MAGA Model Stripped of Miss Michigan title for racist tweets

Page 1 of 19 [ 298 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:27 am

In a particularly dumb attempt to sell her MAGA crudentials, beauty contestant and Miss Michigan Kathy Zhu was eventually stripped of her title for openly racist tweets.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/ca ... 4a5308e8cd

In a Twitter post on Thursday, Zhu said she had been stripped of her Miss Michigan title “due to my refusal to try on a hijab in 2018, my tweet about black on black gun violence, and ‘insensitive’ statistical tweets”.
One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

Honestly what does she expect?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:47 am

Who knew an Asian could be a white supremacist.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:51 am

You've never heard of racist Asians hating black people?

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 1:31 pm

So telling the truth is racist now. Will the fbi, atf and cdc be removed?
Hashtag remove the federal agencies

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:21 pm

sly279 wrote:

No, implying that a community of certain people can all be lumped together and their grievances dismissed for the actions of individuals is what's racist.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

No, implying that a community of certain people can all be lumped together and their grievances dismissed for the actions of individuals is what's racist.

Unless they are all being lumped together as ignorant white supremacist deplorables who commit the most terrorism against the US.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 6:20 pm

What did she say that is racist? Did you miss that bit out?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 6:56 pm

If someone says the majority of white deaths are caused by other whites, that is perfectly acceptable.

If someone says the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks, that is completely unacceptable and racist.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
If someone says the majority of white deaths are caused by other whites, that is perfectly acceptable.

If someone says the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks, that is completely unacceptable and racist.

You should read for context. The statement is not said in isolation. It's said in a particular context. What is that context?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:16 pm

I think Ezra is ignoring the context behind the contestant organisers removing her title.

There's a photo of her wearing a Trump MAGA cap at the University of Michigan which probably also unsettling the other beauty contestants and judges.

It's a particularly dumb thing she did because marginalising people who are already marginalized is not perceived as "beautiful" in a beauty contest. Like that Trump supporting bikini model killing endangered animals and standing over the carcass (that didn't go so well for her either).

I will give her some benefit of doubt as her cultural intelligence of how things are done in America must be poor, she thinks by "aping" the POTUS it will win her popularity. That's glaringly obvious the type of values Trump is trickling down to new Americans.

Quite sad really...

Last edited by cyberdad on 19 Jul 2019, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:17 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You should read for context. The statement is not said in isolation. It's said in a particular context. What is that context?

You tell me what context you see it in.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:19 pm

Why don't you tell us Ezra

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I think Ezra is ignoring the context behind the contestant organisers removing her title.

There's a photo of her wearing a Trump MAGA cap at the University of Michigan which probably also unsettling the other beauty contestants and judges.

It's a particularly dumb thing she did because marginalising people who are already marginalized is not perceived as "beautiful" in a beauty contest. Like that Trump supporting bikini model killing endangered animals and standing over the carcass (that didn't go so well for her either).

I will give her some benefit of doubt as her cultural intelligence of how things are done in America must be poor, she thinks by "aping" the POTUS it will win her popularity. That's glaringly obvious the type of values Trump is trickling down to new Americans.

Quite sad really...

So basically one is not allowed to be a Trump supporter or wear a cap that says "make america great again" and should be disqualified or fired for it etc.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:25 pm

EzraS wrote:

What you need to understand is that silicone valley has decided supporting Trump is racist and they are trying to program people to make sure he doesn't win again as exposed in the documentary. This is all very sinister and liberals will just make things even worse cause they never learn anything and just double down every single time.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:25 pm

Obviously wearing a MAGA cap in a beauty contest is not illegal but it hardly inspires confidence that the person has a brain

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Why don't you tell us Ezra

Because I am not the one bringing up context. The times that I do bring up context I explain what my interpretation is rather than play games.