Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 4:19 am

There were pro-the " Confederate flag " rallies held yesterday in both Kansas and South Carolina, on the anniversary of the anniversary of the removal of the C-flag from the South Carolina state capital State House following the Dylan Roof murders.
I haven't yet been able to find any stories about the Kansas one - which was in the John Brown Memorial Park in Osawatomie,, KS., though it's Sunday now. I could only find, after reading about it, an advance editorial in the Kansas City Star. They were against it :P.
Presumably, a story should be up soon, ... even though it would be well past 4:00 Sunday morning now, I found no news story up yet.
Presumably, later :| ...
There was a story up about SC's...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 4:46 am

...pro-flag rally, which was held on the lawn of the State House in Columbia, the state capitol. In the event, put on by the group Flags Across The South under a permit, the Confederate banner was raised for 9 hours, 8 AM to 5 P

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 4:59 am

......(continuing) 9 hours, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. " 25 to 30 " people showed up for the rally, one counter-protestor.
The Kansas rally was held by an outfit called CSA II...in a park that was named after the violent Abolitionist John Brown, who murdered slavery support era and attempted to spark a mass anti-slaveery revolt! Some incongruence here :lol: ?
Kansas, too, was admitted to the Union as a free state, after massive bloody fighting between Abolitionist and pro-sla ery partisans, becoming known in the ante+bellum era as " Bloody Kansas "! 8O

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 8:47 am

Personally I hate John Brown. I'm against slavery and racism, but he was basically the Charles Manson of his day, only unlike Manson and the rest of Helter Skelter he was actually praised as a hero in history for being a murderer. :|

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 5:23 pm

And Colorado
Confederate float in Bayfield’s Fourth of July parade stirs controversy

Quote:
A float at the Bayfield Fourth of July parade promoting the Confederate flag caused a bit of a stir Thursday.

The group that organized the float decorated with the controversial flag is known as the Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation. Several people associated with the group did not respond Friday to requests seeking comment for this article.

According to its Facebook page, the group says it does not support “violence, racism or hate against any persons.” Instead, the group says it supports Confederate heritage and “powerful Southern Pride.”

“We aim to protect our right to honor those humble veterans who fought with everything they had to protect their homeland and secure themselves as their own nation and defend themselves from tyranny,” the group wrote. “God Bless the Confederate States of America.”

Chris La May, Bayfield’s town manager, said Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation has participated in the town’s Fourth of July parade for the past couple of years. He said he has received complaints and concerns over the years about the message the float sends, but there’s not much the town can do.

“The town doesn’t support the promotion of anything that would be considered racist, but I think we are somewhat limited in what we can and can’t control because of First Amendment rights,” he said.

The town of Bayfield doesn’t have protocols or guidelines for groups that host a float in the parade, La May said, and it would put town officials in a tough spot if they rejected a group because of a particular belief or idea it holds.

“We’ll look into it and see if there’s more we can do, but I don’t know – because it’s an event on a public street by a public entity – that we have the ability to limit some of the graphics, letters and symbols that are used by individual participants,” he said.

Brennan Morlan, with the Bayfield Chamber of Commerce, wrote in an email, “Our organization is filled with many people, all with different views so we take no stance as a chamber either for or against that incident.”

In past years, Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation’s float went unchecked, but this year, a handful of Bayfield residents formed a group to join the parade and counter the hateful and racist ideas surrounding the Confederate symbol, said Sarah Goldman (no relation to Robin Goldman), one of the organizers.

Robin Goldman estimated there were about eight people on the Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation float. About 30 to 35 people showed up for the opposition group, which directly followed the Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation’s float. The two groups remained civil throughout the event, Robin Goldman said.

Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation formed around 2015 and has nearly 700 followers on Facebook. The group regularly holds Confederate “flag rides” in an attempt to promote the history of the seven slaveholding states that seceded from the U.S. in the 1860s.

One member, Rosalee Reed, told The Durango Herald before a flag ride in 2016 that the Confederate flag is misunderstood.

“A few people have taken a symbol of pride and heritage and have used it for their own agendas and have swayed the public opinion on it,” she said. “I’m trying to get people to realize and see that it’s not a symbol of hate.”

Upon hearing word of the flag ride, more than 60 people showed up at the La Plata County Fairgrounds to protest. As a result, Rocky Mountain Confederate Conservation changed its planned route.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 5:31 pm

Sometimes I wonder if this is a conspiracy by the government to encourage people in the south to become violent towards each other and encourage riots and maybe a second civil war? I mean, what exactly are they hoping to gain from this?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 6:10 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if this is a conspiracy by the government to encourage people in the south to become violent towards each other and encourage riots and maybe a second civil war? I mean, what exactly are they hoping to gain from this?

A sci-fi book called Afterwar is set in a futuristic US where a second Civil War does happen but the second Reconstruction Era happens at a slow pace after the war finishes.

Take the time to read Afterwar if you can even though I'm only about halfway through it.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 6:12 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:

A sci-fi book called Afterwar is set in a futuristic US where a second Civil War does happen but the second Reconstruction Era happens at a slow pace after the war finishes.

Take the time to read Afterwar if you can even though I'm only about halfway through it.

Sounds interesting, but I could not handle it. I'm very anti-war and even fictional stories involving war depress me. :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 6:29 pm

Only "25 to 30" attendees? Soon (but not soon enough), it may be only 2 or 3, then none.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.