Trump: War of Independence in Airports??

Page 4 of 6 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,825
Location: Twin Peaks

07 Jul 2019, 12:19 am

JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, I guess he meant "took over the ship ports"?


Nice try...

Unfortunately the Trump support "klan"


You really get off on pushing buttons don't you?


Just remember that on the other thread he makes excuses for a white supremacist, Winston Churchill who compared Palestinians and Native Americans to dogs and said it was right for them to be replaced by white people because they were less human.


Double standards.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,419
Location: temperate zone

07 Jul 2019, 3:00 am

Darmok wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I'm not sure what's worse , Trumps gaffe or the article having to explain why it's a gaffe :roll:
Quote:
There were, of course, no airports in the 1770s, not to mention aeroplanes, which were not invented until the 1900s.

It's kind of disturbing that you aren't familiar with your own British history. Military aeroplanes are well documented from earliest times, even if the fake-news media is unaware of it.

Image


Trump uses Twitter. But I am sure William the Conqueror probably used Myspace! :D



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,937
Location: USA

07 Jul 2019, 3:40 am

SaveFerris wrote:
It's weird how his voice falters at the 30 second mark almost as if he didn't know the word ?

"Our army manned the ?"

And "we rammed the ramparts" (what does that even mean?)

And "rocket's red glare". (Supposedly rockets were not used in war until the 1800s).

I'm OK with "waving star-spangled banner" because a stared flag could of been waved.

Image


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,998
Location: New England

07 Jul 2019, 4:11 am

This is the best thing since covfefe. :mrgreen:

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,401

07 Jul 2019, 5:16 am

Of course they didn't have airports back then. But their alien allies from the moon did. Of course, the moon was then nuked into a barren wasteland in reprisal, and then, after the radiation died down many generations later, the American flag was planted on the moon to show who conquered and destroyed the moon as a warning to the other races in the galaxy.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,172

07 Jul 2019, 7:07 am

What was actually going on in Trump's brain during the speech

Image



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,222
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2019, 4:47 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Meanwhile, the DNC is pushing more corrupt, corporate candidates on us while smearing progressive ones. Yes, focusing on these kinds of stories will go a long way to derail the runaway neoliberal freight-train that is responsible for putting Trump in office.

But they're oh so entertaining! Keep them coming, MSM, and everything will be hunky dory! This is how we maintain the status quo!


What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? We're discussing Trump's display of ignorance in this thread.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,052
Location: Sweden

11 Jul 2019, 5:00 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
It's weird how his voice falters at the 30 second mark almost as if he didn't know the word ?

"Our army manned the ?"

And "we rammed the ramparts" (what does that even mean?)

And "rocket's red glare". (Supposedly rockets were not used in war until the 1800s).

I'm OK with "waving star-spangled banner" because a stared flag could of been waved.


Well, a "rampart" is a defensive wall, and "ramming " is what you do when you'd rather there not be a defensive wall (and you think what you're ramming it with has a chance not to go splat against it.)


And rockets are discussed in manuals on warfare as early as the 1600s.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,825
Location: Twin Peaks

11 Jul 2019, 5:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Meanwhile, the DNC is pushing more corrupt, corporate candidates on us while smearing progressive ones. Yes, focusing on these kinds of stories will go a long way to derail the runaway neoliberal freight-train that is responsible for putting Trump in office.

But they're oh so entertaining! Keep them coming, MSM, and everything will be hunky dory! This is how we maintain the status quo!


What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? We're discussing Trump's display of ignorance in this thread.


Which was almost as bad as the 44th President of the United States display of ignorance in thinking there are 57 States.

If you are going to go for ignorance rather than someone just having brain fart, then Obama goes on the list of ignorant Presidents as well.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,222
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Jul 2019, 5:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Meanwhile, the DNC is pushing more corrupt, corporate candidates on us while smearing progressive ones. Yes, focusing on these kinds of stories will go a long way to derail the runaway neoliberal freight-train that is responsible for putting Trump in office.

But they're oh so entertaining! Keep them coming, MSM, and everything will be hunky dory! This is how we maintain the status quo!


What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? We're discussing Trump's display of ignorance in this thread.


Which was almost as bad as the 44th President of the United States display of ignorance in thinking there are 57 States.

If you are going to go for ignorance rather than someone just having brain fart, then Obama goes on the list of ignorant Presidents as well.


Uh, no. Obama misspoke when talking about states and territories just once. Trump on the other hand has said incomprehensibly idiotic things virtually every day. His own people in the White House consider him to be an incompetent, and either mentally ill or senile.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,825
Location: Twin Peaks

11 Jul 2019, 6:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Meanwhile, the DNC is pushing more corrupt, corporate candidates on us while smearing progressive ones. Yes, focusing on these kinds of stories will go a long way to derail the runaway neoliberal freight-train that is responsible for putting Trump in office.

But they're oh so entertaining! Keep them coming, MSM, and everything will be hunky dory! This is how we maintain the status quo!


What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? We're discussing Trump's display of ignorance in this thread.


Which was almost as bad as the 44th President of the United States display of ignorance in thinking there are 57 States.

If you are going to go for ignorance rather than someone just having brain fart, then Obama goes on the list of ignorant Presidents as well.


Uh, no. Obama misspoke when talking about states and territories just once. Trump on the other hand has said incomprehensibly idiotic things virtually every day. His own people in the White House consider him to be an incompetent, and either mentally ill or senile.


So with the one you like it is a perfectly reasonable and explainable mistake. With the one you do not like it is ignorance, mental illness or senility. And there are others who do not like him to back it up.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,172

11 Jul 2019, 6:52 am

Seriously comparing a Harvard law graduate with a man who's father paid for his degree at Wharton

Trump is embarrassed and threatened legal action if anyone dug up his school/academic records
https://www.forbes.com/sites/christophe ... c00d063764



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,825
Location: Twin Peaks

11 Jul 2019, 7:11 am

I am simply seeing a brain fart as a brain fart no matter who gets one.

I think if one does not dislike Obama or their feelings are neutral, then him saying 57 states was just getting his wires crossed. Whereas if one dislikes Obama then he is ignorant and stupid etc and it gets turned into a huge deal.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,172

11 Jul 2019, 7:21 am

EzraS wrote:
I am simply seeing a brain fart as a brain fart no matter who gets one.

I think if one does not dislike Obama or their feelings are neutral, then him saying 57 states was just getting his wires crossed. Whereas if one dislikes Obama then he is ignorant and stupid etc and it gets turned into a huge deal.


If Obama had a "brain fart" then Trump has chronic diarrhea



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,825
Location: Twin Peaks

11 Jul 2019, 7:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I am simply seeing a brain fart as a brain fart no matter who gets one.

I think if one does not dislike Obama or their feelings are neutral, then him saying 57 states was just getting his wires crossed. Whereas if one dislikes Obama then he is ignorant and stupid etc and it gets turned into a huge deal.


If Obama had a "brain fart" then Trump has chronic diarrhea


The thing is I have to measure your assessment in proportion to how much you dislike him.