Page 18 of 24 [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,160
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
My friends are liberals and Christians.
There are degrees to what you can take literally or figuratively. There are theological liberals (not necessarily political liberals by any means) who deny Christ's divinity, which is going way overboard if you still want to call yourself a Christian. Then there's simple, common sense matters like taking timelines literally or figuratively, or the creation account, or even the book of Revelations which even Luther and Calvin rejected and thought should never have been canonized (they were both right).
Tax the 1%, and that'll alleviate the rest of America of so much taxation. That means no more tax cuts for the damn rich.
People who go online to preach hate, right or left, are hardly representative of America.
And most of the recent shooters have been Trump supporters and white nationalists.


Usually when someone appeals to their friends as evidence they are taking a subjective stance. As a whole liberals mock conservatives as Christians by calling them xians. Therefore of course conservatives are seen as godly and liberals as ungodly. The democrats are creating and trying to create umpteen taxes that affect the 99%.


A great many liberals are in fact Christians. They base their desire to care for immigrants, legal and illegal, on the Bible, as they do their call to love their neighbor no matter who they are. None of the left wing Christians I know of use the term Xians.
As for conservatives being Godly - - not if they find reason to hate their neighbor, or turn away those in need. For faith to be real it has to be in action.
A great many Americans are too poor to pay income tax, including yours truly. And the sales tax is barely noticeable for most people. Trump's tax cuts will run out for the middle class and they'll be paying more in taxation, if they aren't already.


The majority if liberals portray themselves as atheist, agnostics, secularists etc. And they denounce religion but mainly focus on Christians because going after other religions would make them Islamiphobic, antisemitic etc. They wiil except christians as long as they act secular enough.

You seem to see there being two classes. The haves and the have nots. The rich and the destitute. While the majority of Americans are neither rich nor destitute. Most people work their asses off for what they have. If they have a nice house and a nice car, it is because they have been busting their humps for it their whole lives. And they are the ones who get put upon the most to carry everything and everyone else. And the funny thing is the indigent express total contempt towards them, even though they are the ones paying thier bills. Trump's cuts aside, all along they are the majority who are carrying the tax burden. And wealthy democrat politicians are always coming up with new ways to squeeze them because they are the majority. I figure the number of people who can work and don't or work the bare minimum to qualify for freebies is staggering.


I take it you don't know many liberals, because the irreligious attitudes you assign to liberals aren't held by all liberals, or even most.
I am well aware of a thing called the middle class. I grew up in it, as an industrial worker like my dad was able to buy a house and have two automobiles with his wage. But the days of the middle class is passing away, and America is becoming a country of haves and have nots.
If you want more Americans to work instead of getting "freebies," then businesses should be more willing to hire people and provide a good wage with benefits instead of working as few employees as possible, paying them as little as they can get away with. There are many Americans on food stamps despite the fact that they work, because they hardly are paid enough. Other Americans have sought disability out of frustration with either unemployment or underemployment, and lack of medical benefits.


If I went by who I knew I would be going by a pretty tiny selection as you know. I am sure you must come across as much of what I am talking about on the internet and elsewhere as as I do. There are zillions of people spunging off and milking the system and you know too. As someone who is severly disabled I do not think much of seeking disability money for any other reason than actually literally being too disabled to work any job. And if there is any way I can find a way to support myself I will do it.


Who says those people on or seeking disability aren't really disabled? Very often they had worked jobs despite one degree or another of disabilities, till the free market system had let them down and they chose to take the benefits available to them.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 858
Location: Everville

13 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm

I still would like to know if they have aliens in area 51. I hope at least one person is successful in breaking in.


_________________
' You only see what you know. ' ~ Goethe


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,140

14 Aug 2019, 2:12 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've noticed that the US is the only country I ever hear about that's hiding space aliens from the world. Are their any other countries with it's own "Area 51"?

Yes in Australia we have Pine Gap....Even the prime minister of Australia would be shot for trespassing here...
https://www.pedestrian.tv/podcast/pine- ... veillance/



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,140

14 Aug 2019, 2:14 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I still would like to know if they have aliens in area 51. I hope at least one person is successful in breaking in.


I imagine the aliens would be bored witless, after travelling the known universe being locked up in a cell watching Netflix re-runs of alien conspiracy documentaries where they are the star of the program. They might welcome the incursion.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,696
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Aug 2019, 8:26 am

Based on what I have heard regarding abduction stories. Aliens can suspend time, go through walls, paralyze humans, erase their memories and so on.

So based on that it seems unlikely they could not rescue their own kind being heald against their will by humans. They are telepathic as well.

So I imgine if there are aliens at Area 51 they are either there voluntarily or are Roswell crash corpses in big pickle jars. Or in many small ones.

What Area 51 would have is the spacecraft that crashed in Roswell in 1947 and experimental craft built using alien technology.



Last edited by EzraS on 14 Aug 2019, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,952
Location: New England

14 Aug 2019, 8:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Aliens can suspend time, go through walls, paralyze humans, erase their memories and so on.

Correct — we can do all those things.


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,696
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Aug 2019, 8:34 am

Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aliens can suspend time, go through walls, paralyze humans, erase their memories and so on.

Correct — we can do all those things.


Na-nu na-nu.



jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,564
Location: Indiana

14 Aug 2019, 3:20 pm

The "Storm Area 51" event is morphing into an Alien themed festival.

Instead of trying to storm an actual military base, conspiracy theorists and UFO fans are probably now just going to party in the desert. Now Matty Roberts, the event’s creator, has decided to launch an actual alien-themed festival, The New York Post reports. It’s being called Alienstock, and is set to feature “live music, arts and camping under the stars.” It is scheduled for the same dates as the original event. Unconfirmed reports claim that Limp Bizkit will be performing in the area.

The site also warns that there is no gas available in Rachel, and warns visitors to fill up their tanks at nearby towns.


Source: 'Storm Area 51' turns into Alienstock Festival, may possibly include Limp Bizkit



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,160
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Aug 2019, 1:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Based on what I have heard regarding abduction stories. Aliens can suspend time, go through walls, paralyze humans, erase their memories and so on.

So based on that it seems unlikely they could not rescue their own kind being heald against their will by humans. They are telepathic as well.

So I imgine if there are aliens at Area 51 they are either there voluntarily or are Roswell crash corpses in big pickle jars. Or in many small ones.

What Area 51 would have is the spacecraft that crashed in Roswell in 1947 and experimental craft built using alien technology.


Sleep paralysis explains it all, in my book.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,696
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Aug 2019, 2:14 am

jimmy m wrote:
The "Storm Area 51" event is morphing into an Alien themed festival.

Instead of trying to storm an actual military base, conspiracy theorists and UFO fans are probably now just going to party in the desert. Now Matty Roberts, the event’s creator, has decided to launch an actual alien-themed festival, The New York Post reports. It’s being called Alienstock, and is set to feature “live music, arts and camping under the stars.” It is scheduled for the same dates as the original event. Unconfirmed reports claim that Limp Bizkit will be performing in the area.

The site also warns that there is no gas available in Rachel, and warns visitors to fill up their tanks at nearby towns.


Source: 'Storm Area 51' turns into Alienstock Festival, may possibly include Limp Bizkit


I hope the guy who started the thing with his FB post is getting a piece of the pie :money:



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,140

15 Aug 2019, 4:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sleep paralysis explains it all, in my book.


The problem with the sleep paralysis theory for alien abduction is that it can't be verified or classified. As I said before, the psychology of the unconcious mind is a complete mystery for psychologists so I am always amused when some physics PhD with no background in neuroscience tries to claim falsification by hiding behind their credentials as a member of the skeptics association.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,160
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Aug 2019, 1:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sleep paralysis explains it all, in my book.


The problem with the sleep paralysis theory for alien abduction is that it can't be verified or classified. As I said before, the psychology of the unconcious mind is a complete mystery for psychologists so I am always amused when some physics PhD with no background in neuroscience tries to claim falsification by hiding behind their credentials as a member of the skeptics association.


Perhaps, it's just my opinion. Point of interest: I wrote a story called Wide Asleep, published in my anthology, Creeping Shadows, regarding perceived sleep paralysis.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,140

16 Aug 2019, 3:46 am

Huh! is this based on your anthology??
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441710/



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,388
Location: temperate zone

16 Aug 2019, 4:16 am

EzraS wrote:
Based on what I have heard regarding abduction stories. Aliens can suspend time, go through walls, paralyze humans, erase their memories and so on.

So based on that it seems unlikely they could not rescue their own kind being heald against their will by humans. They are telepathic as well.
.


That's what I was thinking. Forget about paranormal talents like suspending time etc. Just the fact that they would be able to travel 500 light years of intersteller space (the way we ride the subways) means that they are way beyond us. So us keeping their citizens hostage would be like a human being being held hostage by a band of chimpanzees. We humans would just send some navy seals to free the person from the chimps in a snap. Any live alien hostages would have been sprung by their alien compatriots long ago.

Though...who knows?...dead aliens... victims of that crash in Rosewell, MIGHT be on ice somewhere in the secret bowels of the US government's infrastructure!



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,696
Location: Twin Peaks

16 Aug 2019, 4:30 am

Suspending or altering time would be a quantum physics thing. If they are travelling across the galaxy they would need to be able to manipulate time and distance. We need Sheldon Leonard to explain it. Then again that is probably not a good idea.