Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:37 am

A new round of terror attacks were planned for Europe and the Middle East.

ISIS has tasked one of its terror bosses with moving militants out of Syria and into Europe, newly procured documents show.

Newly obtained documents by The Sunday Times show ISIS has a member tasked with “bringing in migrants and taking out brothers who have been given jobs" as a way to move fighters and money from Syria through Turkey into Europe.

The documents were obtained by the paper after being found on a hard drive dropped by members of an ISIS cell during a battle near the group's tiny remaining stronghold in Syria earlier this year.

In a bid to stay relevant, the terror group -- which recently lost nearly all of its self-proclaimed "caliphate" in Iraq and Syria -- is planning to launch a fresh wave of attacks in Europe and the Middle East inspired by past atrocities: the 2015 Paris attacks that killed 130 people and 2017 truck attack in New York City that left eight dead.

Among the documents on the hard drive is a letter signed by six ISIS leaders and addressed to 47-year-old leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, which lays out the group's new strategy of operations involving bank robberies, vehicle rammings, assassinations and computer hacking.

Operations around the world are to be directed by an ISIS member named Abu Khabab al-Muhajir, who controls two terror cells in Germany and one in Russia. Initial goals of the terror cells are to steal money to fund the group, the papers say.

Two operations that were to take place 10 to 20 days after the initial letter was sent included targeting a high-speed train in Germany and an oil pipeline in a petroleum refinery near the Swiss city of Base to cause "economic disaster."

Source: ISIS member tasked with 'bringing in migrants,' newly obtained terror group documents show

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 11:04 am

So is ISIS or right-wing extremism the more serious threat?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 11:28 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

In terms of what?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 12:35 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

In terms of what?

In terms of brutality, their overall goals, death tolls of their attacks, et al.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:31 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

[As of July 2016] Since declaring its caliphate in June 2014, the self-proclaimed Islamic State has conducted or inspired more than 140 terrorist attacks in 29 countries other than Iraq and Syria, where its carnage has taken a much deadlier toll. Those attacks have killed at least 2,043 people and injured thousands more.
Source: ISIS goes global: 143 attacks in 29 countries have killed 2,043

[As of March 2019] ISIS is known for killing dozens of people at a time and carrying out public executions, crucifixions and other acts.
In 2015, ISIS was believed to be holding 3,500 people as slaves, according to a United Nations report. Most of the enslaved were women and children from the Yazidi community, but some were from other ethnic and religious minority communities.
Source: ISIS Fast Facts

There are tens of thousands of Iraqi children who lost their parents under the brutality of the Islamic State and the prolonged battles to wrest Iraqi territory from its rule.
Source: Iraq’s Forgotten Casualties: Children Orphaned in Battle With ISIS

Millions were driven from their home by the brutality of this regime and became refugees.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

In terms of what?

In terms of brutality, their overall goals, death tolls of their attacks, et al.

ISIS is Islamic right wing terrorism.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:05 am

cberg wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

In terms of what?

ISIS is Islamic right wing terrorism.

I meant white-nationalist, anti-government, Trump-worshippers.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:22 am

ISIS decapitates people with chainsaws, throw gays off of buildings, put people in cages and set them on fire and drive trucks into crowds of civilians. What do Trump-supporters do that even remotely compares in terms of sadism?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:28 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
What do Trump-supporters do that even remotely compares in terms of sadism?

Here's one of the MAGA boys in action
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/29/us/c ... index.html

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:34 am

Predictable response, and I doubt many Trump-supporters applaud his actions. Nothing about Charlottesville comes close to the gleeful cruelty exhibited by organizations like ISIS.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 4:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

And that one incident equals decapitating people with chainsaws, throwing gays off of buildings, putting people in cages and setting them on fire, multiple times driving trucks into crowds of civilians, suicide bombers blowing up marketplaces and flying airplanes into buildings? Do you really think that?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 5:08 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Predictable response, and I doubt many Trump-supporters applaud his actions. Nothing about Charlottesville comes close to the gleeful cruelty exhibited by organizations like ISIS.

Well you did say that nothing they do comes remotely close
In your list you included driving a vehicle into a crowd of innocent people
I think this qualifies

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 5:11 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

And that one incident equals decapitating people with chainsaws, throwing gays off of buildings, putting people in cages and setting them on fire, multiple times driving trucks into crowds of civilians, suicide bombers blowing up marketplaces and flying airplanes into buildings? Do you really think that?

Well plenty of eminently educated people seem to think the MAGA mantra inspires white supremacy
https://newsone.com/3795171/trump-mass- ... spiration/

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 6:31 am

Forgive me if I don't consider your selection of sources very credible, recent events considered.

And when you show me a disseminated document from the Trump administration suggesting the use of vehicular homicide as an excellent way to further their agenda (as ISIS have done) you maye have the ghost of a point.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:51 pm

I wish that groups like ISIS didn't have to exist. The world would be a much more peaceful place.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 6:03 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Forgive me if I don't consider your selection of sources very credible, recent events considered.

And when you show me a disseminated document from the Trump administration suggesting the use of vehicular homicide as an excellent way to further their agenda (as ISIS have done) you maye have the ghost of a point.

What source, the mainstream news?

The mass shooter Brandon Tarrant (who shot 50 people in cold blood) is on the record of saying he was inspired by Donald Trump. Psychologists document exactly how irresponsible statements from Trump inspire psychopaths to kill not really unlike the ISIS nutjobs who are inspired by other irresponsible leaders to go out and kill.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog ... nz-shooter

Again science seems more believable than opinions of people trying to defend trump's legacy

Elliot Roger and a number of teenage shooters in the US are being fed propaganda by the alt-right
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

Where the president creates a safe space for the right wing propaganda to flourish then he needs to take at least some responsibility for contributing to it.