Catholic Priest Claims Children On The Spectrum Are Animals

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,260
Location: Sweden

12 Jun 2019, 3:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
John 9:1-3 (NIV)

[1] Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth,

[2] and His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

[3] Jesus answered, "
Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him..."


There's a joke about Braille in there, somewhere...

And on autistic children being animals; what then are non-autistic children? Fungi?


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,416
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

12 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm

Priests look a lot like monkeys when they're dressed in their religious garb.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Jun 2019, 4:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I’ve often thought that various religions should have higher standards for religious leaders as far as education goes. Having some background in science, psychology, history, and philosophy wouldn’t hurt.
The Presbyterian pastors that I've met have undergraduate degrees in Humanities, Liberal Arts or STEM. All are required to have earned a Masters' Degree as well. They don't ordain just any shmoe off the street who claims to have been called by God.


Same with the Lutheran ministers I've known. My pastor was educated for at least six years.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 1 Jun 2019
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 603

12 Jun 2019, 5:53 pm

Another autistic Catholic here. The guy's an idiot.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
John 9:1-3 (NIV)

[1] Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth,

[2] and His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

[3] Jesus answered, "
Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him..."

It seems to me that if God created us to be "on the spectrum", it was not because our parents sinned, but because He wanted His works to be displayed in us, in spite of us being "on the spectrum"!

Sounds nice, but why would he create sociopaths, narcissists, and psychopaths?
I dunno ... why don't you ask Him?


I already know why. :) When 'The Creator' created this world he abandoned it and allowed the corrupt nature of humanity to take over.

Or he simply does not exist and people are just born that way without any deliberate reason.

Every forest has its deer and its wolves. Sociopaths, Narcissists, and Psychopaths are definetly our wolves.




I don't believe that. Why then would physically disabled people be created?

They say that evil is the absence of good, and that when mankind sinned therefore evil entered the world. It's a sort of family inheritance. I'd put more but that's in reference books in the back of the house and I'm posting from the family living room computer and any more attention-getting behavior is going to make people think I'm even more cuckoo.

The one who makes the most sense here is Fnord. Also, Fnord--about any schmoe off the street who claims to be called by God--I don't think ordaining people like that as clergy is a good idea either. I went to train to be a Catholic priest once. I got on the honor roll but did so badly socially that they discovered I was autistic...maybe it's good I'm not there. We were expected to have a degree in Philosophy & Letters, and then a degree in Theology, when finished. Two Four Year Degrees...plus whatever else the bishop decided we must learn.

Then again, this guy is in India. Things may be different there regarding education.

Cockneyrebel: whether they look like monkeys or not has no bearing on the issue. I haven't much regard for the 1970s Mod culture you seem to like, just as you might not approve of my 1890s-1930s inspired wardrobe, but we can agree on plenty. Appearance is nothing really. I just think it's cool they've been wearing the same clothes for the last 1000 years. How often does the laundry get done? :D


As an aside--could the reason people go to these guys for advice on marriage, childraising, whatever, be that they are respected in local communities? I mean--let's not be so specific here. Sounds like talk radio--"If you ain't a gun-totin' knuckle draggin' republican we don't wanna listen to you roun' here because Amuricuh!" I mean, people listen to them because in many cases they are RIGHT. Unfortunately, the paedos and the morons make the news...Same with politics and mass media entertainment, if you have been watching.

I get a little annoyed when people say that the truth is only valued based on who's telling it. Notice that the ancient Hebrews were a tribe of veritable savages whom God, in the Mosaic law, had to tell in full detail how to take a s--t in the desert (yes, there is a quote detailing the little trowel they must carry, for...Leave No Trace backpacking, I guess?) Anyway, these people ended up being the glorious race of Jews. Which is way cool. I think there's a common motif in Christianity of using the least valued people to make the greatest impact for good. Which is nice. The alternative, though, isn't very rational. Truth is truth no matter who is telling it.

(steps off soap box, disappears into library basement to avoid crowd)



TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,932
Location: Um...

12 Jun 2019, 6:00 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Another autistic Catholic here. The guy's an idiot.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
John 9:1-3 (NIV)

[1] Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth,

[2] and His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

[3] Jesus answered, "
Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him..."

It seems to me that if God created us to be "on the spectrum", it was not because our parents sinned, but because He wanted His works to be displayed in us, in spite of us being "on the spectrum"!

Sounds nice, but why would he create sociopaths, narcissists, and psychopaths?
I dunno ... why don't you ask Him?


I already know why. :) When 'The Creator' created this world he abandoned it and allowed the corrupt nature of humanity to take over.

Or he simply does not exist and people are just born that way without any deliberate reason.

Every forest has its deer and its wolves. Sociopaths, Narcissists, and Psychopaths are definetly our wolves.




I don't believe that. Why then would physically disabled people be created?

They say that evil is the absence of good, and that when mankind sinned therefore evil entered the world. It's a sort of family inheritance. I'd put more but that's in reference books in the back of the house and I'm posting from the family living room computer and any more attention-getting behavior is going to make people think I'm even more cuckoo.


Maybe he created them because he's not the loving and merciful god every Christian thinks he is? Or he simply does not exist and these conditions are merely an accident of nature?


_________________
The Hearts teach us to feel pleasure and pain.
The Diamonds teach us to enjoy that we gain.
The Clubs teach us to work the goals we aim.
The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.


TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,932
Location: Um...

12 Jun 2019, 6:13 pm

God creates a lot of things in my opinion that makes no sense.

Like why would he create homosexuals like me and then say we are abominations that deserve to be put to death?

And do NOT tell me that "being gay is a 'choice'!"

Or that "The bible does not condemn homosexuals!"


_________________
The Hearts teach us to feel pleasure and pain.
The Diamonds teach us to enjoy that we gain.
The Clubs teach us to work the goals we aim.
The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,857
Location: Stendec

12 Jun 2019, 6:39 pm

Heck, I'm still trying to figure why He made the platypus...


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,932
Location: Um...

12 Jun 2019, 6:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Heck, I'm still trying to figure why He made the platypus...

Maybe that one was really an alien experiment? :alien:


_________________
The Hearts teach us to feel pleasure and pain.
The Diamonds teach us to enjoy that we gain.
The Clubs teach us to work the goals we aim.
The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.


Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2018
Age: 1935
Gender: Male
Posts: 139
Location: Brazil

12 Jun 2019, 8:07 pm

When a member of the world's largest paedophile network says something like that, I can only laugh.


_________________
More Human Than Human.


TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,932
Location: Um...

12 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm

Lone Replicant wrote:
When a member of the world's largest paedophile network says something like that, I can only laugh.

Yeah people love to hate on Catholics for being pedophiles. Meanwhile in the land of Protestants...


https://www-pbs-org.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... t-churches


_________________
The Hearts teach us to feel pleasure and pain.
The Diamonds teach us to enjoy that we gain.
The Clubs teach us to work the goals we aim.
The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.


Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2018
Age: 1935
Gender: Male
Posts: 139
Location: Brazil

12 Jun 2019, 8:19 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Lone Replicant wrote:
When a member of the world's largest paedophile network says something like that, I can only laugh.

Yeah people love to hate on Catholics for being pedophiles. Meanwhile in the land of Protestants...


https://www-pbs-org.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... t-churches

Protestants in my country are worse than Catholics. They look like termites eating all the social wood.


_________________
More Human Than Human.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,414
Location: In a cuckoo clock

12 Jun 2019, 8:19 pm

Good. I'd rather be a non-human animal than a human. Human beings suck. If it's okay to be transgender, then it's okay to be transpecies.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Jun 2019, 8:30 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Lone Replicant wrote:
When a member of the world's largest paedophile network says something like that, I can only laugh.

Yeah people love to hate on Catholics for being pedophiles. Meanwhile in the land of Protestants...


https://www-pbs-org.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... t-churches


I'm a Lutheran, and I can tell you, we feeler closer to Catholicism than to Baptists and other evangelicals. There's a huge difference between evangelicals and Mainline Protestants like Lutherans.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,932
Location: Um...

12 Jun 2019, 8:35 pm

I used to attend sunday school in a Southern Baptist Church. :P

Image


_________________
The Hearts teach us to feel pleasure and pain.
The Diamonds teach us to enjoy that we gain.
The Clubs teach us to work the goals we aim.
The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,260
Location: Sweden

13 Jun 2019, 12:47 am

Fnord wrote:
Heck, I'm still trying to figure why He made the platypus...


Had to do something with all those leftover parts.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.