Page 4 of 12 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 6:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So far it has been the left pouring out into the streets rioting, vandalizing and committing arson.

It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism.

A small fringe element. Just like the small fringe element is committing murder and acts of terrorism among the Muslims.

That is true but I don't ever see you defend muslims, blacks or Mexicans who are also stereotyped as terrorists, rapists, criminals etc...but nothing can restrain you if anyone dares say anything about whites flirting with the ultra-right

No one here is writing those things about Muslims, blacks or Mexicans so that is why you do not see me replying to nonexistent comments. Although I have compared the right being called nazis to Muslims being called terrorists in replies to comments. And I have pointed out that the left is saying Latin America is full of rapists and criminals in replies to comments.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 7:49 am

I can’t get the video to play.

I’m a lifelong resident of SW Va. Incidentally, my dad was killed in a nearly identical incident 40 years ago. He was the victim of road rage. He was purposefully driven into, except at a very high rate of speed, largely because the redneck killer did not like the way my dad looked. It was grislier than the Heyer incident. But death is death. The killer got three years.

I am not aware of any “nazi” groups here, currently. There was a small neo nazi group in the 1990s that was an offshoot of the punk resurgence during that time. I do not think they were organized and I believe they all stopped being interested in that after a few years. They were into chelsea haircuts, doc marten boots, and red suspenders, if you want to look that stuff up.

There are two other groups around here who have always been here. One is the legit klan. Those seem to be a few inbred families who are rude to pretty much anyone who isn’t like them. Not just other races or religions. If you’re “Northern” or educated, they wouldn’t like you. If you associated with stuff they didn’t like they wouldn’t like you. They keep to themselves and don’t bother people anymore, except the rudeness. I guess because the world moved on long ago and they can’t do much. But they’re still around. They’re old families.

The second group is Southern Pride people, which includes a subgroup around here called Black Rednecks (black people who identify as rednecks). These are people who will talk with a southern accent even if it’s not natural to them, wear fishhooks in their ballcaps, passionately defend Southern history and the Confederate flag. They are the only group you are going to find in any numbers, and who would have an intellectual discussion about race or history or anything of the sort.

These people from the Charlottesville riots seemed to be Educated Neo Nazis, which we do not have around here. The people who put it together were from other places and states. I can’t speak for the people marching or what their deal was. But if we have “nazis” they would have to be keyboard warrior types. Not actual, organized people. I think people are imagining that there is some kind of anti-antifa that exists, trying to mess things up for us regular folks, put us back before civil rights. Not here.

Hope this helps for anyone looking for an eyes on the ground account from a WP member.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:08 am

Persephone29 wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
You know something, I might actually look forward to the s**t really hitting the fan in this country.

I want to see the far left and far right slaughter each other. A war between the blue and red dragons.

Things have been insufferably boring for me lately. I could use a good show. :twisted:

I've been saying this for years. Best post on the entire thread... Let the dumb s**ts meet in the streets and kill each other off. It'll be like The Purge. Too many to prosecute, a free for all. Clean up the country and start over.

Agreed, I'm sick of all the turmoil surrounding Trump and other issues. Any country that chooses to be as polarized about everything as the US is deserves to collapse on itself. There's no use fighting it. :shrug:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:14 am

Persephone29 wrote:
You know something, I might actually look forward to the s**t really hitting the fan in this country.

I want to see the far left and far right slaughter each other. A war between the blue and red dragons.

Things have been insufferably boring for me lately. I could use a good show. :twisted:

I've been saying this for years. Best post on the entire thread... Let the dumb s**ts meet in the streets and kill each other off. It'll be like The Purge. Too many to prosecute, a free for all. Clean up the country and start over.

Agreed, I'm sick of all the turmoil surrounding Trump and other issues. Any country that chooses to be as polarized about everything as the US is deserves to collapse on itself. There's no use fighting it. :shrug:

I think what you have seen so far is all that you are going to get.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:21 am

EzraS wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

I think what you have seen so far is all that you are going to get.

I sincerely hope not. I wanna see a second American Civil War between the the far right and far left and I want all of the idiots in this country to brutally bomb the s**t out of each other. I hope it's bloodier than the last Civil War! f**k America!

:skull: :twisted: :skull:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:23 am

Most people, quite frankly, are too lazy to go out to fight a civil war.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:26 am

satan doesn't want us to get along. he laughs when we are like this.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I think all of what we have seen so far is as bad as it is ever going to get.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:03 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

And people in this country said that the American Civil War was going to be a quick war. It wasn't.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:06 am

Conditions were very different in 1861.

People had to work a lot harder on their farms and in the cities. And they had little money. A military salary would have been a boon for many people. There was no air-conditioning in the summer. No TV. No radio. People had time on their hands.

Nowadays, there's TV, radio, Internet, air-conditioning, etc. People wouldn't want to sacrifice their ease in order to get into some war with no clear consensus as to what's "right."

I certainly don't feel passionate enough to just ditch my job, ditch my home, and fight me some extreme rightists......

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:11 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

And people in this country said that the American Civil War was going to be a quick war. It wasn't.

The Americans who exist today are a long ways from the Americans of 158 years ago.

Think of how much war there was between countries in Europe in the past. How likely is it that England, France, Germany and Spain are going to go to war against each other again?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:14 am

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The Americans who exist today are a long ways from the Americans of 150 years ago.

Think of how much war there was between countries in Europe in the past. How likely is it that England, France, Germany and Spain are going to go to war against each other again?

And yet we love starting wars with countries we believe are weaker. The US is never going to progress past its war-hungry mindset.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:22 am

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The Americans who exist today are a long ways from the Americans of 150 years ago.

And yet we love starting wars with countries we believe are weaker. The US is never going to progress past its war-hungry mindset.

It seems highly unlikely these days that the US military will split in half and go to war against itself.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:03 am

I guess we'll have to take away the convience of TV, video games, internet, junk food, and fast food to get this party started. :wtg: :salut:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So far it has been the left pouring out into the streets rioting, vandalizing and committing arson.

It's the right who's committing murder and acts of terrorism.

A small fringe element. Just like the small fringe element is committing murder and acts of terrorism among the Muslims.

As are those leftists taking to the streets. They hardly make up any part of the American left to any degree.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 1:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I'm not defending the murderer, I'm explaining the reality of what happened...
Your "explanation" is a feeble attempt to justify a murder and place the blame on the victim.

Nothing justifies the murderer's actions. Accept it and deal with it.

His sentence was a politically motivated kangaroo court joke. No point trying to discuss it with you.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"