Yet another mass shooting in Ohio this time!!

Page 8 of 10 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,409
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.



CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Roboto
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 22 Jul 2019
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 258

06 Aug 2019, 3:12 pm

CNN, FOX and infowars are all cut from the same cloth in my view. Sensationalized hyperbole meant to trigger primal emotion ahead of rational thought.

Reading news has been my only way to feel comfortable digesting news. Everything on video feels like a salesperson selling me trash.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,081
Location: Illinois

06 Aug 2019, 3:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.



CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?


Look at what CNN is doing to Tulsi Gabbard at the moment. Their smearing a war veteran for telling the truth about the wars, because the so-called "journalists" on that network are every bit as bought and paid for as the corporate Dems, like Biden and Harris, they actively promote. Infowars is aburd most of the time, but at least they're not invested in maintaining the oligarchy. Yeah, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, etc., are far more dangerous because they're little more than propaganda networks.


_________________
If you embrace your inner child any harder, you'll suffocate the little bastard!


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,260
Location: Palestine

06 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm

Wasn't it them who gave Hillary a question before the debate? They bashed Trump for smearing a war veteran now they are smearing a war veteran.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,603
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Aug 2019, 4:35 pm

Some of the best news reporting in my opinion that I have come across exists on my local news radio stations KIRO and KOMO. I much prefer to listen to news on the radio than watch it on TV. Or to read it from Reuters and Associated Press.

This is an old video that youtube tossed my way, but I think it is just as relevant these days despite the old references.



Last edited by EzraS on 06 Aug 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,888
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Aug 2019, 4:37 pm

How about National Public Radio?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,603
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Aug 2019, 4:39 pm

NPR is good too. It is a bit more partisan but not full of crap.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,409
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Aug 2019, 10:57 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.



CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?


Look at what CNN is doing to Tulsi Gabbard at the moment. Their smearing a war veteran for telling the truth about the wars, because the so-called "journalists" on that network are every bit as bought and paid for as the corporate Dems, like Biden and Harris, they actively promote. Infowars is aburd most of the time, but at least they're not invested in maintaining the oligarchy. Yeah, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, etc., are far more dangerous because they're little more than propaganda networks.


Infowars claimed mass shootings never happened, and that the mourning survivors and loved ones were "crisis actors." CNN has never, ever stooped so low.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,939

07 Aug 2019, 3:56 am

This shooter was weird. He's a self-proclaimed leftist, Antifa, Elizabeth Warren supporter, etc., but at the same time he seemed to be very misogynistic:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40981.html

In high school, he kept "rape lists" of girls and "hit lists" of people he wanted to kill, and would intimidate the students on those lists:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40406.html

This article I think puts it into context pretty well:

Quote:
Connor Betts, 24, joins a long list of mass shooters with records of misogyny. Many have records of sexual assault or harassment of women, abusive behavior toward female family members and partners, and belonging to online misogynist communities.

As a high school student, Betts created two lists of students he wanted to target: Girls’ names were placed on a “rape list” and the boys’ were on a “hit list.” Sources told CNN that some of the female students had turned down Betts for dates; Others had no idea why he put them on the list.

A former classmate said Betts frequently called women “sluts” and talked about violence. One former classmate, Jessica Masseth, told the Daily Beast that he texted her to let her know she was on the list and in the texts, and spoke about “destruction and dismemberment.”

Betts performed during the past year with a band called Menstrual Munchies, known as a “pornogrind” or “goregrind” metal band. The music is often violent and dehumanizing toward women and girls. Song titles for Menstrual Munchies included “C*** Stuffed With Medical Waste – Sexual Abuse Of A Teenage Corpse” and “Preteen Daughter P**** Slaughter.” The album art included images of a woman’s bloody and headless body chained to a bed and an illustration of a woman eating feces.


https://thinkprogress.org/ohio-shooter- ... 50afe5a40/

It's notable the gunman killed his sister in the shooting, though it's unknown whether it was his intent to kill her or if she just got caught up in it.


_________________
I stand with our American citizens living abroad. We need to move to residence-based taxation.


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,798
Location: Long Island, New York

07 Aug 2019, 4:14 am

beneficii wrote:
This shooter was weird. He's a self-proclaimed leftist, Antifa, Elizabeth Warren supporter, etc., but at the same time he seemed to be very misogynistic:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40981.html

In high school, he kept "rape lists" of girls and "hit lists" of people he wanted to kill, and would intimidate the students on those lists:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40406.html

This article I think puts it into context pretty well:

Quote:
Connor Betts, 24, joins a long list of mass shooters with records of misogyny. Many have records of sexual assault or harassment of women, abusive behavior toward female family members and partners, and belonging to online misogynist communities.

As a high school student, Betts created two lists of students he wanted to target: Girls’ names were placed on a “rape list” and the boys’ were on a “hit list.” Sources told CNN that some of the female students had turned down Betts for dates; Others had no idea why he put them on the list.

A former classmate said Betts frequently called women “sluts” and talked about violence. One former classmate, Jessica Masseth, told the Daily Beast that he texted her to let her know she was on the list and in the texts, and spoke about “destruction and dismemberment.”

Betts performed during the past year with a band called Menstrual Munchies, known as a “pornogrind” or “goregrind” metal band. The music is often violent and dehumanizing toward women and girls. Song titles for Menstrual Munchies included “C*** Stuffed With Medical Waste – Sexual Abuse Of A Teenage Corpse” and “Preteen Daughter P**** Slaughter.” The album art included images of a woman’s bloody and headless body chained to a bed and an illustration of a woman eating feces.


https://thinkprogress.org/ohio-shooter- ... 50afe5a40/

It's notable the gunman killed his sister in the shooting, though it's unknown whether it was his intent to kill her or if she just got caught up in it.


Another words a “Bernie Bro” stereotype.

Like the Las Vegas concert shooter this might be a case where we never find out the motive.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,447

07 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
[

Another words a “Bernie Bro” stereotype.

Like the Las Vegas concert shooter this might be a case where we never find out the motive.


I think it would unfair to cast this guy as some type of democrat stalwart. He might be from a working class family and so naturally hates the GOP, could have picked it up from his parents.

His rape list/kill list and need to mass murder stems from something deeper, It's not like the other shooters who are claiming to fight for the white race like Tarrant and the El Paso guy so targeted ethnics.



ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,055
Location: Santa Cruz , CA , USA

17 Aug 2019, 2:05 am

beneficii wrote:
This shooter was weird. He's a self-proclaimed leftist, Antifa, Elizabeth Warren supporter, etc., but at the same time he seemed to be very misogynistic:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40981.html

In high school, he kept "rape lists" of girls and "hit lists" of people he wanted to kill, and would intimidate the students on those lists:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40406.html

This article I think puts it into context pretty well:

Quote:
Connor Betts, 24, joins a long list of mass shooters with records of misogyny. Many have records of sexual assault or harassment of women, abusive behavior toward female family members and partners, and belonging to online misogynist communities.

As a high school student, Betts created two lists of students he wanted to target: Girls’ names were placed on a “rape list” and the boys’ were on a “hit list.” Sources told CNN that some of the female students had turned down Betts for dates; Others had no idea why he put them on the list.

A former classmate said Betts frequently called women “sluts” and talked about violence. One former classmate, Jessica Masseth, told the Daily Beast that he texted her to let her know she was on the list and in the texts, and spoke about “destruction and dismemberment.”

Betts performed during the past year with a band called Menstrual Munchies, known as a “pornogrind” or “goregrind” metal band. The music is often violent and dehumanizing toward women and girls. Song titles for Menstrual Munchies included “C*** Stuffed With Medical Waste – Sexual Abuse Of A Teenage Corpse” and “Preteen Daughter P**** Slaughter.” The album art included images of a woman’s bloody and headless body chained to a bed and an illustration of a woman eating feces.


https://thinkprogress.org/ohio-shooter- ... 50afe5a40/

It's notable the gunman killed his sister in the shooting, though it's unknown whether it was his intent to kill her or if she just got caught up in it.







...It has been revealed that the murdered sibling of the Dayton shooter was a transgender male ' though according to what do read, he was not " out " to either their parents or the shooter as such. only to some friend's although with such a bizarre development (stated trans-ness that had not been revealed) 8O. after the main action. who knows???8)


_________________
Renal kidney failure, congestive heart failure, COPD. Can't really get up from a floor position unhelped anymore:-(.
One of the walking wounded ~ SMASHED DOWN by life and age, now prevented from even expressing myself! SOB.
" Oh, no! First you have to PROVE you deserve to go away to college! " ~ My mother, 1978 (the heyday of Andy Gibb and Player). I would still like to go.:-(
My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,409
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

17 Aug 2019, 4:38 am

We just had a mass shooting here in Spokane Valley. The shooter had opened fire at a work place down the road from me, following setting off a stun grenade. Apparently a police officer was nearby, because he arrived at the scene and engaged in a gun battle, mortally wounding the shooter. The shooter was the only casualty.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,055
Location: Santa Cruz , CA , USA

17 Aug 2019, 5:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
We just had a mass shooting here in Spokane Valley. The shooter had opened fire at a work place down the road from me, following setting off a stun grenade. Apparently a police officer was nearby, because he arrived at the scene and engaged in a gun battle, mortally wounding the shooter. The shooter was the only casualty.







...Where? Got a link?


_________________
Renal kidney failure, congestive heart failure, COPD. Can't really get up from a floor position unhelped anymore:-(.
One of the walking wounded ~ SMASHED DOWN by life and age, now prevented from even expressing myself! SOB.
" Oh, no! First you have to PROVE you deserve to go away to college! " ~ My mother, 1978 (the heyday of Andy Gibb and Player). I would still like to go.:-(
My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,409
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

17 Aug 2019, 5:38 am

ASS-P wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
We just had a mass shooting here in Spokane Valley. The shooter had opened fire at a work place down the road from me, following setting off a stun grenade. Apparently a police officer was nearby, because he arrived at the scene and engaged in a gun battle, mortally wounding the shooter. The shooter was the only casualty.







...Where? Got a link?


https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... n-shooting

https://www.khq.com/news/active-shooter ... 26a5c.html


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer