Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 13 of 43 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 43  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 5:43 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If you are going to troll raptor at least don't leave a broken link

There is nothing wrong with that link. Now go order some and apply it liberally.

Actually, the link was broken for me, too, until about 5 minutes ago. Here is the link in question:

https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/D ... 152290.jpg

I wonder what FJCDN is. When I type in fjcdn.com, I get a 403 Forbidden error. So, maybe it's some top secret conservative web forum that Raptor and Ezra like to post on?

Are you kidding? We own it.

So, then, mere minutes ago, either you or Raptor fixed the permissions so that it would show on WrongPlanet. Because before that, it was like this:

EDIT: Or, to put it more precisely, so that it would show for someone who isn't already authenticated for that web server.

The image in question comes from an image sharing site called funnyjunk.com aka FJ. There was nothing wrong with the structure of link itself that I could see as far as the usual stuff that keeps an image from appearing. My guess is that it's a Cloudflair issue.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Empathy is something conservatives too often hold in contempt

Only from a naïve, give me candy, child-like perspective.

Or maybe that perspective is shared by greedy conservative rich people who feel that as they've got theirs, then they don't have to share with the "undeserving."

When a liberal pleas, "GIVE ME MONEY OR THE WORLD ENDS"
or in this article, "GIVE US FREE HEALTH CARE OR WE DIE".

The conservative has the maturity to see ….

1. Likely, the world won't end.
2. Likely, money (charity) doesn't solve the base problem.
3. Dependence breeds dependence.
4. Money (charity) given to unappreciative people is distasteful.
5. There's no pot of gold with FREE MONEY that we just reach in and take from.

The greatest compassion we can show these people is how NOT TO GET THEMSELVES INTO THIS BAD SITUATION.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:19 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If you are going to troll raptor at least don't leave a broken link

There is nothing wrong with that link. Now go order some and apply it liberally.

Actually, the link was broken for me, too, until about 5 minutes ago. Here is the link in question:

https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/D ... 152290.jpg

I wonder what FJCDN is. When I type in fjcdn.com, I get a 403 Forbidden error. So, maybe it's some top secret conservative web forum that Raptor and Ezra like to post on?

Are you kidding? We own it.

So, then, mere minutes ago, either you or Raptor fixed the permissions so that it would show on WrongPlanet. Because before that, it was like this:

EDIT: Or, to put it more precisely, so that it would show for someone who isn't already authenticated for that web server.

The image in question comes from an image sharing site called funnyjunk.com aka FJ. There was nothing wrong with the structure of link itself that I could see as far as the usual stuff that keeps an image from appearing. My guess is that it's a Cloudflair issue.

It's not a CloudFlair issue if the link is not from WrongPlanet, unless you mean to say that FJ is also on CloudFlair.

I use Imgur all the time and haven't had any issues.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:51 pm

Caught! Raptor and Ezra reposting from a far right dark web site....Where's the FBI when you need them?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm

Imgur rocks.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Caught! Raptor and Ezra reposting from a far right dark web site....Where's the FBI when you need them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 7:57 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
[

The greatest compassion we can show these people is how NOT TO GET THEMSELVES INTO THIS BAD SITUATION.

Why do keep thinking the world would benefit from perpetual conservative government? conservative thinking is what had great scientists like Galileo and Copernicus strung up as heretics. Conservative greedy capitalists would have left the working class to die at 30yrs of age from incurable lung disease from forced child labor digging up coal. By coincidence conservatives continue to protect the dirty industries of petroleum and coal at the expense of climate change.

Every single workers right or civil right for minorities is a result of unions fighting the establishment who fight to keep every cent they make from "trickling down" to the poor.

This is why conservatives fight the history wars because they want to reinvent history that neo-liberal corporate governments gave workers whatever benefits they have which is self-evidently untrue.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 8:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
[

Why do keep thinking the world would benefit from perpetual conservative government? conservative thinking is what had great scientists like Galileo and Copernicus strung up as heretics. Conservative greedy capitalists would have left the working class to die at 30yrs of age from incurable lung disease from forced child labor digging up coal. By coincidence conservatives continue to protect the dirty industries of petroleum and coal at the expense of climate change.

Every single workers right or civil right for minorities is a result of unions fighting the establishment who fight to keep every cent they make from "trickling down" to the poor.

This is why conservatives fight the history wars because they want to reinvent history that neo-liberal corporate governments gave workers whatever benefits they have which is self-evidently untrue.

From LoveNotHate I see pragmatism. From you I see an emotional speech that is all over the place and does not really address or counter the points made in the post you are replying to.

Capitalism is about people buying stuff, not keeping them from spending. Poor people spending is what makes Walmart a 386 billion dollar company.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 10:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
[

That's about like saying that democrats favor slavery and segregation because they did at one time.
Oh wait, in a way they still do! Welfare is slavery by mutual consent, and the racial divisiveness they push leads to a form of segregation. So I guess some things never really change, they just put on a different face.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 11:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
That's about like saying that democrats favor slavery and segregation because they did at one time.
Oh wait, in a way they still do! Welfare is slavery by mutual consent, and the racial divisiveness they push leads to a form of segregation. So I guess some things never really change, they just put on a different face.

Not quite the same though is it...

BTW liberalism in America seems to mean different things to countries like Australia where neo-liberalism is the new form of corporate capitalism led by "Gordon Gecko" types who follow the mantra that i) greed is good and ii) the shareholders needs matter more than workers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 11:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
Capitalism is about people buying stuff, not keeping them from spending. Poor people spending is what makes Walmart a 386 billion dollar company.

That would perhaps apply if a country existed in a vacuum but there's also international trade determining the cost of your locally manufactured goods and offshore labor maintaining unemployment and low wages.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 11:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That would perhaps apply if a country existed in a vacuum but there's also international trade determining the cost of your locally manufactured goods and offshore labor maintaining unemployment and low wages.

There is less unemployment now than under the previous administration. And more jobs have been brought back to America. There is no advantage in unemployment in capitalism. Remember they are the ones who want everyone working instead of mooching. It is the other side that seems to want as many people as possible to be unemployed and dependent on the government. Low end unskilled labor is always going to pay the lowest wages. Even if they are quadrupled, they will still be the lowest. There is no way around that until your dream of a worldwide government in control of everything and everyone comes true.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 11:58 pm

The republicans are no different to our own conservatives....

They want to remove minimum wages/overtime etc... then they can claim employers can then provide more jobs...the catch is that they will offer the same jobs at below living wage and they know they will get desperate applicants who will work 2-3 jobs in order to pay enough to cover rent/food. This is referred to as wage-slaves or the working poor.

Whenever republicans are in power the unemployment rate is slightly lower but the proportion of people who are working at or below minimum wage mysteriously goes up.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 12:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
The republicans are no different to our own conservatives....

They want to remove minimum wages/overtime etc... then they can claim employers can then provide more jobs...the catch is that they will offer the same jobs at below living wage and they know they will get desperate applicants who will work 2-3 jobs in order to pay enough to cover rent/food. This is referred to as wage-slaves or the working poor.

Whenever republicans are in power the unemployment rate is slightly lower but the proportion of people who are working at or below minimum wage mysteriously goes up.

The lowest end unskilled labor was never intended as a career. Besides you have said that only illegal immigrants work below minimum wage jobs. Thus they are of no threat to the American working class.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 1:37 am

No Ezra...there are millions of American citizens working below minimum wage
https://www.epi.org/blog/millions-of-wo ... imum-wage/

There are no stepping stones to future career promotions when you are living hand to mouth....

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 2:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
There are no stepping stones to future career promotions when you are living hand to mouth....

Yes there are but it takes some ambition, vision, and intelligence.
How many rags to riches success stories do I need to post?