Nude Pics In Phone Lost At McDonald's End Up Online

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,983
Location: California

26 Nov 2008, 6:18 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/2 ... 45872.html

8O I knew they were sleazy...but wow.



hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,138
Location: On the Road Less Traveled

26 Nov 2008, 6:27 pm

I never understood why people liked taking nude pics of each other. It's too hard to control where they go! Do any of you remember what happened to Vanessa Williams, when she won the Miss America pageant? And even if you're married, you see each other every day. Why take nude pics? :roll: If it were me, and I was the subject of the photos, I would be terrified of something like this happening!


_________________
Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.
-- Dr. Dale Turner


pakled
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,015

26 Nov 2008, 7:08 pm

what are the odds?...;)



ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 977
Location: Stranger in a strange land

26 Nov 2008, 7:14 pm

That person was a stupid fool. They screwed themselves.

Doesn't anyone have any idea what electronic cameras do?

Let's compare similar situations:
#1-He left these pictures where children could find them!
#2-He made obscene phone calls on "a picture phone"
#3-He practically created his own porn site with a "camera connected to a network"
#4-Finders Keepers?
#5-Who thinks it's kinky to Fk in an elevator, while many elevators have TV cameras?
#6-Who doesn't take seriously the government wiretapping scandal?
#7-Even if you have your own digital camera then it's possible for other people to hack into your computer and see your pictures.
#8-If you use Windows, it typically remembers every picture you look at.
#9-If you don't use Windows, your ISP logs your IP address and the IP addresses of sites you visit.
#10-It is more likely than not that every picture you take with a phone is backed up by your phone company.
... ad infinitum!
Summary:This person alone made and broadcasted the embarrassing pictures.

It is technically incorrect to believe that a communication device only communicates between yourself and someone with which you intend to communicate.
It is technically incorrect to simply ASSUME that a message which hasn't been received by someone you intended to send it to exists only in the sending device.
If you accidentally put the wrong message in the mail, it accidentally goes somewhere!



greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

26 Nov 2008, 7:33 pm

What a great idea, to make easy money, rather than creating a porn site, $3 million dollars for damage and embarassment, as easy as that, you just have to leave your cell phone and there it is. ;)

Seriously, why on earth McDonalds have to pay a single cent for that BS?

It wouldn't hurt to get a look at those pictures by the way.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 977
Location: Stranger in a strange land

26 Nov 2008, 7:40 pm

greenblue wrote:
What a great idea, to make easy money, rather than creating a porn site, $3 million dollars for damage and embarassment, as easy as that, you just have to leave your cell phone and there it is. ;)

Seriously, why on earth McDonalds have to pay a single cent for that BS?


I'm SURE McDonalds has lawyers smarter than me and that fool!



ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,983
Location: California

26 Nov 2008, 7:47 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
I never understood why people liked taking nude pics of each other. It's too hard to control where they go! Do any of you remember what happened to Vanessa Williams, when she won the Miss America pageant? And even if you're married, you see each other every day. Why take nude pics? :roll: If it were me, and I was the subject of the photos, I would be terrified of something like this happening!
Me too. That's why i'd never take them.



TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,669
Location: New England

26 Nov 2008, 8:11 pm

Why should he be able to sue for $3 million dollars?


_________________
Sleepless gliding


ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,983
Location: California

26 Nov 2008, 8:19 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Why should he be able to sue for $3 million dollars?
That is a lot of money. Nut the people at Mcdonalds said they would hold onto the phone, and they did not. instead they uploaded his pictures onto the web, and looked at his personal information.



ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 977
Location: Stranger in a strange land

26 Nov 2008, 9:08 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Why should he be able to sue for $3 million dollars?
That is a lot of money. Nut the people at Mcdonalds said they would hold onto the phone, and they did not. instead they uploaded his pictures onto the web, and looked at his personal information.


Let's say he visited YOU and lost his phone there.
Then lots of other people visit you and one of them finds a phone.
Then you hear from someone who lost a phone at your house.
That's all you know about it.

What did YOU do wrong? How are YOU responsible for his embarrassment?



ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,983
Location: California

26 Nov 2008, 10:20 pm

ValMikeSmith wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Why should he be able to sue for $3 million dollars?
That is a lot of money. but the people at Mcdonalds said they would hold onto the phone, and they did not. instead they uploaded his pictures onto the web, and looked at his personal information.


Let's say he visited YOU and lost his phone there.
Then lots of other people visit you and one of them finds a phone.
Then you hear from someone who lost a phone at your house.
That's all you know about it.

What did YOU do wrong? How are YOU responsible for his embarrassment?
They said they would hold the phone for him. They obviously didn't do what they said they were going to!



ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 977
Location: Stranger in a strange land

26 Nov 2008, 11:31 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
ValMikeSmith wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Why should he be able to sue for $3 million dollars?
That is a lot of money. but the people at Mcdonalds said they would hold onto the phone, and they did not. instead they uploaded his pictures onto the web, and looked at his personal information.


Let's say he visited YOU and lost his phone there.
Then lots of other people visit you and one of them finds a phone.
Then you hear from someone who lost a phone at your house.
That's all you know about it.

What did YOU do wrong? How are YOU responsible for his embarrassment?
They said they would hold the phone for him. They obviously didn't do what they said they were going to!

Quiz:
Somebody put pictures on the internet, AND:
Where is the phone?
a.McDonalds has the phone.
b.McDonalds gave the phone to him.
c.McDonalds never had the phone.
d.McDonalds got rid of the phone. <<BROKEN PROMISE



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,046
Location: Missouri

27 Nov 2008, 3:20 am

Wait McDonald's gotta hold of the phone or a worker?

Pretty stupid to sue McDonald's if this was done by an individual....

Well it's like they say, don't leave your personal belongings out to where strangers can grab a hold of it. Looks like they got more than they could bargain for...


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,480
Location: Portland, Oregon

29 Nov 2008, 3:58 pm

That was a obscenely stupid thing to do...

This is a case of "Keep your Belongings with You."

And this is another case of "Don't Trust McDonalds."


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 13
Location: SoCal

27 Aug 2019, 3:44 pm

Never take a photo you be wouldn't mind having show up on the internet.

Simple, right?

Maybe he was setting up McDonald's for a lawsuit and counting on human nature to make it happen. Under the law, employers can be held responsible for employees' actions. I don't think it applies here but I'm not a lawyer.