Yet another mass shooting in Ohio this time!!

Page 6 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 1:32 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?

The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.

CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.

From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.

Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 1:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?

The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.

From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.

Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.

Did you miss the part where I said from my perspective? It seems like personal individual independent perspective is a foreign concept to you. Like one's thoughts must be a part of and governed by an organization.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 2:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Did you miss the part where I said from my perspective? It seems like personal individual independent perspective is a foreign concept to you. Like one's thoughts must be a part of and governed by an organization.

There are in fact millions of others with your perspective, just as there are millions with my perspective.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 2:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There are in fact millions of others with your perspective, just as there are millions with my perspective.

True. But I wanted to make it clear that I speak for myself not for a team. And that my opinions are not formed by a team.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 2:36 am

JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

There are problems with mass immigration and intentional liberal policies to anger conservatives as we found out from one of Tony Blair's speech writers. Then we have the media and their funders intentionally trying to divide and conquer people. Anyone relying on CNN for news isn't going to get anything credible. Let's see if these shooters have been big drug users or have an intelligence handler.

So basically, because liberal policies trigger reichwingers, it's all the liberals fault when right-wing terrorists and mass murderers act out? Calm down snowflake and stop making excuses for the inexcusable.

I'm not going to have a debate with children.

Worried they'd pants you too? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 2:53 am

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's not about gaining anything, it's just not caring who gets blown up. Though of course some has been intentional. And the problem is that the media doesn't hold the US accountable for its actions. If it did and questioned the lies before and during the wars it would have saved millions of lives.

While atrocities have happened on purpose (the bombing of Dresden comes to mind), it's unfair to say every killing of civilians was intentional, or even a matter of just not giving a f*ck. The fog of war is very real.

Plenty of examples where the "good guys" are forced to intentionally kill civilians...Dresden, Nagasaki, Laos, Vietnam, Iraq,

That's sarcasm, right?

Not really it's a statement of fact (although it depends on which side of the fence you might determine who are the "good guys")

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

True. But I wanted to make it clear that I speak for myself not for a team. And that my opinions are not formed by a team.

Granted.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 4:40 am

Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.

I mainly tune into dry straightforward news. The times I tune into CNN and Fox and the like, I feel like I am being deluged by propaganda, hyperbole and sensationalism.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 5:13 am

^No question.

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2019, 11:41 am

EzraS wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I mainly tune into dry straightforward news. The times I tune into CNN and Fox and the like, I feel like I am being deluged by propaganda, hyperbole and sensationalism.

Bingo (again)

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 1:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's not about gaining anything, it's just not caring who gets blown up. Though of course some has been intentional. And the problem is that the media doesn't hold the US accountable for its actions. If it did and questioned the lies before and during the wars it would have saved millions of lives.

While atrocities have happened on purpose (the bombing of Dresden comes to mind), it's unfair to say every killing of civilians was intentional, or even a matter of just not giving a f*ck. The fog of war is very real.

I didn't say that if you actually can read. The wars are always based on a pack of lies so every death can be blamed on the liars.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 1:25 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Plenty of examples where the "good guys" are forced to intentionally kill civilians...Dresden, Nagasaki, Laos, Vietnam, Iraq,

Yeah only in the eyes of a Nazi were killing millions justified or 'forced'.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 1:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 2:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I guess that's the thing. I tend to read the news and not watch it. Seems to me more news organizations report the actual news in print (unless it has the word Opinion in front of it, then throw out all journalistic integrity).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.

CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?