Page 16 of 27 [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 9:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
The 3% of climate scientists who oppose anthropogenic cause for the high carbon emissions are on the payroll of the petroleum and coal industry.

Where is your evidence for such a statement. It sounds like a talking point from talking heads.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 3:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Almost everything you wrote is wrong:
People who do discriminate and hate due to race, religion, sexuality, etc, are racists and phobes.
Granted, things shouldn't be destroyed or torn down out of rage.
Taxation is hardly a punishment like the right likes to make out to be. It's just the price we pay for living in a civilized society. Those with financial success should pay more simply because that's where the money is. Some of that tax money goes to people who are disabled, to the retired, to the disadvantaged, etc. Rather than showing a bit of empathy, the right declares all these people as being parasites who should be left to die.
As if the right understands science any better. In fact, I'd say their grasp on science is quite a bit more deficient.
You have to be willfully blind to think Russiagate is a hoax. Then again, most of the right is.

It is about accusing everyone else of such things and branding them so they will be seen as enemies of society.
Wanting the kind of taxation that puts the government in control of what people earn and get.
Over-exaggerating racism et al to as an excuse to express hatred towards people who are not part of the organization.
Over-exaggerating racism et al and climate change as an excuse to ban, tear down and burn things.
Creating a prevailing threat of racists, phobes, nazis, Russians and doomsday science to create anger and fear.
Convincing people who are sucked in that they are intellectually and morally superior ie (ironically) supremacism.
All of which amounts to trying to create an organization exercising total control over people's lives.

I've heard conservatives not only brand liberals as enemies of society, but claim that only conservatives are Godly.
Then who should be taxed? Those without anything?
Kind of hard to over exaggerate racism when we have mass shootings, and violent demonstrations when that scum crawls out from under their rocks. I have not blamed all conservatives for racism, but too many choose to deny that their political ideology has opened their arms to racists as a counterbalance to blacks joining the political left.
Denial on the part of the right's rank-and-file, herded in that direction by irresponsible and reprehensible talking heads like Tucker Carlson.
Kind of hard not to feel morally superior to people who espouse racism or just plain ignorance.
Social control is more likely to be achieved through conservative hierarchies that rank people's worth by how much money they have in their bank accounts, and who believe equality is earned in the social sphere and the market place rather than being guaranteed by the constitution.

Liberals mock conservatives for being "xians" so of course that is going to make conservatives look godly and liberals ungodly.
It is not a matter of people getting taxed. It is a matter of how much they are taxed. Democrats seem to come up with some new plan to tax on a daily basis. One shooter is one shooter. And I saw lots of violent demonstrations in late 2016 and early 2017.
The term racist is so liberally applied by liberals it does not take much more than not being a liberal for them to call someone a racist.

No, liberals mock conservatives for being fundamentalist evangelicals and traditionalist Catholics, not for being Christians. Plenty of liberals are Christians, like myself.
As the wealthy and big business can duck out of getting taxed all together, it's hardly a valid argument that they're taxed too much. Despite all their talk about taxation crippling them to the point of not hiring more people - in America - they still aren't doing it even with all their tax dodges.
One shooter isn't just one shooter when these fanatics are all interconnected on the internet, and hype themselves and each other up with talk of violence against "the other."
I never defended such violent demonstrations.
Sure, some might randomly fling the term of racism at others, but that doesn't mean that there are still those who deserve such labeling.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 3:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And climate change science is not immune to that. There are a number of qualified scientists who do not agree with the conclusions of climate change science. :

The 3% of climate scientists who oppose anthropogenic cause for the high carbon emissions are on the payroll of the petroleum and coal industry.

There used to be a handful of scientists paid handsomely by cigarette companies like Phillip Morris to publish research discrediting the link between smoking and cancer. I am sure Apple and Samsung would happily pay a scientist to demonstrate no link between mobile phone wifi and brain cancer.

Of course, anyone who goes against the collective is guilty of something.

There is no "collective." There's just honest scientists presenting their evidence as compared to paid corporate shills.
It should be remembered that lead was commonly used in gasoline, paint, and other everyday items, despite the fact that science had exposed lead as a deadly poison. When scientists had revealed this, corporate America first tried unsuccessfully to buy off said scientists, then tried to destroy their credibility while promoting their own hacks who claimed lead poisoning was exaggerated, and that big business should be left alone to regulate themselves.

The collective is my pet name for liberals. And how do you know climate change scientists are not corporate shills? The green industry generates billions of dollars. You should find a way to get in on the gravy train yourself.

Of course the thing is gas powered automobiles are diminishing anyways and will continue to do so as the auto industry continues to become more of a tech industry. Consumers want what is state of the art. I do not know much about Elon Musk. Is the Tesla corporation in existence because he is a major environmentalist or because there is big bucks in it?

But what really matters to the collective is putting out the the message that republicans will destroy the earth and democrats will save it.

The green power industry hardly has the bad rep for lying and falsifying evidence that the oil industry has. I'm old enough to remember how the oil companies justified oil price hikes to the point of highway robbery by claiming oil would all be gone in a couple decades. Not only were they eventually demonstrated to be liars, but oil is still with us.
The automotive and oil companies had done their damnedest to halt development of electric cars and alternative energy, even lying about consumer interest in said electric vehicles. Trump, always the thrall of big business, has attempted to put the brakes on the development of alternative energy.
Musk is both.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
People who do discriminate and hate due to race, religion, sexuality, etc, are racists and phobes.
Taxation is hardly a punishment like the right likes to make out to be. It's just the price we pay for living in a civilized society. Those with financial success should pay more simply because that's where the money is. Some of that tax money goes to people who are disabled, to the retired, to the disadvantaged, etc. Rather than showing a bit of empathy, the right declares all these people as being parasites who should be left to die.
As if the right understands science any better. In fact, I'd say their grasp on science is quite a bit more deficient.
You have to be willfully blind to think Russiagate is a hoax. Then again, most of the right is.

It is about accusing everyone else of such things and branding them so they will be seen as enemies of society.
Wanting the kind of taxation that puts the government in control of what people earn and get.
Over-exaggerating racism et al to as an excuse to express hatred towards people who are not part of the organization.
Over-exaggerating racism et al and climate change as an excuse to ban, tear down and burn things.
Creating a prevailing threat of racists, phobes, nazis, Russians and doomsday science to create anger and fear.
Convincing people who are sucked in that they are intellectually and morally superior ie (ironically) supremacism.
All of which amounts to trying to create an organization exercising total control over people's lives.

I've heard conservatives not only brand liberals as enemies of society, but claim that only conservatives are Godly.
Kind of hard to over exaggerate racism when we have mass shootings, and violent demonstrations when that scum crawls out from under their rocks. I have not blamed all conservatives for racism, but too many choose to deny that their political ideology has opened their arms to racists as a counterbalance to blacks joining the political left.
Denial on the part of the right's rank-and-file, herded in that direction by irresponsible and reprehensible talking heads like Tucker Carlson.
Kind of hard not to feel morally superior to people who espouse racism or just plain ignorance.
Social control is more likely to be achieved through conservative hierarchies that rank people's worth by how much money they have in their bank accounts, and who believe equality is earned in the social sphere and the market place rather than being guaranteed by the constitution.

Liberals mock conservatives for being "xians" so of course that is going to make conservatives look godly and liberals ungodly.
It is not a matter of people getting taxed. It is a matter of how much they are taxed. Democrats seem to come up with some new plan to tax on a daily basis. One shooter is one shooter. And I saw lots of violent demonstrations in late 2016 and early 2017.
The term racist is so liberally applied by liberals it does not take much more than not being a liberal for them to call someone a racist.

No, liberals mock conservatives for being fundamentalist evangelicals and traditionalist Catholics, not for being Christians. Plenty of liberals are Christians, like myself.
As the wealthy and big business can duck out of getting taxed all together, it's hardly a valid argument that they're taxed too much. Despite all their talk about taxation crippling them to the point of not hiring more people - in America - they still aren't doing it even with all their tax dodges.
One shooter isn't just one shooter when these fanatics are all interconnected on the internet, and hype themselves and each other up with talk of violence against "the other."
Sure, some might randomly fling the term of racism at others, but that doesn't mean that there are still those who deserve such labeling.

That is your view of what an "xian" is but most other liberals I have read do not seem to be nearly as selective. And of course the whole point in using an "x" is to replace "Christ". From what I have seen liberals who are Christians believe that the Bible should be seen as figurative rather than litteral and the writings of men rather than God and reinterpret or reject scriptures they do not like. I am not talking about the 1% getting taxed. Most of all the myriad taxes democrats come up with target the 99% of people who get all thier money by working. The left despite claims of being peaceful display a lot of hatred and violence in public and on the internet. That is why they came up with the idea of a movie about liberals hunting down conservatives. And one of the latest two shooters was a Warren supporter.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:56 am

jimmy m wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Where is your evidence for such a statement. It sounds like a talking point from talking heads.

Oh please, don't take my word for it
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... al-effort/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And climate change science is not immune to that. There are a number of qualified scientists who do not agree with the conclusions of climate change science. :

There used to be a handful of scientists paid handsomely by cigarette companies like Phillip Morris to publish research discrediting the link between smoking and cancer. I am sure Apple and Samsung would happily pay a scientist to demonstrate no link between mobile phone wifi and brain cancer.

There is no "collective." There's just honest scientists presenting their evidence as compared to paid corporate shills.
It should be remembered that lead was commonly used in gasoline, paint, and other everyday items, despite the fact that science had exposed lead as a deadly poison. When scientists had revealed this, corporate America first tried unsuccessfully to buy off said scientists, then tried to destroy their credibility while promoting their own hacks who claimed lead poisoning was exaggerated, and that big business should be left alone to regulate themselves.

The collective is my pet name for liberals. And how do you know climate change scientists are not corporate shills? The green industry generates billions of dollars. You should find a way to get in on the gravy train yourself.

Of course the thing is gas powered automobiles are diminishing anyways and will continue to do so as the auto industry continues to become more of a tech industry. Consumers want what is state of the art. I do not know much about Elon Musk. Is the Tesla corporation in existence because he is a major environmentalist or because there is big bucks in it?

But what really matters to the collective is putting out the the message that republicans will destroy the earth and democrats will save it.

The green power industry hardly has the bad rep for lying and falsifying evidence that the oil industry has. I'm old enough to remember how the oil companies justified oil price hikes to the point of highway robbery by claiming oil would all be gone in a couple decades. Not only were they eventually demonstrated to be liars, but oil is still with us.
The automotive and oil companies had done their damnedest to halt development of electric cars and alternative energy, even lying about consumer interest in said electric vehicles. Trump, always the thrall of big business, has attempted to put the brakes on the development of alternative energy.
Musk is both.

Nevertheless the green industry is a growing multibillion dollar industry that is competing with the oil industry, therefore it is plenty plausible that they are using the same tactics such as falsifying reports and creating shills.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:07 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That is your view of what an "xian" is but most other liberals I have read do not seem to be nearly as selective. And of course the whole point in using an "x" is to replace "Christ". From what I have seen liberals who are Christians believe that the Bible should be seen as figurative rather than litteral and the writings of men rather than God and reinterpret or reject scriptures they do not like. I am not talking about the 1% getting taxed. Most of all the myriad taxes democrats come up with target the 99% of people who get all thier money by working. The left despite claims of being peaceful display a lot of hatred and violence in public and on the internet. That is why they came up with the idea of a movie about liberals hunting down conservatives. And one of the latest two shooters was a Warren supporter.

My friends are liberals and Christians.
There are degrees to what you can take literally or figuratively. There are theological liberals (not necessarily political liberals by any means) who deny Christ's divinity, which is going way overboard if you still want to call yourself a Christian. Then there's simple, common sense matters like taking timelines literally or figuratively, or the creation account, or even the book of Revelations which even Luther and Calvin rejected and thought should never have been canonized (they were both right).
Tax the 1%, and that'll alleviate the rest of America of so much taxation. That means no more tax cuts for the damn rich.
People who go online to preach hate, right or left, are hardly representative of America.
And most of the recent shooters have been Trump supporters and white nationalists.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:09 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Musk is both.

Nevertheless the green industry is a growing multibillion dollar industry that is competing with the oil industry, therefore it is plenty plausible that they are using the same tactics such as falsifying reports and creating shills.

so far there's no evidence to support that they're nearly as reprehensible as big oil or coal.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
There are degrees to what you can take literally or figuratively. There are theological liberals (not necessarily political liberals by any means) who deny Christ's divinity, which is going way overboard if you still want to call yourself a Christian. Then there's simple, common sense matters like taking timelines literally or figuratively, or the creation account, or even the book of Revelations which even Luther and Calvin rejected and thought should never have been canonized (they were both right).
Tax the 1%, and that'll alleviate the rest of America of so much taxation. That means no more tax cuts for the damn rich.
People who go online to preach hate, right or left, are hardly representative of America.
And most of the recent shooters have been Trump supporters and white nationalists.

Usually when someone appeals to their friends as evidence they are taking a subjective stance. As a whole liberals mock conservatives as Christians by calling them xians. Therefore of course conservatives are seen as godly and liberals as ungodly. Currently the democrats are creating and trying to create umpteen taxes that affect the 99%.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:36 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Usually when someone appeals to their friends as evidence they are taking a subjective stance. As a whole liberals mock conservatives as Christians by calling them xians. Therefore of course conservatives are seen as godly and liberals as ungodly. The democrats are creating and trying to create umpteen taxes that affect the 99%.

A great many liberals are in fact Christians. They base their desire to care for immigrants, legal and illegal, on the Bible, as they do their call to love their neighbor no matter who they are. None of the left wing Christians I know of use the term Xians.
As for conservatives being Godly - - not if they find reason to hate their neighbor, or turn away those in need. For faith to be real it has to be in action.
A great many Americans are too poor to pay income tax, including yours truly. And the sales tax is barely noticeable for most people. Trump's tax cuts will run out for the middle class and they'll be paying more in taxation, if they aren't already.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 4:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Usually when someone appeals to their friends as evidence they are taking a subjective stance. As a whole liberals mock conservatives as Christians by calling them xians. Therefore of course conservatives are seen as godly and liberals as ungodly. The democrats are creating and trying to create umpteen taxes that affect the 99%.

A great many liberals are in fact Christians. They base their desire to care for immigrants, legal and illegal, on the Bible, as they do their call to love their neighbor no matter who they are. None of the left wing Christians I know of use the term Xians.
As for conservatives being Godly - - not if they find reason to hate their neighbor, or turn away those in need. For faith to be real it has to be in action.
A great many Americans are too poor to pay income tax, including yours truly. And the sales tax is barely noticeable for most people. Trump's tax cuts will run out for the middle class and they'll be paying more in taxation, if they aren't already.

The majority if liberals portray themselves as atheist, agnostics, secularists etc. And they denounce religion but mainly focus on Christians because going after other religions would make them Islamiphobic, antisemitic etc. They wiil except christians as long as they act secular enough.

You seem to see there being two classes. The haves and the have nots. The rich and the destitute. While the majority of Americans are neither rich nor destitute. Most people work their asses off for what they have. If they have a nice house and a nice car, it is because they have been busting their humps for it their whole lives. And they are the ones who get put upon the most to carry everything and everyone else. And the funny thing is the indigent express total contempt towards them, even though they are the ones paying thier bills. Trump's cuts aside, all along they are the majority who are carrying the tax burden. And wealthy democrat politicians are always coming up with new ways to squeeze them because they are the majority. I figure the number of people who can work and don't or work the bare minimum to qualify for freebies is staggering.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 5:16 am

EzraS wrote:
The majority if liberals portray themselves as atheist, agnostics, secularists etc. And they denounce religion but mainly focus on Christians because going after other religions would make them Islamiphobic, antisemitic etc. They wiil except christians as long as they act secular enough.

I respect the fact that devout christians are responsible for most of the great civil rights reforms from ending slavery, womens rights and abstinence movement.

I think it was professor Cornell West who called white christians who opposed commemoration of MLK day as a holiday as hypocrites given MLK was a christian pastor.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 5:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You seem to see there being two classes. The haves and the have nots. The rich and the destitute. While the majority of Americans are neither rich nor destitute. Most people work their asses off for what they have. If they have a nice house and a nice car, it is because they have been busting their humps for it their whole lives. And they are the ones who get put upon the most to carry everything and everyone else. And the funny thing is the indigent express total contempt towards them, even though they are the ones paying thier bills. Trump's cuts aside, all along they are the majority who are carrying the tax burden. And wealthy democrat politicians are always coming up with new ways to squeeze them because they are the majority. I figure the number of people who can work and don't or work the bare minimum to qualify for freebies is staggering.

I take it you don't know many liberals, because the irreligious attitudes you assign to liberals aren't held by all liberals, or even most.
I am well aware of a thing called the middle class. I grew up in it, as an industrial worker like my dad was able to buy a house and have two automobiles with his wage. But the days of the middle class is passing away, and America is becoming a country of haves and have nots.
If you want more Americans to work instead of getting "freebies," then businesses should be more willing to hire people and provide a good wage with benefits instead of working as few employees as possible, paying them as little as they can get away with. There are many Americans on food stamps despite the fact that they work, because they hardly are paid enough. Other Americans have sought disability out of frustration with either unemployment or underemployment, and lack of medical benefits.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 7:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I take it you don't know many liberals, because the irreligious attitudes you assign to liberals aren't held by all liberals, or even most.
I am well aware of a thing called the middle class. I grew up in it, as an industrial worker like my dad was able to buy a house and have two automobiles with his wage. But the days of the middle class is passing away, and America is becoming a country of haves and have nots.
If you want more Americans to work instead of getting "freebies," then businesses should be more willing to hire people and provide a good wage with benefits instead of working as few employees as possible, paying them as little as they can get away with. There are many Americans on food stamps despite the fact that they work, because they hardly are paid enough. Other Americans have sought disability out of frustration with either unemployment or underemployment, and lack of medical benefits.

If I went by who I knew I would be going by a pretty tiny selection as you know. I am sure you must come across as much of what I am talking about on the internet and elsewhere as as I do. There are zillions of people spunging off and milking the system and you know too. As someone who is severly disabled I do not think much of seeking disability money for any other reason than actually literally being too disabled to work any job. And if there is any way I can find a way to support myself I will do it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 11:54 am

I've noticed that the US is the only country I ever hear about that's hiding space aliens from the world. Are their any other countries with it's own "Area 51"?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If I went by who I knew I would be going by a pretty tiny selection as you know. I am sure you must come across as much of what I am talking about on the internet and elsewhere as as I do. There are zillions of people spunging off and milking the system and you know too. As someone who is severly disabled I do not think much of seeking disability money for any other reason than actually literally being too disabled to work any job. And if there is any way I can find a way to support myself I will do it.

Who says those people on or seeking disability aren't really disabled? Very often they had worked jobs despite one degree or another of disabilities, till the free market system had let them down and they chose to take the benefits available to them.