MAGA Teen stands to make a Billion dollars

Page 10 of 16 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:04 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
A “MAGA hat”-wearing teen involved in a viral stand-off with a Native American activist is suing multiple media organisations for defamation in claims now exceeding $1 billion.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... e6c8ec8c82
So who said being a racist bigot doesn't pay!

Unless you have proof of him "being a racist bigot", I believe he can now sue you for libel.

He can sue the owner of this website too for hosting defamatory content.

I have seen the mods on this site remove defamatory content (personal attacks) towards the actor "Mel Gibson" before. Mods previously declared "no personal attacks allowed" (including public figures). Somehow these personal attacks are OK.

...That's this site's own rules.
Mel's problems heavily came because of his anti-Jewish comments - Many people might have been turned off just by those mlibels gaining extended exposure with a discussion of Mel.
I am not aware of Gibson suing either " legit " news sources (NY Times, Chicago Tribune, et al) or the " less respected " gossip/celebrity sites (the Enquirer, TMZ, et al) that reported on them

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
cberg wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
A “MAGA hat”-wearing teen involved in a viral stand-off with a Native American activist is suing multiple media organisations for defamation in claims now exceeding $1 billion.

Unless you have proof of him "being a racist bigot", I believe he can now sue you for libel.

He will lose.

I didn't say he would win or not, I said I believe he could. The moral of my statement being, don't make accusations that can't be backed up.

No accusation - this is just the most absurd idea of a 'fair' legal settlement considering freedom of the press.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:23 pm

cberg wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cberg wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He will lose.

I didn't say he would win or not, I said I believe he could. The moral of my statement being, don't make accusations that can't be backed up.

No accusation - this is just the most absurd idea of a 'fair' legal settlement considering freedom of the press.

Cyberdad is a member of the press?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:24 pm

...Afain, the people who made these calls messages are the ones responsible for it!! !! !! !! !! ! Why doesn't the lawyer go after THEM? THEY did it!! !! !! !! !! ! If this is about a " GET people who were mean to DJT " concept...Most of those callers/messagers were presumably anti-Trump, anyhow!! !! !! !! :lol: :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:38 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Afain, the people who made these calls messages are the ones responsible for it!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Why doesn't the lawyer go after THEM? THEY did it!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! If this is about a " GET people who were mean to DJT " concept...Most of those callers/messagers were presumably anti-Trump, anyhow!! ! ! ! ! ! ! :lol: :wink:

What prompted the calls and messages? What set them off?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 12:08 am

...THAT THE MESSAGE-SENDERS WERE STUPID.THAT'S WHAT SET THEM OFF!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! ?BRW, are you as incli ed to give such people a break 100% when it's a right-wing snit fit, not the left-wing one that this was :twisted: ? Hmmmnm :wink: ?)
Please show me where the three targets said " He.'s a racist bigot " or. Let's slap him"? Hm :lol:? The. ain text/ programmi g, not their comments we tion or somebody's s
I think the Rolling Stones e case stage was referenced was different, but I'll have to look it up.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:02 am

ASS-P wrote:
...THAT THE MESSAGE-SENDERS WERE STUPID.THAT'S WHAT SET THEM OFF!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ?BRW, are you as incli ed to give such people a break 100% when it's a right-wing snit fit, not the left-wing one that this was :twisted: ? Hmmmnm :wink: ?)
Please show me where the three targets said " He.'s a racist bigot " or. Let's slap him"? Hm :lol:? The. ain text/ programmi g, not their comments we tion or somebody's s
I think the Rolling Stones e case stage was referenced was different, but I'll have to look it up.

I'm unable to decipher that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:25 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
I have seen the mods on this site remove defamatory content (personal attacks) towards the actor "Mel Gibson" before. Mods previously declared "no personal attacks allowed" (including public figures). Somehow these personal attacks are OK.

And this is exactly why Sandmann's defamation case is worrysome if they think are in a position to litigate and sue any platform that hosts commentary they deem defamatory.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:29 am

SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Because you are calling a person a "racist bigot" for no reason. You've been asked to give a illegitimate reason multiple times and you keep deflecting.

@Cyberdad just admit you were wrong and that you can find no evidence that he is a racist bigot and you just believed the hype , it's no biggie. in fact I think people ( I would at least ) would respect you more if you did rather than deflecting like a politician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYmb_IkHU0

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

And this is exactly why Sandmann's defamation case is worrysome if they think are in a position to litigate and sue any platform that hosts commentary they deem defamatory.

That position already exists. Lots of newspapers, media outlets, news shows etc have been sued for defamation, libel and slander.

There's movie called Absence of Malice which deals with that.

Quote:
Absence of Malice is an ethical and moral term used to describe the decision a journalist must make about whether or not to write and print a newspaper story that may or may not ultimately prove to be true and that may or may not damage an individual's reputation.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081974/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It seems Nick Sandmann's reputation was damaged, with people like you calling him a "racist bigot" etc without being able to give just cause for doing so.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:53 am

At worst Bezos will issue a retraction or apology...that's it...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
At worst Bezos will issue a retraction or apology...that's it...

The damage has already been done. It's compensation time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 2:55 am

we'll see

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:00 am

Perhaps you might be able to put aside what seems to be abject hatred for the kid and consider the potential ramifications of people thinking of him as a "racist bigot" etc might have on his future such as finding employment.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:17 am

I want to see Australian style punishment for Sandmann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4mwy9OBNA

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
I want to see Australian style punishment for Sandmann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4mwy9OBNA

I figured you shouldn't be taken seriously quite a while ago.