Bernie Sanders: No White people are poor!

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 8:56 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Yea, I don't really buy into Michael Moore, he is a real nut job.

He's entertainerning and I was putting a spin on his famous saying

Crimadella wrote:
you do not raise your kids right, it's going to be difficult for them to turn their life around when they grow older. If all parents in bad neighborhoods just started watching their children and raising them right, a lot of the issues would start to fade out.

I think we can agree that problems start at home.

Crimadella wrote:
Morgan Freeman was born in a bad poverty neighborhood, hetc was raised right and aimed for success, and he isn't the only one. What I'm saying is, continuing to not raise your children right and complaining is not going to solve anything.

Yep this argument has been also been used in Australia, why don't aborigines work hard like refugees/migrants who came from poverty and within one generation kids are all in college and parents live in a double story house with Mercedes in the driveway. There are certainly success stories but not everyone is going to be an A-list actor like Morgan Freeman. The majority have to compete for regular jobs.

Crimadella wrote:
actually the cure, not just for blacks but for all people in poverty. We need programs to educate people on parenting, teaching your kids to be over achievers in school so they grow up to be successful. It's a cycle of slack parenting and getting pregnant too early and being a single parent, basically people need to be taught the art of responsibility, even white in poverty, they are spreading also, with yet again, crapy culture and horrible parenting skills. Teaching kids they will not be successful because of their skin color is what continues the cycle, you are basically teaching your kids to not be successful.

I think you are on the right track in terms of education but it takes two to tango and until social stigma carried by white Americans starts to reduce, social and institutional racism will remain a problem and the cycle will continue,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:59 am

A good explanation of why poor blacks are worse off than poor whites
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ans ... 25f9fdea0d
the Economic Policy Institute’s Richard Rothstein, who notes—correctly—that “black families and their children suffer from compounded and inherited disadvantages that are unique, not like those of white or immigrant families who happen to be from lower social classes or who happen to live in low-income neighborhoods.”

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 5:15 am

This is starting to sound like another word redefinition project. Sort of like the whole "racism against whites isn't racism, it's just prejudice based on race" malarkey; Whites who live in poverty don't know what it's like to be poor, only blacks do because reasons.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:05 am

There is no difference in the poverty whites, nor any other race experience, there is no positive spin on extreme poverty. There are lots of white people whom live on the street and eat out of garbage cans, they don't magically have it better than blacks because they are white, that's just nonsense and you don't want to admit it pretty much because Bernie is a leftist so nothing he says can be wrong in the eyes of a hard leftist. A lot of blacks tend to also say that the problem within black poverty areas is the parents teaching them they do not need to learn because the system hates black people, which is 100% incorrect. Sure, whites used to have slaves, and other whites help free them. I picked Morgan Freeman because he is someone everyone knows, you don't have to be an actor, there are tons of blacks who made it out of these neighborhoods by simply doing there school work and trying.I even know some that I went to school with at the worst public school in georgia, he was raised in the projects, Tavares Veal, and he is a very successful business man now. Being black didn't hold him back, he is more successful than my mom.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 5:16 pm

I guess at the end of the day Bernie Sander's choice of words was poor.

Despite that, I understand what he was trying to say and he doesn't deserve to be crucified

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 5:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I guess at the end of the day Bernie Sander's choice of words was poor.

Despite that, I understand what he was trying to say and he doesn't deserve to be crucified

You have zero argument from me on that point.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 6:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Prolly cos we are soft lefties :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 6:23 pm

No white poverty?My county is mostly white and one of the poorest in the state.
I’d still vote for Bernie,it’s hard to be in the public eye and not say something stupid.We all have our dumbass moments.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 6:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
No white poverty?My county is mostly white and one of the poorest in the state.
I’d still vote for Bernie,it’s hard to be in the public eye and not say something stupid.We all have our dumbass moments.

:D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 8:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Prolly cos we are soft lefties :lol:

I KNEW IT!! ! :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 11:53 pm

So a disabled homeless white man is better off then a billionaire black man, got it. Lol

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 2:18 am

sly279 wrote:
So a disabled homeless white man is better off then a billionaire black man, got it. Lol

I saw an interview with black TV celebrity Steve Harvey where he told the interviewer he grew up in poverty "in the hood" but once he became successful and rich he could not possibly bring his old "hood buddies" with him into the world he moved in as he no longer held the same values anymore or was willing to to financially help out every family member asking for a handout . Comedian Dave Chappelle also recounted an almost identical experience. I suspect you will get similar stories from any number of wealthy black men.

For the poor black people left behind they remain part of the poor black community. Having a couple of billionaires doesn't mean the whole community is uplifted.