Tennessee Pastor-Detective says execute LGBTQ people

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:13 pm

Authorities 'looking into' pastor's church sermon calling for execution of LGBTQ people

Quote:
A controversial sermon by a Tennessee church pastor, who is also a detective in the Knox County Sheriff’s Office, calling for the execution of LGBTQ people has prompted authorities to further investigate.

All Scripture Baptist Church pastor Grayson Fritts, who earlier this month was taken off active duty with the sheriff's department as he waits for a county buyout offer, said in an hourlong sermon that members of the LGBTQ community should be “put to death,” referring to them as “freaks” and “animals,” according to CBS 8 WVLT.

"Here's how it should work. It shouldn't work when we go out and we enforce the laws, because the Bible says the powers that be are ordained of God and God has instilled the power of civil government to send the police in 2019 out to these LGBT freaks and arrest them," Fritts said in his June 2 sermon.

Have a trial for them, and if they are convicted then they are to be put to death ... do you understand that? It's a capital crime to be carried out by our government."

Fritts also made specific reference to LGBTQ Pride parades, saying, “All the Pride parades, man, hey, call the riot teams, we got a bunch of 'em, get the paddy wagon out here, we got a bunch of 'em going to jail. We got a bunch of them we're gonna get convicted because they've got their Pride junk on and they're professing what they are, they're a filthy animal."

The Hill has reached out to the All Scripture Baptist Church for Comment.

The sermon sparked an investigation by the Knox County District Attorney's Office, which put out a statement saying it is further looking into the incident and will take action accordingly.

The Knox County Sheriff’s Office also put out a statement after reports surfaced that Fritts worked in the office. The statement said he is on paid leave until his buy-out request is processed.

“I want to be very clear that it is my responsibility to ensure equal protection to ALL citizens of Knox County, Tennessee under the law, my oath and the United States Constitution without discrimination or hesitation. Rest assured that I have and will continue to do so," Knox County Sheriff Tom Spangler said in the statement.

I am not a constitutional lawyer but this is probably protected speech because SCOTUS in Brandenburg v. Ohio ruled that unless the incitement is a call for “imminent lawless action” it is protected and he is not calling for lawless action but Nazi type government actions.

I have no idea if the taxpayers are obligated to pay his buyout and pension.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Jun 2019, 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:16 pm

This is why, perhaps, quoting Leviticus 18:22 should be considered hate speech.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
This is why, perhaps, quoting Leviticus 18:22 should be considered hate speech.

You are going to have to amend the constitution if you want hate speech to be a criminal offense.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:32 pm

Duplicate Topic.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 6:14 pm

Wasn't there also a story about a bakery that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Wasn't there also a story about a bakery that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

True but not serving is not as bad as calling for the goverment to arrest and kill them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
True but not serving is not as bad as calling for the government to arrest and kill them.
True. It's not as if the baker was either denying them their right to purchase a cake elsewhere or threatening to murder them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
True but not serving is not as bad as calling for the government to arrest and kill them.
True. It's not as if the baker was either denying them their right to purchase a cake elsewhere or threatening to murder them.

I agree. If a baker doesn't want to sell me a wedding cake because I'm gay that's their business and I'll find another bakery, but if a man makes threats against my LIFE for being gay I will call the cops, and if the cops don't so s**t to protect me I will protect myself!

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 2:15 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I agree. If a baker doesn't want to sell me a wedding cake because I'm gay that's their business and I'll find another bakery, but if a man makes threats against my LIFE for being gay I will call the cops, and if the cops don't so s**t to protect me I will protect myself!

This guy wants the cops to arrest you in a society where being gay is a capital offense.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 2:35 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This guy wants the cops to arrest you in a society where being gay is a capital offense.

And I would not be going down without a fight f**k that s**t!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 5:16 am

Interesting...so if somebody acts on his words then he isn't culpable?

When Sarah Palin drew a cross hair on Gabby Gifford did it influence Jared Lee Loughner to shoot her?

When Trump called Nazis fine people did it embolden James Alex Fields to kill Heather Heyer?

When Trump called Nazis fine people did it embolden Brenton Tarrant to kill 51 people in New Zealand?

Lots of irresponsible people in the USA whom garner support from millions of people....

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 7:09 am

Quote:
I am not a constitutional lawyer but this is probably protected speech because SCOTUS in Brandenburg v. Ohio ruled that unless the incitement is a call for “imminent lawless action” it is protected and he is not calling for lawless action but Nazi type government actions.

He has the right to free speech... as a private citizen. It's up to the government to decide whether or not he can be trusted to do his job properly whilst holding those views, however.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 7:19 am

Smartly but unfortunately for the non homophobic taxpayers he chose to share his views only when he was leaving the police force.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 6:21 pm

shrewd fellow...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 12:49 pm

That pastor-detective is out of his mind. This day in age? Come on!

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 9:44 pm

I hope the day never comes when they actually try to execute homosexuals in this country. :|