Trump: War of Independence in Airports??

Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:44 pm

That's right

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:49 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think it's amusing his knowledge of US history is so awful...shouldn't there be test for potential presidential candidates to confirm they have a basic understanding of their own history??

This coming from you who just claimed that late 18th century events took place in the 17th century.

I see you are making a meal of this...the quote is from the article not me...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:52 am

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]"When you cannot refute the message, attack the messenger", right boys?

Quite used to it by now. A certain individual (who shall not be named) squealed to the mods that I was getting personal but he has no problem doing exactly the same to me...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 1:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think it's amusing his knowledge of US history is so awful...shouldn't there be test for potential presidential candidates to confirm they have a basic understanding of their own history??

This coming from you who just claimed that late 18th century events took place in the 17th century.

You wrote it as if it were you saying it rather than being a quote. And apparently you did not notice the flub. When there is a flub in the process of making a bfd over a flub, it is always going to stick out like a sore thumb.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 1:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]"When you cannot refute the message, attack the messenger", right boys?

Quite used to it by now. A certain individual (who shall not be named) squealed to the mods that I was getting personal but he has no problem doing exactly the same to me...

Commenting on what someone said (or appeared to say since they did not write it in the form of a quote) has nothing to do with making personal remarks about someone. If I said something like "just like a typical Australian" that would be making it personal ie ad hominem.

Just like when you and goldfish21 were tag teaming making remarks about me along the lines of "typical teenager" "this is how adolescents behave" or words to that effect.

I remember you got into a protracted argument with a mod regarding this concept, because you do not seem to or act like you do not understand how it works.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:10 am

I haven't followed this story but the whole thing sounds like fake news to me. It's well known that the British controlled no Colonial airports during the Revolution — not a single one in any of the 57 states.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:34 am

Darmok wrote:
I haven't followed this story but the whole thing sounds like fake news to me. It's well known that the British controlled no Colonial airports during the Revolution — not a single one in any of the 57 states.

ha ha ha what an uneducated buffoon not knowing there are only 50 states. And what is more he said 57 states not including Alaska and Hawaii ha ha ha. Or maybe he just had a brain fart. Nah couldn't just be that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:58 am

EzraS wrote:
Just like when you and goldfish21 were tag teaming making remarks about me along the lines of "typical teenager" "this is how adolescents behave" or words to that effect.

Am I under trial again? why don't you let these things go, nobody holds a grudge against you Ezra, why drag up ancient history

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:02 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

You wrote it as if it were you saying it rather than being a quote. And apparently you did not notice the flub. When there is a flub in the process of making a bfd over a flub, it is always going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Making a mountain out of a proverbial molehill to avoid addressing the central issue...I forgot to add quotes...big deal..meanwhile your president gets an F for American history and people will begin to wonder about his sanity

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Making a mountain out of a proverbial molehill to avoid addressing the central issue...I forgot to add quotes...big deal..meanwhile your president gets an F for American history and people will begin to wonder about his sanity

So what do you have to say about Obama thinking there are 57 states, not including Alaska and Hawaii, when there are actually only a total of 50? Do you hold the same type of judgement against him?

Does the author of the article you posted get an F in American history for writing 17th century instead of 18th century?

Do you get an F for repeating it?

Or it could simply be that people make mistakes and there is nothing more to it.

This thread started out as making a mountain out of a molehill.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Am I under trial again? why don't you let these things go, nobody holds a grudge against you Ezra, why drag up ancient history

You are the one who dragged up ancient history: "A certain individual (who shall not be named) squealed to the mods that I was getting personal but he has no problem doing exactly the same to me..."

Were you actually perplexed by my reply after you had just brought it up? Seriously?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 11:07 am

Proof of George Washington's role in the founding of the Air Force! (And don't say it was photoshopped, because photoshop had not yet been invented at that time!)

There Are Four Lights!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:09 pm

Well...it worked! You never hear about the Redcoats ever using any of our airports, do you? :D

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:05 pm

"One if by land and two if by air" - Paul Revere.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:20 pm

I'm not sure what's worse , Trumps gaffe or the article having to explain why it's a gaffe :roll:

Quote:
There were, of course, no airports in the 1770s, not to mention aeroplanes, which were not invented until the 1900s.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:43 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I'm not sure what's worse , Trumps gaffe or the article having to explain why it's a gaffe :roll:
Quote:
There were, of course, no airports in the 1770s, not to mention aeroplanes, which were not invented until the 1900s.

It's kind of disturbing that you aren't familiar with your own British history. Military aeroplanes are well documented from earliest times, even if the fake-news media is unaware of it.

There Are Four Lights!