Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 3:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
... No one has the right to block another person's entrance into a facility, abortion clinic, etc...
Actually, they do -- under limited circumstances, of course. Otherwise, no labor union could ever be allowed to form a picket line. True, physically restraining someone from entering their place of business could get them arrested, and trespassing charges could be brought against them if they do it on private property, but I've been on picket lines where we locked arms in a line to prevent delivery trucks from getting anywhere near a loading dock, and no one could do anything about it as long as we stayed between the sidewalk and the street.
Well, we could go with the 'right' to do whatever you want, but don't b***h about the consequences of exercising that right. You cannot predict what sort of individuals you may come up against. If protesters pit their will against a nut job, they just might get run over. And then scream about the injustice while recovering in a body cast... John Wayne said it best, "if you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough." If a person is minding their own business and gets run over, they'll have all my sympathy. But the very notion of putting oneself in harms way, to protect others, is accepting the danger. If an individual stands in a road, knowing roads are for vehicles, they're a dipshit. If they equate standing in a vehicle entrance with bravery, then be brave.
That's a good point. If you're going to fight for a cause, be prepared to face the consequences.
Absolutely! So if your way of fighting for your cause is to run over people who are standing between you and your destination, then you had better be prepared to face the consequences of criminal charges and civil lawsuits.

Agreed, and it works both ways. If protestors want to fight against injustice they need backbone.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 3:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
... No one has the right to block another person's entrance into a facility, abortion clinic, etc...
Actually, they do -- under limited circumstances, of course. Otherwise, no labor union could ever be allowed to form a picket line. True, physically restraining someone from entering their place of business could get them arrested, and trespassing charges could be brought against them if they do it on private property, but I've been on picket lines where we locked arms in a line to prevent delivery trucks from getting anywhere near a loading dock, and no one could do anything about it as long as we stayed between the sidewalk and the street.
Well, we could go with the 'right' to do whatever you want, but don't b***h about the consequences of exercising that right. You cannot predict what sort of individuals you may come up against. If protesters pit their will against a nut job, they just might get run over. And then scream about the injustice while recovering in a body cast... John Wayne said it best, "if you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough." If a person is minding their own business and gets run over, they'll have all my sympathy. But the very notion of putting oneself in harms way, to protect others, is accepting the danger. If an individual stands in a road, knowing roads are for vehicles, they're a dipshit. If they equate standing in a vehicle entrance with bravery, then be brave.
That's a good point. If you're going to fight for a cause, be prepared to face the consequences.
Absolutely! So if your way of fighting for your cause is to run over people who are standing between you and your destination, then you had better be prepared to face the consequences of criminal charges and civil lawsuits.

There's a big difference between a killer ploughing into a crowd in Charlottesville and a truck inching forward trying to get to work.

I will be surprised if any legal trouble comes against this man. Other kinds of trouble though... They know who he is. You can see it in my link.

I don't think this man wanted to run anyone over. He just wanted to go to work. If I stand in the middle of the road and get knocked down, the fault is with me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 3:49 pm

Some people will consistently side with the more powerful aggressors acting on selfish impulse against those whose personal sacrifice is for a higher cause.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm

I'm remembering seeing videos of protestors siding with Martin Luther King during the Civil Rights Movement getting beaten by police. They were beaten and even had cops spraying them with firehoses. Those people TRULY had backbone and felt that the dangerous risk to fight for equality and fair treatment of everyone in America was worth it. Same goes for the people in India and South Africa who sided with Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.

We need a lot more people with that kind of fighting spirit to protest!

Last edited by TheCherokeeRosePrince on 15 Aug 2019, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 3:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
Some people will consistently side with the more powerful aggressors acting on selfish impulse against those whose personal sacrifice is for a higher cause.

The protesters are the aggressors here. They picked this fight and selfishly blocked that road.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 3:59 pm

Drake wrote:
Fnord wrote:

The protesters are the aggressors here. They picked this fight and selfishly blocked that road.

The ICE pissed them off by violating basic human rights.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 4:08 pm

Drake wrote:
Fnord wrote:

No that's not what this is about. Unless you're thinking open borders is a basic human right. ICE could never be good enough for these people.

Take a look on their website.

https://www.neveragainaction.com

Quote:
We've been taught the signs by our ancestors. As our government runs concentration camps, and rounds up and cages our neighbors, we are called to speak out: #NeverAgainIsNow. Please join us and our immigrant allies in the fight to #ShutDownICE, #CloseTheCamps and stop the roundups and deportations.

They want ICE shut down. Destroyed. These people are under a delusion that they're fighting nazis.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 4:11 pm

Drake wrote:
These people are under a delusion that they're fighting nazis.

What delusion? :lol:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 4:16 pm

Fnord wrote:

Oh the irony!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 4:18 pm

Drake wrote:
Drake wrote:
Fnord wrote:

No that's not what this is about. Unless you're thinking open borders is a basic human right. ICE could never be good enough for these people.

Take a look on their website.

https://www.neveragainaction.com

Quote:
We've been taught the signs by our ancestors. As our government runs concentration camps, and rounds up and cages our neighbors, we are called to speak out: #NeverAgainIsNow. Please join us and our immigrant allies in the fight to #ShutDownICE, #CloseTheCamps and stop the roundups and deportations.

They want ICE shut down. Destroyed. These people are under a delusion that they're fighting nazis.

These brainwashed mobs just see Nazis everywhere but don't say a damn thing about Obama supporting Neo Nazis in Ukraine. They should be ignored and get out of the road.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 4:24 pm

Drake wrote:

Don't know what I'm supposed to do with you. It's like someone telling me the sky is green. It should be self evident that it isn't.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 4:36 pm

Drake wrote:
Drake wrote:

Don't know what I'm supposed to do with you. It's like someone telling me the sky is green. It should be self evident that it isn't.

I dunno, right now where I live its storming and the sky looks grey. :D

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 4:38 pm

Evidence to prove my claim. :D

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 5:49 pm

Protestors don’t have right to block traffic, so round cars and begging hitting the cars.

Imagine yourself surrounded by MAGA protestors banging on your car, what would any of you do? Probably run them over to get out of there before they pull you out and bash your head in. It’s no different for anti trump protestors or any other mob of people who surround others.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 5:56 pm

I'm remembering seeing videos of protestors siding with Martin Luther King during the Civil Rights Movement getting beaten by police. They were beaten and even had cops spraying them with firehoses. Those people TRULY had backbone and felt that the dangerous risk to fight for equality and fair treatment of everyone in America was worth it. Same goes for the people in India and South Africa who sided with Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.

We need a lot more people with that kind of fighting spirit to protest!

I’m remembering a truck driver being pulled from his truck and nearly beaten to death.
I’m remembering videos of protesters smashing peoples windows and beating them.
Blocking cars then hitting them isn’t protesting.

Picket lines can’t physical stop people from entering a building. Preventing someone free travel is kidnapping in my state. Someone being kidnapped can use any thing needed to escape and defend themselves.

This s**t is why I never go to Portland. Both worth ending up dead to see anything in that city or any other city that allows these “protests”(violent mobs)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:05 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Fnord wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
... So, the guard pulled up to them, honked, and slowly drove forward...
... deliberately knocking down and running over those who stood in his way.

Just like what happened in Charlottesville.

In this incident, the truck was barely moving forward.

The guard was just trying to get to his job.

The protestors had ample time to get out of the way of a moving truck.

So, no arrest made.

Next time someone needs to stand their ground. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う