Yet another mass shooting in Ohio this time!!

Page 2 of 10 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 11:41 am

That’s true, too.

It’s popular in Puerto Rico.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 1:45 pm

Dayton Shooting: 9 victims killed in Oregon District identified

Quote:
The number of injured in Sunday morning’s shooting in the Oregon District has increased to 27, according to Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley.

Connor Betts, 24, of Bellbrook has been identified as the suspected shooter in the Oregon District, government sources have confirmed to this news outlet.

Several law enforcement officers are conducting an investigation at a home Creekview Place, connected to the mass shooting. Officials only said the investigation is connected to the shooting and other details could not be released.

The sister of the suspected Oregon District shooter is among the nine victims killed, according to Dayton police.

Five men and four women were killed in the mass shooting Sunday morning, police said:

Lois Oglesby, 27.

Megan Betts, 22. She was the sister of the suspected shooter, identified as Connor Betts.

Saeed Saleh, 38.

Derrick Fudge, 57.

Logan Turner, 30.

Nicholas Cumer, 25.

Thomas McNichols, 25.

Beatrice Warren-Curtis, 36.

Monica Brickhouse, 39.

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum" - The Specials

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 04 Aug 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 1:46 pm

No motive yet?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 1:48 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
No motive yet?

Dayton shooting: What we know about the gunman
Quote:
Connor Betts, the man authorities say killed nine people and injured 26, was bullied when he was a student at a suburban Dayton, Ohio, high school.

A classmate, Laura Wakeley, said that Betts responded by making up a list of people at the school he wanted to shoot in 2010 or 2011. "He had a plan to shoot up the high school," she told reporters near the home of Betts' parents.

Betts is accused of killing his sister, Megan, 22, during the shooting spree early Sunday morning in Dayton's Oregon entertainment district. School officials eventually let Connor Betts back into school, she said. The Betts family has lived in Bellbrook "for a number of years," said Police Chief Doug Doherty, adding that the Betts "are long-time residents."

Other details about the life and possible motive of shooter Betts, 24, were coming into focus on Sunday afternoon.

Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said Betts wore body armor and was armed with a "high capacity" assault-style rifle and extra magazines.

Online records show that Betts had at least two minor run-ins with Ohio law enforcement authorities.

In February 2014, the Centerville Police Department charged him with driving 58 miles per hour in a 40 miles per hour zone. He received a court waiver for the minor misdemeanor, the records show.

Similarly, Centerville Police charged him with driving 51 miles per hour in a 35 miles per hour zone in June 2013. Betts also received a court waiver for that misdemeanor, the records show.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 1:57 pm

He killed his own sister.....

I bet it was something to do with not liking her boyfriend or something....

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:10 pm

When I was a teen I read a lot of science fiction. One novel, set in the distant future had as a common occurrence people who went nuts, climbed up on tall buildings and shot people randomly. I remember thinking how awful that would be and I hoped it would never happen in my time....

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
No motive yet?

yeah this guy is a mystery.

Attending college, regarded highly by neighbors and employers, successful at multiple jobs …

then BLOWS UP somehow ….

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:41 pm

Dayton Daily News

Quote:
Within 20 seconds, officers had engaged with the shooter and within 30 seconds he was “neutralized”, Biehl said. Police are showing videos and playing 911 calls received into dispatch. The suspect, Connor Betts, was wearing a mask, body armor and hearing protection. He used a .223 caliber rifle with rounded, circular ammo barrels, Biehl said.

One victim was shot in an alley before shooting and killing eight others on East Fifth Street. The suspect was shot and killed by officers as he attempted to run into Ned Peppers, video shown by police during the update shows.

A 2007 gray Toyota Corolla was the vehicle the suspect drove and was parked nearby.

Biehl said it is too early in the investigation to speculate on a motive.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ohio-shooting/index.html
Quote:
Authorities have found writings linked to Dayton, Ohio, shooting suspect Connor Betts that show he had an interest in killing people, two federal law enforcement sources told CNN. A preliminary assessment of the writings, found during the execution of a search warrant, did not indicate any racial or political motive, the sources said.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 4:20 pm

Supposedly, this guy had problems. He was bullied around 2011, apparently—and he had made plans to shoot up a school.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 4:30 pm

I've since learned on the news that the guy had written a white nationalist rant on the internet shortly before going on his killing spree. I personally think he was immediately inspired by what had happened in Texas only hours before.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 4:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've since learned on the news that the guy had written a white nationalist rant on the internet shortly before going on his killing spree. I personally think he was immediately inspired by what had happened in Texas only hours before.

link please

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 4:47 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

link please

Turn on CNN, unless you've blocked that channel.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 5:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

link please

Shooter armed with a mask, bulletproof vest and hearing protection, police chief said - CNN
Quote:
Local and federal law enforcement sources served a search warrant on Betts' family home in Bellbrook.
During the search, authorities found writings linked to the shooter that show he had an interest in killing people, two federal law enforcement sources told CNN. A preliminary assessment of the writings did not indicate any racial or political motive, the sources said.

He added: "We have no evidence [that] suggests that there is a bias motive in this crime at this time"

Maybe it was a quest commentator making that link.
IMHO the targeting and background of the shooter is more suggestive of misogyny/Incel or personal beef then white nationalism. We shall see.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:03 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

link please

Shooter armed with a mask, bulletproof vest and hearing protection, police chief said - CNN
Quote:
Local and federal law enforcement sources served a search warrant on Betts' family home in Bellbrook.
During the search, authorities found writings linked to the shooter that show he had an interest in killing people, two federal law enforcement sources told CNN. A preliminary assessment of the writings did not indicate any racial or political motive, the sources said.

He added: "We have no evidence [that] suggests that there is a bias motive in this crime at this time"

Maybe it was a quest commentator making that link.
IMHO the targeting and background of the shooter is more suggestive of misogyny/Incel or personal beef then white nationalism. We shall see.

It is a possibility that someone may have misspoken when one of the talking heads was giving an opinion about the two incidents. If that's CNN's story, I'll trust them to make trustworthy reporting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:37 pm

His sister was killed. The guy might not have liked the boyfriend of the sister.