Trump: War of Independence in Airports??

Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 6:25 pm

Donald Trump has claimed a 17th century US army “took over the airports” in a major Independence Day speech. And you won’t believe what he blamed the error on.

Trump read his prepared speech from a teleprompter behind a bulletproof lectern streaked with rain.
On Friday he told reporters that the teleprompter had gone “kaput.”
“Actually, in the middle of that sentence it went out,” Trump said of the teleprompter. “And that’s not a good feeling.”
“I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter, but I knew the speech very well,” he said, “so I was able to do it without a teleprompter.
https://www.news.com.au/world/trumps-ma ... a0d2c00fa5
So Trump improvised....in his mind there were airports in the 1700s???

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
... So Trump improvised... in his mind there were airports in the 1700s???
In his mind, he is God, thus every Word He doth speak is Truth and all Truth is thus Spake in His Word...

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 05 Jul 2019, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Donald Trump has claimed a 17th century US army “took over the airports” in a major Independence Day speech.

18th century. lol

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
... So Trump improvised... in his mind there were airports in the 1700s???
In his mind, he is God, thus every Word He doth speak is Truth and all Truth is thus Spake in His Word...

:roll:

I think it's amusing his knowledge of US history is so awful...shouldn't there be test for potential presidential candidates to confirm they have a basic understanding of their own history??

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:42 pm

Meanwhile, the DNC is pushing more corrupt, corporate candidates on us while smearing progressive ones. Yes, focusing on these kinds of stories will go a long way to derail the runaway neoliberal freight-train that is responsible for putting Trump in office.

But they're oh so entertaining! Keep them coming, MSM, and everything will be hunky dory! This is how we maintain the status quo!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 8:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I think it's amusing his knowledge of US history is so awful...shouldn't there be test for potential presidential candidates to confirm they have a basic understanding of their own history??

This coming from you who just claimed that late 18th century events took place in the 17th century.

Tell us more about the history of the US army up until 1699.

Did it all start in "Phoenix, Nevada"?

Should I keep inferring that you are stupid and uneducated or just concede that you simply got your wires crossed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:55 pm

"When you cannot refute the message, attack the messenger", right boys?

The Confuser In Chief was caught displaying his ignorance (again), and all you can do is either point and laugh at those who call him out, or try to divert attention toward rumors and innuendo.

:roll: Pathetic.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:20 pm

Fnord wrote:

The Confuser In Chief was caught displaying his ignorance (again), and all you can do is either point and laugh at those who call him out, or try to divert attention toward rumors and innuendo.

What is pathetic is those acting like they believe that the president actually thinks airports existed in 1776, rather than conceding that he obviously got his wires crossed. And thus only making themselves look foolish and desperate.

What is hilarious is the OP screwing up the way he did considering the topic.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:41 pm

Fnord wrote:

Who's refuting the message? A president, a politician, said something stupid! Oh, s**t! Call 60 minutes! We've got a major story here.

If you don't understand the point of my comment, fine. But don't attack me with a BS accusation. Of course Trump is an idiot, douche-bag, and totally incompetent. I've never denied that. I'm just sick of this f*****g nonsense. It's only empowering him. If you don't get that, well...I think that's pathetic!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Who's refuting the message? A president, a politician, said something stupid! Oh, s**t! Call 60 minutes! We've got a major story here.

If you don't understand the point of my comment, fine. But don't attack me with a BS accusation. Of course Trump is an idiot, douche-bag, and totally incompetent. I've never denied that. I'm just sick of this f*****g nonsense. It's only empowering him. If you don't get that, well...I think that's pathetic!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:56 pm

one gaffe-prone pol versus another in two years, most likely. only the present gaffe-prone pol is coated in teflon. i'm praying for the other one.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 10:57 pm

Donald J. Trump effed up (again), blamed something other than himself (again), and immediately his starry-eyed fanboys jumped in (again) in insult and attack anyone (again) who pointed out that their idol is flawed (obviously).

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:10 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Just watch the Democrats implode if they don't support Tulsi Gabbard and then scream about Russia again and then see someone even worse than Trump elected after that. It's hilarious how these people call us Trump lovers just for focusing on important matters.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Donald J. Trump effed up (again), blamed something other than himself (again), and immediately his starry-eyed fanboys jumped in (again) in insult and attack anyone (again) who pointed out that their idol is flawed (obviously).

If you think I and especially VegetableMan are starry-eyed fanboy idol worshipers of anyone, you obviously do not know how to read people.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

If you think I and especially VegetableMan are starry-eyed fanboy idol worshipers of anyone, you obviously do not know how to read people.

It's their go to attack. Nuance is dead.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Trump does not need Russians to help him win the election, he has democrats to do that for him.