Assange charged under the Espionage Act

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2019, 7:40 pm

This sets a terrible precedent for press freedom.

Funny enough, I don't really hear the MSM complaining though.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2019, 12:31 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Where's the outrage from liberals about Trump doing this to a journalist? Especially after the hysteria when he cut the mic from some idiotic CNN 'journalist'. And where is the outrage from those who claim to care about American values? The Trump regime is spitting on the Constitution and no one cares.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/us/p ... tment.html

Trump seems ungrateful given Assange and the Russians did him such big favors.

BTW Assange isn't technically a journalist which is why the yanks are not giving first ammendment protections...everyone being sneaky and underhanded but at the end of the day Assange has dug his own grave and helped with the funeral arrangements

Trump is just a puppet of the real crooks.

Yes, Assange is the definition of a journalist despite what ABC says. He published information. It is beyond incredible that ABC are brainwashing viewers to hate real journalists.

John: As usual you have the most incisive mind on the news and politics boards. Keep up the great work!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 2:13 am

Yeah great work John

Not going to be much help to Julian though

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 3:48 am

Yeah seriously, someone come up with a post that will help Julian.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 4:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yeah great work John

The person that should be helping is your coward President. Australia is showing its just a bi**h of the US. Pathetic.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 4:49 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Yeah great work John

The person that should be helping is your coward President. Australia is showing its just a bi**h of the US. Pathetic.

Prime minister? you mean Sco Mo? he's a p**** on international affairs..

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 11:07 am

Prime Minister yes. And any journalist or politician in your country that isn't supporting Assange.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2019, 8:23 pm

Tulsi Gabbard has as you probably know John. And I'm certain Ilhan Omar would agree w/her even if she hasn't yet said anything b/c she isn't afraid to take on any foreign policy issue. Bernie however who would be the biggest voice you'd hope would say something I'm not aware of him saying anything about Assange so far which is pretty weak and sad. And the rest of the democrats have basically been silent. I don't expect much from the MSM either b/c their interests lie in getting everything vetted by the administration whichever party's in the white house. Even though they too should be scared b/c this can and will be used against any journalist though the small independent media first of course.

Depending on when there's another UK election I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money that a Corbyn government would never extradite him no matter the pressure the US puts on the UK and I do think they're gonna win the next election in a rout. The problem is the Tories don't give a f**k and who knows how long their sorry asses will stay in power.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 12:15 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Prime Minister yes. And any journalist or politician in your country that isn't supporting Assange.

John you probably know very well that Australia like the UK and USA governments are all under the jurisdiction of the national security state which was established during the 1950s and strengthened following 9-11

The debate over whether Assange, Snowden or Chelsea Manning should be free to roam where ever they want is irrelevant as they have been deemed a security risk. I suspect the only reason they are alive is because they blew a whistle to indicate their involvement in releasing secret emails/files.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:38 am

breaks0 wrote:
Tulsi Gabbard has as you probably know John. And I'm certain Ilhan Omar would agree w/her even if she hasn't yet said anything b/c she isn't afraid to take on any foreign policy issue. Bernie however who would be the biggest voice you'd hope would say something I'm not aware of him saying anything about Assange so far which is pretty weak and sad. And the rest of the democrats have basically been silent. I don't expect much from the MSM either b/c their interests lie in getting everything vetted by the administration whichever party's in the white house. Even though they too should be scared b/c this can and will be used against any journalist though the small independent media first of course.

Depending on when there's another UK election I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money that a Corbyn government would never extradite him no matter the pressure the US puts on the UK and I do think they're gonna win the next election in a rout. The problem is the Tories don't give a f**k and who knows how long their sorry asses will stay in power.

Corbyn is a spineless wimp.

And Sanders-

https://www.ancreport.com/report/bernie ... iterate-2/

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

John you probably know very well that Australia like the UK and USA governments are all under the jurisdiction of the national security state which was established during the 1950s and strengthened following 9-11

The debate over whether Assange, Snowden or Chelsea Manning should be free to roam where ever they want is irrelevant as they have been deemed a security risk. I suspect the only reason they are alive is because they blew a whistle to indicate their involvement in releasing secret emails/files.

See you know all that but you just accept the tyranny.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 1:48 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

See you know all that but you just accept the tyranny.

You've heard of the "long arm of the law" well same applies with publicly fighting the national security state apparatus. For example public ridicule of Putin in the UK and you are likely to have Novichok on your next order of take-away pizza.

Frankly it's not worth it.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 11:32 am

It was not Novichok. And it wasn't ordered by the Russian government.

I appreciate your honesty.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 6:48 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

Quote:
“In 20 years of work with victims of war, violence and political persecution, I have never seen a group of democratic states ganging up to deliberately isolate, demonise and abuse a single individual for such a long time and with so little regard for human dignity and the rule of law,” Melzer said in a statement released Friday.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:57 pm

They are acting like Nazis.

Now Assange is seriously ill.