Full Mueller Report Will Be Made Public

Page 1 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 5:49 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/mueller-s-report-russia-trump-be-made-public-thursday-n994571

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 5:56 pm

Headline above is inaccurate. There will be substantial redactions, which means full report is NOT being made public. (at this time)

Vila
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2019, 12:26 am

More liberal hysterical hypocrisy. Its against the law reveal classified information. You guys only want to follow the law when its politically expedient. You're so desperate to beat Trump, you'll stop at literally nothing to do it. Do you guys know what McCarthyism is?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 12:28 am

Vila wrote:
More liberal hysterical hypocrisy. Its against the law reveal classified information. You guys only want to follow the law when its politically expedient. You're so desperate to beat Trump, you'll stop at literally nothing to do it. Do you guys know what McCarthyism is?

So you don't want to know what the report says?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:33 am

When people were asking for some kind of tangible evedence of collusion, they kept being told the investigation needed to be kept hush hush in the interest of national security. Now those same people who were insisting on the need for secrecy are demanding that every bit of it be made public.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 11:28 am

Tomorrow is the big day.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 4:55 pm

As I recall, Ken Star's investigation into White Water - which came up with a semen stained dress - was released in full, much to the glee of Republicans. Now that the shoe is in the other foot, the GOP wants redactions, if not out-and-out suppression.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As I recall, Ken Star's investigation into White Water - which came up with a semen stained dress - was released in full, much to the glee of Republicans. Now that the shoe is in the other foot, the GOP wants redactions, if not out-and-out suppression.

Please know that redactions include grand jury testimony. I don't believe a grand jury was convened in the Starr investigation of Clinton's sexual exploits in the Oval Office. Apples and oranges.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:17 pm

Magna wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Please know that redactions include grand jury testimony. I don't believe a grand jury was convened in the Starr investigation of Clinton's sexual exploits in the Oval Office. Apples and oranges.

This is quite a different situation. All that was under consideration in the Clinton hearings was whether, under oath, he lied about having "sex with that woman." In this case, national security and the integrity of our democracy are at play. Also the "grand jury" aspect changes things.

I'm neither far left nor far right on what should be revealed from the Mueller report. I expect a few redactions even in the "final" version. But the basis of these ought to be protection of sources or national security. And multiple page complete blackouts are not acceptable.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:52 pm

I think this will never end while Trump is in office. And I think it's done and doing more harm to the Democrats than to Trump. Which I don't think is a good thing. And I think it's just going to get worse as they continue flogging a dead horse with future investigations.

ApricitiousRory
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2019, 9:07 pm

An investigation (led by a Republican, btw) that led to the indictment, conviction or guilty pleas from 34 people and 3 companies is hardly an example of a dead horse. Plus there are the sealed indictments according to multiple reports, that are likely to be unsealed over the coming months. The state level cases are certainly not going away.

Let's be clear about one thing that's been reported widely - it's been confirmed that Russians did interfere in our elections in 2016. Whether there was a provable conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian oligarchs tied to Putin remains to be seen. Perhaps there wasn't, perhaps there was - but the citizens of the USA deserve to know either way.

That confirmed interference in our elections is clearly a hostile act by a foreign power. There have also clearly been, at a minimum, attempts by Trump and his administration to obstruct the investigation. Whether that rises to the level of provable obstruction of justice also remains to be seen. To simply drop the matter would be a dereliction of duty on Congress' part, regardless of which party controls either or both chambers.

I think it will also be interesting to see what info the cooperation from Deutsche Bank will yield. Time will tell.

AQ score: 36
Diagnosed May 2021: ASD Level 1, requiring support; and also Unspecified Anxiety Disorder

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:50 pm

That same stuff has been said for years now and it's gone nowhere. So yeah, I think it's a dead horse. I think they need to start putting all of their focus on winning the next election rather than wasting energy on more backfire flop investigations and hearings. Look at the first thing they came up with after the Mueller nothing burger; the Michael Cohen hearing, which of course was a comical flop. I think it's helping rather than hurting Trump's chance of being reelected.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 3:48 am

I have repeatedly said I have no idea whether Trump and co did anything wrong but the investigation should always have just been left to run its course and findings published. Most people believe in transparency, so just let the report come out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 4:27 am

Biscuitman wrote:
I have repeatedly said I have no idea whether Trump and co did anything wrong but the investigation should always have just been left to run its course and findings published. Most people believe in transparency, so just let the report come out.

I think Trump's obstructions speak volumes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 4:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

What obstructions?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 4:45 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

What obstructions?

His refusal to show the notes his translator made when he met with Putin.
All the convenient redactions.
His refusal to let anyone see his tax returns.
And yes, this all has connection to the Mueller Report.