'Laugh-in' comedic actor Arte Johnson dies at 90

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 11:02 pm

Los Angeles Times

Quote:

Actor Arte Johnson, who won an Emmy for comedy sketch work on the television show "Laugh-In," has died early Wednesday in Los Angeles. He was 90.

Johnson died of heart failure following a three-year battle with bladder and prostate cancer, family representative Harlan Boll said. No services have been planned, but his ashes will be spread in a private ceremony.

Johnson became known for his catchphrase "Verrry interesting" on "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In." The Michigan native won an Emmy in 1969 and was nominated two more times through his work on the hit show.

One of his characters was Wolfgang, a cigarette-smoking German soldier who thought World War II was still going on.

Johnson's other television appearances include "Bewitched," ''The Partridge Family," ''Lost in Space," ''Murder, She Wrote" and "The Donna Reed Show." He also nabbed roles in films as Dracula's sidekick in "Love at First Bite" and "The President's Analyst" as a federal agent.

Johnson appeared on several game shows such as "The Gong Show," ''The Match Game" and "Wheel of Fortune." He narrated more than 80 audiobooks and did voiceover work for "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo," ''Justice League Unlimited" and "DuckTales."
Johnson was a non-Hodgkins lymphoma survivor after being diagnosed then successfully treated in 1997.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 1:50 am

Arte made me laugh hysterically through my childhood. Rest In Peace.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

Sad to hear this - I loved him on Laugh-In.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 9:48 am

Rest in peace, you cute little weasel. :heart: