El Paso mall shooting: At least 15 dead, 1 in custody

Page 5 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:17 am

Nope....Connor Betts is a "confirmed leftist"----the Trump thing won't happen with him. There's the sense that he was "a nut all on his own."

The Crosius guy had sort of an obsession with Trump and with immigration policies----so there will be some people who will blame Trump for "creating an atmosphere conducive" to this sort of act.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....Connor Betts is a "confirmed leftist"----the Trump thing won't happen with him. There's the sense that he was "a nut all on his own."

The Crosius guy had sort of an obsession with Trump and with immigration policies----so there will be some people who will blame Trump for "creating an atmosphere conducive" to this sort of act.

For what it is worth he made it clear in writing that Trump had nothing to do with it. And he was blaming Republicans for the problems he saw.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:32 am

He didn't blame Trump----and people won't blame Trump directly. That would be absurd.

But there will be "blame" attached to Trump for "creating an atmosphere conducive to the conditions which this country is facing now (e.g. mass murders)."

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
He didn't blame Trump----and people won't blame Trump directly. That would be absurd.

But there will be "blame" attached to Trump for "creating an atmosphere conducive to the conditions which this country is facing now (e.g. mass murders)."

https://i.redd.it/awrzj6yt4ce31.jpg

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 10:45 am

He had a sort of Trumpian view on this...…

That the news media are mostly a bunch of liberals who disseminate "fake news."

I, myself, am not blaming Trump or his policies for this. This guy came up with his crap all on his own.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 11:14 am

I do not think Trump necessarily coined the term fake news. For instance way before Trump Fox was being called Faux news.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 11:16 am

Anything is possible but unless somebody comes up with evidence this is a false flag or Russian instigated etc. why discuss it. People are capable of becoming white separatist terrorists all on their own.

Back on topic a bit
Based on his manifesto I think white separatist is probably a more accurate term for him than white nationalist. He wrote hispanics can be useful, his whole thing is race mixing is bad, the US needs to be split up based on race.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 05 Aug 2019, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 11:23 am

I have a felling that there are many from every race who despise race mixing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:07 pm

I’ve only met a few people who are actively hostile to “race mixing.”

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:11 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Any word on a motive?

It seems like the motive for the killing may be driven by radical environmentalism.

According to the manifesto he posted on-line shortly before Saturday's massacre he wrote:

“The environment is getting worse by the year,” the manifesto reads. “Most of y’all are just too stubborn to change your lifestyle. So the next logical step is to decrease the number of people in America using resources. If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can become more sustainable.”

He seems to share this view with another mass murderer Brenton Tarrant.

The manifesto explicitly cites the 74-page message posted online by the gunman charged with killing 51 worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March. That alleged shooter, Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year-old white Australian, thrice described himself as an “eco-fascist” motivated to repel waves of migrants fleeing climate change-ravaged regions of the world.

Source: El Paso Terrorism Suspect’s Alleged Manifesto Highlights Eco-Fascism’s Revival

So the younger generation is being told that global warming will mean they will be the last generation on Earth. The extinction clock is ticking. That there is no hope left. And as a result those under the influence of radical environmentalism both on the right (eco-fascist) and on the left (such as Extinction Rebellion) are coming out of the woodwork.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve only met a few people who are actively hostile to “race mixing.”

Those people are known as racists.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:45 pm

^^ That's absolutely correct :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:47 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Any word on a motive?

It seems like the motive for the killing may be driven by radical environmentalism.

According to the manifesto he posted on-line shortly before Saturday's massacre he wrote:

“The environment is getting worse by the year,” the manifesto reads. “Most of y’all are just too stubborn to change your lifestyle. So the next logical step is to decrease the number of people in America using resources. If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can become more sustainable.”

He seems to share this view with another mass murderer Brenton Tarrant.

The manifesto explicitly cites the 74-page message posted online by the gunman charged with killing 51 worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March. That alleged shooter, Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year-old white Australian, thrice described himself as an “eco-fascist” motivated to repel waves of migrants fleeing climate change-ravaged regions of the world.

Source: El Paso Terrorism Suspect’s Alleged Manifesto Highlights Eco-Fascism’s Revival

So the younger generation is being told that global warming will mean they will be the last generation on Earth. The extinction clock is ticking. That there is no hope left. And as a result those under the influence of radical environmentalism both on the right (eco-fascist) and on the left (such as Extinction Rebellion) are coming out of the woodwork.

He also was angry about immigrants, legal and illegal and angry about race mixing..so it kind of seems it was various extremist ideologies that influenced him.

That said Global Warming very well could mean that if it's not addressed...and I don't think Extinction Rebellion is an extremist group, they encourage peaceful protest not violence.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 1:27 pm

This guy seemed to have spent considerable time on the Internet trying to justify his views through "collaboration" with those who espouse the ideologies he believe in.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 1:36 pm

...The El Paso death toll is up to 22 now :(.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 2:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
That said Global Warming very well could mean that if it's not addressed...and I don't think Extinction Rebellion is an extremist group, they encourage peaceful protest not violence.

If they were a peaceful non-violent group then why would they threaten to close down Heathrow airport using drones to do so? If a drone flew into an aircraft it can cause a crash. How many lives would be lost if they "accidentally" destroy a 747? A Boeing 747 can carry between 416 and 660 passengers depending on the specific model. That would be an awful lot of innocent lives lost. This is definitely at variance with their stated peaceful goals.

The decimation of the environment is creating a massive burden for future generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environment by shamelessly over harvesting resources… Consumer culture is creating thousands of tons of unnecessary plastic waste and electronic waste, and recycling to help slow this down is almost non-existent. Urban sprawl creates inefficient cities which unnecessarily destroys millions of acres of land. We even use god knows how many trees worth of paper towels just wipe water off our hands … most of y’all are just too stubborn to change your lifestyle. So the next logical step is to decrease the number of people in America using resources. If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can become more sustainable.