Yet another mass shooting in Ohio this time!!

Page 7 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,483
Location: west coast

06 Aug 2019, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.


Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.


Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.


_________________
"Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power."


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,551
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.


Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.


Did you miss the part where I said from my perspective? It seems like personal individual independent perspective is a foreign concept to you. Like one's thoughts must be a part of and governed by an organization.


There are in fact millions of others with your perspective, just as there are millions with my perspective.


True. But I wanted to make it clear that I speak for myself not for a team. And that my opinions are not formed by a team.


Granted.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Aug 2019, 4:40 am

Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.


Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.


Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.


I mainly tune into dry straightforward news. The times I tune into CNN and Fox and the like, I feel like I am being deluged by propaganda, hyperbole and sensationalism.



Magna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,932

06 Aug 2019, 5:13 am

^No question.


_________________
"There is no love of living without despair of life." - Albert Camus

"Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world
I'm nothing but a stranger in this world" -Van Morrison

"Are you Bluish? You don't look Bluish."

AQ-43 (32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism).
EQ-14 out of 80
Rdos: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 173 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 22 Jul 2019
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 336

06 Aug 2019, 11:41 am

EzraS wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.


Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.


Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.


I mainly tune into dry straightforward news. The times I tune into CNN and Fox and the like, I feel like I am being deluged by propaganda, hyperbole and sensationalism.


Bingo (again)



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

06 Aug 2019, 1:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's not about gaining anything, it's just not caring who gets blown up. Though of course some has been intentional. And the problem is that the media doesn't hold the US accountable for its actions. If it did and questioned the lies before and during the wars it would have saved millions of lives.


While atrocities have happened on purpose (the bombing of Dresden comes to mind), it's unfair to say every killing of civilians was intentional, or even a matter of just not giving a f*ck. The fog of war is very real.


I didn't say that if you actually can read. The wars are always based on a pack of lies so every death can be blamed on the liars.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

06 Aug 2019, 1:25 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's not about gaining anything, it's just not caring who gets blown up. Though of course some has been intentional. And the problem is that the media doesn't hold the US accountable for its actions. If it did and questioned the lies before and during the wars it would have saved millions of lives.


While atrocities have happened on purpose (the bombing of Dresden comes to mind), it's unfair to say every killing of civilians was intentional, or even a matter of just not giving a f*ck. The fog of war is very real.


Plenty of examples where the "good guys" are forced to intentionally kill civilians...Dresden, Nagasaki, Laos, Vietnam, Iraq,


Yeah only in the eyes of a Nazi were killing millions justified or 'forced'.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

06 Aug 2019, 1:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,483
Location: west coast

06 Aug 2019, 2:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


From my perspective CNN besmirches itself along with Fox and all the other ratings hungry biased cable news network circuses.


Only according to CNN's critics. And even Fox has some legitimate news reporters like Shep Smith, though they're overshadowed by the Alt-Right opinion talking heads.


Ignore the talking heads whose job is to put spin on things and create controversy. Fox News is a reputable news source as is CNN.


I mainly tune into dry straightforward news. The times I tune into CNN and Fox and the like, I feel like I am being deluged by propaganda, hyperbole and sensationalism.


I guess that's the thing. I tend to read the news and not watch it. Seems to me more news organizations report the actual news in print (unless it has the word Opinion in front of it, then throw out all journalistic integrity).


_________________
"Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power."


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,551
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.



CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 22 Jul 2019
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 336

06 Aug 2019, 3:12 pm

CNN, FOX and infowars are all cut from the same cloth in my view. Sensationalized hyperbole meant to trigger primal emotion ahead of rational thought.

Reading news has been my only way to feel comfortable digesting news. Everything on video feels like a salesperson selling me trash.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,457
Location: Illinois

06 Aug 2019, 3:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When it comes to media outlets setting people on a suicide course, CNN hardly fits that criteria.
Yes, it's what law enforcement reports that matters. When has CNN ever contradicted that?


The old jump off a bridge analogy has to do with letting others do your thinking for you. Going along with whatever without questioning it.

If any news source tells me something, I want to know how they obtained that info. Such as if it was by way of law enforcement providing the details of a forensic examination, or if it was by way of hearsay based on a tip from an anonymous source or something along those lines.

Rather than, the bible CNN said it, I believe it, that settles it.


CNN in fact has a very good rep for collecting sound information, then reporting it as is. It's Trump's fan club that has besmirched CNN's reputation with false charges and imagined wrong doings.


CNN is worse than Infowars. And no that's more B.S. You just ignore any information that doesn't go along with what you already believe. Progressive Bernie fans chanted "CNN sucks". Jimmy Dore has big shows in California where they are all laughing and mocking how awful CNN is. You are being played.



CNN is worse than Infowars - - a bit of hyperbole, now?


Look at what CNN is doing to Tulsi Gabbard at the moment. Their smearing a war veteran for telling the truth about the wars, because the so-called "journalists" on that network are every bit as bought and paid for as the corporate Dems, like Biden and Harris, they actively promote. Infowars is aburd most of the time, but at least they're not invested in maintaining the oligarchy. Yeah, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, etc., are far more dangerous because they're little more than propaganda networks.


_________________
Voter shaming is a tactic of the hyper-partisan who is unable to counter arguments based on facts and critical thinking.


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

06 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm

Wasn't it them who gave Hillary a question before the debate? They bashed Trump for smearing a war veteran now they are smearing a war veteran.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Aug 2019, 4:35 pm

Some of the best news reporting in my opinion that I have come across exists on my local news radio stations KIRO and KOMO. I much prefer to listen to news on the radio than watch it on TV. Or to read it from Reuters and Associated Press.

This is an old video that youtube tossed my way, but I think it is just as relevant these days despite the old references.



Last edited by EzraS on 06 Aug 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,862
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Aug 2019, 4:37 pm

How about National Public Radio?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Aug 2019, 4:39 pm

NPR is good too. It is a bit more partisan but not full of crap.