wing media and journalism, not all of them, but certainly the majority.)

I mean for real, grown children. You should watch them if you don't believe me. When people just try to talk to them they start cussing, just walking by them they may try to spit on you, I've seen it countless times. They act like spoiled children, even the elder ones, you try to talk to them and they may start making loud noises, kid things like, "ne-ner ne-ner ne-ner", their behavior will really shock you!

I have seen videos of Trump supporters acting pretty non-civil and horrible themselves. I recall 'f*ck your feelings' was a popular motto of theirs for a while there was tons of rehetoric about the special snowflakes, and how they need their safe spaces in reference to liberals. So I am skeptical Trump supporters are just innocent victims while all the real bad guys are on the liberal side. It could be interesting to check out some of these interactions that have made it online but I suspect I will find plenty of Trump supporters acting like wild animals as well.

And the only protest I have really watched more in depth is that charlottesville one, and I mean even Trump acknowledges there was bad behavior on 'both' sides...even he didn't try to claim it was just the left wing protestors. Also even if all the right wingers there weren't neo-nazis/white supremacists...the protest was organized by Richard Spencer they were still willing to stand side by side with nazis, which doesn't send a very good message. Why didn't the non racist right wing protestors hold a separate protest that didn't include neo-nazis, to show even if they disagree about the statue they still aren't willing to hold hands with nazis. Well...I suspect 'f*ck your feelings'. came into play a little bit. Also the counter protest may have gone better without, the self titled 'anti-fa' getting involved since I don't think they really helped the situation.

I have heard some pretty nasty things come from right wing media and journalism, certainly some on the left to, I have even criticized it. I actually stopped following one liberal page on my facebook because they were posting a lot of toxic kind of stuff, but I think 'most liberal media and journalists' is a stretch.

That said if I was somewhere and saw liberals displaying that kind of behavior, I certainly would not join in...I mean yeah people are really going to want to consider what you have to say after you spit on them and blow a loud blow horn in their face and make noises at them... :roll: I mean the constitution does say 'peaceful protest' is protected so probably best not to escalate a protest into chaos because then that's when the police come in.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 29 Mar 2019, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 1:13 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yes. I truly wish the media and journalists would actually cover more information on the moderate liberals, it would be nice to actually get to hear their ideas, as most of my views are liberal views. Rather they keep putting the more unrealistic and insane people in the spotlight.

It is true they like to report on a lot of extremes, and I also think it makes things seem even more daunting and tense then it really is. Another thing that bothers me is all this focus on that russia investigation, which has not found solid enough proof of Trump having any russia involvement in the election. He's been waiving environmental regulations, trying to weaken environmental regulations that actually protect us...like he even wants relax laws that prevent coal facilities releasing mercury into the air.

He should have been being investigated for allowing the oil and coal industry to get to much say in environmental policy at the expense of the health of american citizens. I mean what qualifications do former coal lobbyists have to head the EPA? Certainly seems like there must be some corruption involved in Trumps environmental policy. At this point I could care less whether he did or didn't collude with russia, I just want him to stop harming the environment and national parks that I'd like to be able to enjoy someday without oil rigs blocking the view.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 1:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

I have seen videos of Trump supporters acting pretty non-civil and horrible themselves. I recall 'f*ck your feelings' was a popular motto of theirs for a while there was tons of rehetoric about the special snowflakes, and how they need their safe spaces in reference to liberals. So I am skeptical Trump supporters are just innocent victims while all the real bad guys are on the liberal side. It could be interesting to check out some of these interactions that have made it online but I suspect I will find plenty of Trump supporters acting like wild animals as well.

And the only protest I have really watched more in depth is that charlottesville one, and I mean even Trump acknowledges there was bad behavior on 'both' sides...even he didn't try to claim it was just the left wing protestors. Also even if all the right wingers there weren't neo-nazis/white supremacists...the protest was organized by Richard Spencer they were still willing to stand side by side with nazis, which doesn't send a very good message. Why didn't the non racist right wing protestors hold a separate protest that didn't include neo-nazis, to show even if they disagree about the statue they still aren't willing to hold hands with nazis. Well...I suspect 'f*ck your feelings'. came into play a little bit. Also the counter protest may have gone better without, the self titled 'anti-fa' getting involved since I don't think they really helped the situation.

I have heard some pretty nasty things come from right wing media and journalism, certainly some on the left to, I have even criticized it. I actually stopped following one liberal page on my facebook because they were posting a lot of toxic kind of stuff, but I think 'most liberal media and journalists' is a stretch.

That said if I was somewhere and saw liberals displaying that kind of behavior, I certainly would not join in...I mean yeah people are really going to want to consider what you have to say after you spit on them and blow a loud blow horn in their face and make noises at them... :roll: I mean the constitution does say 'peaceful protest' is protected so probably best not to escalate a protest into chaos because then that's when the police come in.

Yea, I wasn't talking about the rallies held up by white nationalists, I was referring to all the other rallies like the free speech rallies and others. I was saying mostly, not insisting that the Trump supporters always act civil, how it normally goes though is the antifa's and people with them typically start the name calling and physical attacks. Of course as people got use to this behavior they started responding to it with more harshly. I mean, how much will you just sit back and let someone try to block your walking path, steal your phone or flag, call you a nazi and spit on you or actually hit you? People have more patience than I do, just trying to block me from walking isn't going to turn out so well.

Also though, in these free speech rallies, the supposed Trump supporters aren't even all Trump supporters, liberals believe in free speech also, they rallies with the Trump supporters for free speech and get attacked and called nazi's also. The left wing media has been saying otherwise, that's why I actually watch the footage rather than a CNN report on it. My favorite journalist, Tim Pool, has made many reports on this also, exposing how media is lying. He is critical of the Trump supporters also, but it's easy to see that the people who side up with antifa are the true trouble makers in 90% of the cases. Tim Pool is left wing also, he claims to be a progressive and dosen't like a lot of Trump's policies, but he also admits that while Trump says controversial things sometimes, he isn't being racist and exposes how the left is taking his words out of context. Tim Pool is awesome in my opinion, I like his work and he really does a good job at reporting rather than picking a side to glorify them. He let's you know when the left stretches the truth and when the right stretches the Truth. You should check him out on youtube, (Tim pool), (timcast) and (subverse) are his three channels. He is a very respected journalist and has won awards, he has worked with a lot of media outlets in the past also, now he split off to do his own thing, you can look him up on Wikipedia also, to see he is no phony. For the moment, he is the only journalist I truly trust, he let's you know what portions are the factual information and which portions are his opinion. He does a great job and makes about 5 12 min videos a day (workahollic)

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 12:11 pm

Just some more left wing racism...

"WOKE" Leftists Go FULL Racist, Argue AGAINST Inter Racial Dating

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 12:58 am

That guy in the ski cap in the OP, again? Isn't he some sort of drop out or something?