What it means if the Far Right Take over the world for ASD?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 5:19 pm

I was thinking, now that far right and in some countries even alt right parties are taking over the world
what will this mean to us ASD people. As the alt right's view on people with disabilities isn't particularly great.
I.E. involuntarily euthanasia, sterilization, or simply being murdered in our sleep by bigots.

You may think i am over sensationalising this topic, however, news moves fast.
The known alt right supported Steve Bannon is clever enough to get mr. Trump in the white house,
who previously used cambridge analytica to manipulate people into voting, but also to agitate
minority groups to cause conflict between factions.

We live in a dangerous time, where bigoted sociopaths are taking over through the employment of underhanded surveillance tech, data mining, data analytics etc. that fishes for weaknesses to exploit (like hackers).

If the world does get taken over completely by bigots, what can we do?
and should we start to think about counter terror strategies...

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 7:33 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
I was thinking, now that far right and in some countries even alt right parties are taking over the world, what will this mean to us ASD people. ...

Erh? No need to look that far. They've already taken over WrongPlanet. If fact, far right is pretty much one branch of ASD. Why don't you google for "Was Hitler autistic" or something like that? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathography_of_Adolf_Hitler#Autism_spectrum_disorder:_Michael_Fitzgerald_(2004))

As they say: "Life, uh, finds a way."

Apuleius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2019, 8:28 pm

If you scan through chan sites (4chan, 8chan, et cetera) you'll see that "autism" has become the general term of abuse for people and things the denizens of those cesspools don't like. Now that we have a Party of 4chan in charge at the White House, I'm concerned this will not bode well for people with ASD.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 10:38 pm

It means that 5% of the population will take over the other 95%. Although I have been told it is more like 1%.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:28 am

Apuleius wrote:
If you scan through chan sites (4chan, 8chan, et cetera) you'll see that "autism" has become the general term of abuse for people and things the denizens of those cesspools don't like. Now that we have a Party of 4chan in charge at the White House, I'm concerned this will not bode well for people with ASD.

Spoken as someone with zero understanding of the internet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 4:43 am

No need to guess what the far right have planned for the autistic community
https://www.hrw.org/news/2011/11/10/ste ... sabilities

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 8:19 am

The most experience I've had with discrimination has been from the private sector. The most support I've had has been from government entities.

Unions, that I paid dues into have been absolutely no help. And Unions are notoriously left wing...

So, I'm going to reserve judgment until I have exhausted all my resources.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 8:24 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
What it means for ASD if the Far Right Take over the world?
It means "Conform, Serve, or Die" for anyone who is not part of the ruling class.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 5:08 pm

It means you will be judged as a lazy loser and treated accordingly.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 1:05 am

I dont know, i mean, Ive met MANY "democratic" people who treat me just as badly as "republicans" would. They were pompous and selfish and made fun of me when I had no interest in their boring small talk drivel.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:00 am

It's hard to work out which would be worse...The tiny minority of the right who may be interested in the actions you suggested, or the left in general who, if they had their way, would have prevented (and wish to prevent in future) the birth of anyone who had the possibility of having a "disability" (or was the wrong gender or potentially wrong race [1]) through their promotion of abortion on request.

As to the agitation of minority groups, I must have missed where the right were singling out minorities, rather than speaking about "American Citizens" and those in the country who were not citizens (or those outside trying to get in). Most of the singling out of minorities, separating them into groups, and trying to cause dissent between group appears to come from the left. There is a difference between trying to single out non-citizens from citizens compared to singling out, for example, Hispanics (consisting of citizens and non citizens) and "whites". True, in the first case, there may be a high percentage of a given race in the "non-citizen" component, but that race also exists in the citizen component and no complaint/issue/problem was raised regarding them.

[1] As far as I can tell from the statistics published online (not being from the US), the abortion rate among non-whites is considerably higher than whites in the US...One of the few areas where a higher "death rate" among non-whites is condoned (or even applauded) by the left. Were the "alt right" behind this, I'm sure there would be comments about them trying to ensure only those who who met the ideals of the "master race" were valued.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:11 am

eugenics has been boosted from both the left and the right. that said, the right wingers that are against it, would instead do their normal bit of rudely shoving, with malice aforethought, all outlier square pegs, into round holes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
eugenics has been boosted from both the left and the right. that said, the right wingers that are against it, would instead do their normal bit of rudely shoving, with malice aforethought, all outlier square pegs, into round holes.

Eugenics is one of the foundation philosophies of the rising right wing movement in the 1920s and is deeply ingrained in the far right philosophy of "genetic purity".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Eugenics is one of the foundation philosophies of the rising right wing movement in the 1920s and is deeply ingrained in the far right philosophy of "genetic purity".

there comes a time and place where extreme left and extreme right meet somehow, they are more alike than different at that point. those are the people who would kill off people like me, and all the other outliers. margaret sanger [a leftie] and the reich both agreed about eugenics. hell, hitler was actually inspired by amuuurican eugenics boosters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:42 am

Claude Binet the inventor of the IQ test is also the father of eugenics and a believer in genetic hygiene which directly influenced the foundation of Nazi racial theory...Binet likely precipitated the worst organisation in the history of earth

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:56 am

judging by some of the bad side effects of their works, many of the best and brightest among us at best are moral imbeciles lacking the moral foresight to discern dangerous ramifications in what they have wrought. if binet and terman had not existed, would we today be lacking in any way as a human race?