MAGA Model Stripped of Miss Michigan title for racist tweets

Page 2 of 19 [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 2:59 am

She's the vice chair of the University of Michigan Republican student group.

Citied offenses:
1. One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

2. Didn't want to wear religious headgear.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
If someone says the majority of white deaths are caused by other whites, that is perfectly acceptable.

If someone says the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks, that is completely unacceptable and racist.

What you need to understand is that silicone valley has decided supporting Trump is racist and they are trying to program people to make sure he doesn't win again as exposed in the documentary. This is all very sinister and liberals will just make things even worse cause they never learn anything and just double down every single time.

Why would you want Trump to win again?

Where did I say that? Seriously think before you post. I want Tulsi Gabbard to win. But if it's Trump vs some liberal then it's Trump all day long.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:24 am

Amazing how someone read that and saw it as "all blacks are murderers". Unless that's what he truly believes.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:44 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Amazing how someone read that and saw it as "all blacks are murderers". Unless that's what he truly believes.

Saying that blacks should solve their own problems regarding the murder rate in African American communities instead of blaming everyone else is implicating all blacks in murder.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Saying that blacks should solve their own problems regarding the murder rate in African American communities instead of blaming everyone else is implicating all blacks in murder.

Only in your mind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 6:01 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Only in your mind.
No, you just don't want to admit to that way of thinking. I'll remind you that you defended her position.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 7:05 am

Lol. If you think her saying black on black crime rates being high is up to black people to sort out is her saying all blacks are murderers then you've lost touch with reality. Me defending her doesn't mean I agree with her. Just in your mind it does.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 7:07 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

Citied offenses:
1. One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

She is clearly parroting the same rubbish published in Breitbart and Fox news.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 9:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Citied offenses:

She is clearly parroting the same rubbish published in Breitbart and Fox news.

Sounds like more stereotyping marginalizing.

Is number 1 a lie?

As for number 2, have things gotten to the point where if someone won't wear a hijab they are a racist?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 11:41 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
If someone says the majority of white deaths are caused by other whites, that is perfectly acceptable.

If someone says the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks, that is completely unacceptable and racist.

What you need to understand is that silicone valley has decided supporting Trump is racist and they are trying to program people to make sure he doesn't win again as exposed in the documentary. This is all very sinister and liberals will just make things even worse cause they never learn anything and just double down every single time.

Why would you want Trump to win again?

Where did I say that? Seriously think before you post. I want Tulsi Gabbard to win. But if it's Trump vs some liberal then it's Trump all day long.

Seemed from your post like you are opposed to efforts to prevent Trump winning on the basis that he is a racist, so I took that to mean you would not be against him winning.

Why would Trump be better than a liberal candidate. I mean I don't like all the left wing candidates but most are a lot more tolerable than Trump. I'd rather have someone who doesn't work directly for big coal and oil and who isn't hellbent on destroying the environment...and who doesn't accuse people who criticize Israel's government of being anti-semites. But that's just me.

*wait just a second, Tulsi Gabbard is a liberal :? so what do you mean 'if its some liberal vs. Trump its trump all day'...you're a confusing person.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 20 Jul 2019, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 12:32 pm

And remember kids, this is why you should never post under your real name on the internet and post political things.

I am not saying this to defend her. To me it's just common sense. If you are going to be openly racist, you get a consequence.

And there is nothing wrong with not wanting to wear a hijab.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 12:41 pm

League_Girl wrote:
And remember kids, this is why you should never post under your real name on the internet and post political things.

I am not saying this to defend her. To me it's just common sense. If you are going to be openly racist, you get a consequence.

I would suspect the context was that was part of some sort of fashion outfit during some sort of modeling event she was likely doing. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even an actual hijab but just something that resembled one a bit.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 2:23 pm

Quote:
In a Twitter post on Thursday, Zhu said she had been stripped of her Miss Michigan title “due to my refusal to try on a hijab in 2018, my tweet about black on black gun violence, and ‘insensitive’ statistical tweets”.
One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

Honestly what does she expect?

Maybe that citing a true statistic and offering an opinion wouldn't cost her a beauty pageant title she had already won?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:31 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Lol. If you think her saying black on black crime rates being high is up to black people to sort out is her saying all blacks are murderers then you've lost touch with reality. Me defending her doesn't mean I agree with her. Just in your mind it does.

In a Twitter post on Thursday, Zhu said she had been stripped of her Miss Michigan title “due to my refusal to try on a hijab in 2018, my tweet about black on black gun violence, and ‘insensitive’ statistical tweets”.
One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

She clearly stated blacks needed to fix the problems in their own communities first before blaming others. That alone says she holds black Americans as a group collectively responsible.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 5:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Given she was the only contestant who objected it speaks volumes about her cultural insensitivity.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 6:08 pm

Antrax wrote:
Maybe that citing a true statistic and offering an opinion wouldn't cost her a beauty pageant title she had already won?

I wouldn't be so coy that it's that straight forward. The pageant organisers aren't dumb, they know it's the intention behind her quoting these statistics.

There's a difference between bringing attention to issues of general public importance (she has plenty of choices here like planned parenting, climate change, the environment, consumerism, social media etc etc) and drawing attention to statistics for the sole purpose of beating a minority group with a stick.

Zhu's language was highly inflammatory and at best simply demonstrates a lack of tact/sensitivity to post these tweets while she is a contestant knowing full well she is putting her views in public space.