Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 9:06 am

Source: This ABC7 News Article.

After a two-hour stabbing rampage in Orange County, California, that left four people dead and two others wounded, authorities on Thursday identified the suspect in custody as a documented gang member and convicted felon. Zachary Castaneda, 33, was being held in lieu of $1 million bail. Castaneda had previously been incarcerated for possession of methamphetamine with the intention to distribute while armed with an assault weapon.

Orange County, California needs better knife-control laws.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 9:13 am

8 killed, 22 hurt as knife-wielding man hijacks bus in southeast China

"At least eight people, including a policeman, were killed on Tuesday when a bus ploughed into pedestrians and other road users in a southeast China city after a knife-wielding man attacked its driver."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 1:46 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_stabbings

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 2:17 pm

I am not against gun control and do not see why anyone needs an AK47 or whatever machine gun.
But I wonder if carrying out the urge to kill many would stop with the removal of certain weapons.
I remember a movie about a teen who opened fire on students with his archery set.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QOKichCXu2o/maxresdefault.jpg

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:53 pm

He stabbed his neighbors.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm

Is there going to be a knife debate now and people talking about knife control? :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 5:05 am

EzraS wrote:
I am not against gun control and do not see why anyone needs an AK47 or whatever machine gun.
But I wonder if carrying out the urge to kill many would stop with the removal of certain weapons.
I remember a movie about a teen who opened fire on students with his archery set.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QOKichCXu2o/maxresdefault.jpg

...Was that " We Need To Talk About Kevin "? I didn't see it but I read the novel.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 5:58 am

Nutters in America killing en masse...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:30 am

Absolutely.

Who cares if nutters can have AR 15s ?

The Chinese have spree stabbers. So...that somehow proves that firepower makes no difference.

By that logic we shouldnt care if Iran nor if North Korea have nuclear weapons.

If Kim Jong Un REALLY WANTS to wipe out an American city then....all that he has to do is send a million agents disguised as tourists to Chicago, and then have those agents walk up to American civilians on the streets of Chicago, and....have the agents garrote each American one by one with that American's own necktie!

It might take a little longer, and be a little more labor intensive then to kill the same one million Americans with a nuke. But...you're just as dead if you're killed by your own necktie as you are if you're killed by a A-bomb. So...whats all of the fuss about?

Let private citizens have military assault rifles, and let nations have nukes, and....why not?...let private citizens have nukes too! :D

I could use nukes to get rid of tree stumps in the back yard myself. I am outraged by the govt. infringing on my rights to use atomic bombs in my own backyard as I see fit! :evil:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:09 pm

My neighbor was saddened when they tightened up on blasting caps.I was glad because I got tired of hearing the explosions.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:15 pm

If there is a knife debate, I'll pop some popcorn.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 5:06 pm

I think that one of the arguments about the differences between knife crime and firearm crime
is that anyone can murder with a gun, from child up. Where as knife crimes take a bit more physical strength.

I also note that there is more of a chance of the victims surviving the knife crime, if they know how to defend themselves and more of a chance of the assailant getting disarmed.

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying that disarming a violent physically able person armed with a knife will be easy,
however, it is perhaps a lot more possible than disarming a violent physically able person with a gun.

Please also do not misunderstand what i have written, i am not recommending that anyone tries to disarm a person with a weapon. As to do so you would need to be highly skilled as well as have a great deal of guts.

There are some martial arts that are designed to train people to disarm people with weapons, which perhaps should be taught to everyone from the day they go to school. Then people wouldn't think it was such a great idea if the chances of them getting disarmed were very high.

I do think that a persons chances of survival are higher than if faced with an violent criminal armed with a firearm.

If you are interested in learning martial arts to defend yourself, including disarming techniques.
i recommend Krav Maga and Filipino Knife fighting as martial arts that skill up people for this purpose.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

Bet he is a drug user.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 6:14 pm

...A dealer - who got high on his own supply :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!