Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 39 of 43 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 10:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those people are nasty people.

You have native-born Americans who are just as nasty.

I’m sorry your mother had to deal with those criminals.

Did you ever see snow in Ocala?

Once, when I was very small. I woke up to a thin layer of snow on the ground. And then, I think it was 88-89 there was a very hard freeze. There might've been snow, everything was whitish, but it could've all been ice too.

I'm not saying it's only illegals. But, I only had the experience with the illegals because everyone else in the area had a place to live. The illegals were crammed 10 to a one bedroom duplex apartment, this allowed them to send as much of their pay as possible back to Mexico. And when my mom would say 'leave' they wouldn't go. I had to go completely crazy to get them out. I wouldn't do that now, I would call ICE. But, I was on drugs back then and a tad insane as the result.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Last edited by Persephone29 on 25 Sep 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 10:41 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's a right wing myth your side started telling, then fell for.
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.
Now I'm going to bed. I have to donate plasma in the morning.

Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.

The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.

Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.

Yet, you're being put into care home. So, in your case how does attitude apply? And, how do we decide who can and cannot?

You may not be a conservative yet you have similar to many conservatives who have similar patterns of hypocrisy.

He's putting himself into a care home and he's paying. I don't get the correlation.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 11:04 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.

Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.

The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.

Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.

Yet, you're being put into care home. So, in your case how does attitude apply? And, how do we decide who can and cannot?

You may not be a conservative yet you have similar to many conservatives who have similar patterns of hypocrisy.

No I am cutting the apron strings and moving out of my parents house because I am an adult now. I am applying personal responsibility and self reliance to the fullest extent I am capable of so far.

Deciding who can and cannot works in favor of those who actually cannot.

You see hypocrisy because you make up contradictions to knock down.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 11:12 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
My mother, who is mentally ill, used to get routinely scammed by illegals. I grew up in Ocala, Fl., horse capital. Many illegals came to that area for the off the books work at horse farms. Many were small in stature, made for good exercisers of the horses too. My mom lived near these farms and would feel bad for them. They would 'rent' a room, get in and never pay again. Steal guns, get arrested with said gun on them. Sneak cocaine into her house... (she's 70 and not a drug user). I would have a s**t fit, throw them out. They'd sweet talk their way back in, scam her out of money. The last time, I had had it.

She wanted the guy out and he wouldn't leave. So, I hit him in the head with a tire iron while he was sleeping. He never came back again and was deported for the 4th time after the gun incident.

Illegals are far from harmless. And my experience with my mother's mistakes while old, crazy and vulnerable have left a lasting bad taste in my mouth.

But that's hardly all illegals. You'll find just as many native born Americans taking advantage of those they see as weak. Before I met my wife, I was involved with such a creature who I now believe suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder.
Thank you and others for cutting me a break and returning to the thread. 8)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 12:40 am

Persephone29 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He's putting himself into a care home and he's paying. I don't get the correlation.

Didn't know that!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 12:55 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No I am cutting the apron strings and moving out of my parents house because I am an adult now. I am applying personal responsibility and self reliance to the fullest extent I am capable of so far.

Good luck with you moving out. I do you hope you succeed in your endeavors.

I made nothing up.

I simply look at the maxims given together side by side and I simply ask questions.

Example: Conservatives state we live in a competitive society and our society values competition.

They also believe personal responsibility which means that it was my own actions and choices that led to my current circumstances.

Competition must logically entail that there will be winners and losers.

If there must be winners and losers then what I ask is if some must lose then how does my choices and my own actions always determine my own circumstances?

This is an inherent contradiction of competition and personal responsibility.

So, personal responsibility can't hold up in a world of competition.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 1:17 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

I simply look at the maxims given together side by side and I simply ask questions.

Example: Conservatives state we live in a competitive society and our society values competition.

They also believe personal responsibility which means that it was my own actions and choices that led to my current circumstances.

If there must be winners and losers then what I ask is if some must lose then how does my choices and my own actions always determine my own circumstances?

You're asserting that losing is always necessarily bad. I've lost in things I put my best foot forward in, because I thought it was in my best interest. Turns out I was wrong.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 1:46 am

Persephone29 wrote:
My mother, who is mentally ill, used to get routinely scammed by illegals. I grew up in Ocala, Fl., horse capital. Many illegals came to that area for the off the books work at horse farms. Many were small in stature, made for good exercisers of the horses too. My mom lived near these farms and would feel bad for them. They would 'rent' a room, get in and never pay again. Steal guns, get arrested with said gun on them. Sneak cocaine into her house... (she's 70 and not a drug user). I would have a s**t fit, throw them out. They'd sweet talk their way back in, scam her out of money. The last time, I had had it.

She wanted the guy out and he wouldn't leave. So, I hit him in the head with a tire iron while he was sleeping. He never came back again and was deported for the 4th time after the gun incident.

Illegals are far from harmless. And my experience with my mother's mistakes while old, crazy and vulnerable have left a lasting bad taste in my mouth.

I am sorry for your negative experience and I'm glad you beat the s**t out of him. I'm glad your mother didn't have the swot team knocking down her door.

I'm glad you're here today. And, I can understand now why you respond the way you respond now. Puts a new perspective for me.

Just to let you know. I don't have a personal beef with you or wish you any ill will towards you, Ezra, Anthrax, etc.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 1:53 am

Persephone29 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

You're asserting that losing is always necessarily bad. I've lost in things I put my best foot forward in, because I thought it was in my best interest. Turns out I was wrong.

You know, that actually makes sense. I guess in a way I'm glad I never could be considered for the NFL b/c I'm more likely to suffer brain damage.

Here is what I'm talking about. I'm talking about negative consequences especially ones in which you made or thought you made the right decisions and still end up f****d in the ass. And, that's a part of competition. In essence, the nature of the beast is that where one person or more win others must lose and some must lose more then others. What I'm talking about is win-lose or a zero-sum game. Life is definetly not fair and can be proven many times over. Bad s**t happens to even those who good and did the right things and it may be to their detriment.

Summarizing the complex philosophy:

Life is a f*****g b***h and personal responsibility guarantees nothing so this is why I think personal responsibility has limits to it.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 26 Sep 2019, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 1:56 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

So what is the alternative?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:02 am

Persephone29 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

The addage of "If at first you don't succeed. Try, try again" comes to mind. There are many factual accounts of success that was proceeded by a string of failures.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:05 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

Well, what is my alternative? Good question!

My alternative is to be truthful and be consistent.

If it is not possible to help everyone and some must lose and may starve and be impoverished and we must accept this as truth and facts of life then let's drop the idea that we have all of this control over our lives when control over our lives is very limited. Let's all accept that we all do the best we can with what we have and we may lose in the end. Let's accept fate as well as choice. As human beings, let's not lie to ourselves nor lie to each other.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:06 am

EzraS wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

The addage of "If at first you don't succeed. Try, try again" comes to mind. There are many factual accounts of success that was proceeded by a string of failures.

This is true. But, there are those who did try, try again and eventually died. This is the part that is not really discussed b/c it makes some people in our society who believe we have all of this control over our lives uncomfortable. If our society was presented truthfully this would be discussed as well and force people to confront their idea of the American Dream and the idea that anyone and everyone can achieve it if they work hard and do all the right things presented.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:13 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

If it is not possible to help everyone and some must lose and may starve and be impoverished and we must accept this as truth and facts of life then let's drop the idea that we have all of this control over our lives when control over our lives is very limited. Let's all accept that we all do the best we can with what we have and we may lose in the end. Let's accept fate as well as choice. As human beings, let's not lie to ourselves nor lie to each other.

And how is that to be practically applied?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:17 am

I've been on other boards before especially conservative type boards. I asked these similar questions based upon their maxims and these are the results. I have to say that you guys are better about it. You guys are willing to discuss.

But, I've been called entitled, spoiled, unamerican, "I hate America", bum, welfare cheat, etc, etc.

As, you all see I don't make many claims. I just simply look at the claims made and the beliefs stated and see glaring contradictions. All I ask is how is this so if this is so as well? How is this true if this is true?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 2:23 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I made nothing up.

And how is that to be practically applied?

What do you mean exactly?

Accept that some will win and lose. That's it. That's all there is to it. But, basing negative circumstances upon choices one has made w/o considering other factors is delusion. Sometimes, it just is what it is. If we really want to simplify it further.

Doesn't mean we as individuals shouldn't make the best choices possible or we shouldn't help others. Sometimes, some things are simply fated and simply are. Like I said, I believe in both determinism and free will and both co-exist with each other. I believe in compatibilism.