Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 3 of 29 [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 680
Location: Everville

31 Aug 2019, 7:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.



Used to be, sometimes even still, Indians got a " 7-11" store. Asians got a "dry cleaning" store (I see a lot of Asian run beauty supply stores and nail salons), Greeks got a "Diner," (that was one side of my family). The Polish side must've been dirt poor, because they got nothing and lived in a ghetto section of Pittsburgh, etc... I don't know how that came about, if they had to arrive with a certain amount of capital to qualify for a grant. But, it seems like now, the poorer and more f****d up they are, the better the liberals like it. Anyone who doesn't have dark brown skin color doesn't even seem to 'qualify' as a struggling immigrant and gets skipped over as an example of what the advantages of legal immigration can look like.


_________________
' You only see what you know. ' ~ Goethe


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,226
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

31 Aug 2019, 8:03 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Here we go... BAD, bad US...


I'm sure the same folks who are bemoaning how awful we are either have made decisions not to procreate because of limited global resources, climate change and have listed over-population as a reason for energy demand. They are the same individuals who are pro-abortion because God knows a healthy baby is just a tumor, sapping valuable nutrients from and unwilling host.

But I'll be damned if these same people aren't trying to say how awful we are for attempting to see to it that the people we are allowing into this country are at least capable of lifting a spoon. And are here for at least a fekkin' year before requiring a million dollars worth of free healthcare. That would just be horrible.

If it's a kid, with healthy parents, I totally get that. I will help part the crowd for them.

By your logic, we ought to save the world the trouble and nuke ourselves. Then we'll all be Chernobyl look alikes and level the playing field.


They still should not just kick people out who have been granted permission to stay for their medical treatment. If they want to make a policy where we don't accept people with illnesses or disabilities then it should apply to new immigrants not people who are already here receiving treatment, that where approved to be here under previous policies.


_________________
Welcome to hell, this is the end.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,226
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

31 Aug 2019, 8:07 pm

EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.


I find it pretty messed up there are lots of military veterans on the street, holding signs for people to give them a little change. Why isn't the government who sent them into combat helping them? why do they have to rely on charity and there isn't a solid government program to help them have housing and income and medical care? when they come back wounded. Seems like one can care about people born in their own country as well as people born in other countries, perhaps.


_________________
Welcome to hell, this is the end.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,787

31 Aug 2019, 8:12 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Used to be, sometimes even still, Indians got a " 7-11" store. Asians got a "dry cleaning" store (I see a lot of Asian run beauty supply stores and nail salons), Greeks got a "Diner," (that was one side of my family). The Polish side must've been dirt poor, because they got nothing and lived in a ghetto section of Pittsburgh, etc... I don't know how that came about, if they had to arrive with a certain amount of capital to qualify for a grant. But, it seems like now, the poorer and more f****d up they are, the better the liberals like it. Anyone who doesn't have dark brown skin color doesn't even seem to 'qualify' as a struggling immigrant and gets skipped over as an example of what the advantages of legal immigration can look like.


Am pretty sure everyone you mention had to work really hard to attain anything close to the American dream. Asians (southern or eastern) often work multiple jobs to put their kids through college.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,787

31 Aug 2019, 8:17 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I find it pretty messed up there are lots of military veterans on the street, holding signs for people to give them a little change. Why isn't the government who sent them into combat helping them? why do they have to rely on charity and there isn't a solid government program to help them have housing and income and medical care? when they come back wounded. Seems like one can care about people born in their own country as well as people born in other countries, perhaps.


We had plenty of Australian soldiers with "Gulf war syndrome" who were stationed in the middle east or Afghanistan. The problem is that many develop addiction problems in order to cope with their PTSD. They can't hold a job and go broke and end up homeless. Part of the problem is that they are reluctant to identify themselves as having a problem till they are in the throes of PTSD as the army teaches them that asking for help is showing signs of weakness. So therefore they don't ask for help and the army don't really want to deal with them after their tour of duty is over.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 680
Location: Everville

31 Aug 2019, 8:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.


I find it pretty messed up there are lots of military veterans on the street, holding signs for people to give them a little change. Why isn't the government who sent them into combat helping them? why do they have to rely on charity and there isn't a solid government program to help them have housing and income and medical care? when they come back wounded. Seems like one can care about people born in their own country as well as people born in other countries, perhaps.


I agree with the veteran part. The difference is that most people join the ARMY knowing that these things are a possibility, but hoping to come home whole. So, first 'give,' then maybe 'take' from their OWN government, maybe not. In this case, it's pathetic that our veterans are not looked after properly.
The people coming here for healthcare are here for no other reason. 'Take' from someone else's government and never give back... doesn't seem fair. Not when our own are suffering!


_________________
' You only see what you know. ' ~ Goethe


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,430
Location: USA

31 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.


Really? Have you been paying attention?


Don't be rude.



beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,703

31 Aug 2019, 9:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.


Really? Have you been paying attention?


Don't be rude.


You started it.

You've heard of Medicare For All, right? You've heard of college loan forgiveness, right? Those are intended to help America's own citizens. Problems with our health care system and mounting student loan debt for many people have impacted many Americans and have hurt our economy.

So I don't want you to see you claim again that we "do not seem to weep much over the hardship of America's own citizens". That is a completely disingenuous statement, and rude as heck, and you know it.


_________________
I stand with our American citizens living abroad. We need to move to residence-based taxation.


Last edited by beneficii on 31 Aug 2019, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,614
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

31 Aug 2019, 10:28 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump doesn't like the "welfare immigrant".

Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ic-charge/


Sometimes doing the right thing is more important than saving a little money.
Am I seriously supposed to take Breitbart as a legitimate source?

Trump memorandum …

Sponsers of "welfare immigrants" pay their welfare bill.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... efits.html

The move “will dramatically curb ‘welfare tourism”


There are people who bring their seriously ill children here for medical care. For Trump to "curb welfare tourism" is heartless and cruel, and the exact opposite of the American values of kindness and altruism.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,748
Location: USA

31 Aug 2019, 11:02 pm

The higher moral ground is to *ask* for charity, not force people to take care of others.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,614
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

31 Aug 2019, 11:09 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
The higher moral ground is to *ask* for charity, not force people to take care of others.


The higher moral ground belong to those who help those in need, whether that's through their own initiative, or through collective action through the government.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,748
Location: USA

31 Aug 2019, 11:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The higher moral ground is to *ask* for charity, not force people to take care of others.

The higher moral ground belong to those who help those in need, whether that's through their own initiative, or through collective action through the government.

Have you ever met an angry beggar that DEMANDS money? That shouts, screams, calls you names if your donation is too small, or you give nothing?

That's what this article is about.

I find that attitude to be disgusting.

However, far worse, is this beggar now DEMANDS government FORCE be used to compel people to donate.

Disgusting, immoral, not appreciative, not concerned about YOUR welfare ...

Image


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,787

01 Sep 2019, 12:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
There are people who bring their seriously ill children here for medical care. For Trump to "curb welfare tourism" is heartless and cruel, and the exact opposite of the American values of kindness and altruism.


These are soft targets, again it seems the people who vote for Trump seem to not see a problem with deporting children with medical problems. The same creepy individuals will happily spout the virtues of the good samaritan in Sunday bible class.

Same mental illness carried by the entire American conservative christian populace who diligently pray in Church on Sunday then happily treat their fellow black Americans as subhuman.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,614
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Sep 2019, 1:10 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The higher moral ground is to *ask* for charity, not force people to take care of others.

The higher moral ground belong to those who help those in need, whether that's through their own initiative, or through collective action through the government.

Have you ever met an angry beggar that DEMANDS money? That shouts, screams, calls you names if your donation is too small, or you give nothing?

That's what this article is about.

I find that attitude to be disgusting.

However, far worse, is this beggar now DEMANDS government FORCE be used to compel people to donate.

Disgusting, immoral, not appreciative, not concerned about YOUR welfare ...

Image


This is NOT about belligerent beggars, but about foreigners facing no hope of survival in their own countries, and so come to the United States for medical care. In the past, America had been so big hearted as to give these people the help they needed. The fact that Trump wants to deny help to people in need says a lot about his values, and about the kind of Christianity he professes to believe in that has no relation to the teaching of Christ.
And in all fairness, most beggars I've encountered come across as humble and courteous.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,430
Location: USA

01 Sep 2019, 2:27 am

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
America seems plenty happy to take in immigrants from China, Japan and India. But they tend to enter via the legal process (Ellis Island style) and come here to start careers and become business owners.

If everyone in America was doing well that would be one thing. But there is already a lot of poverty. A lot of homeless. A lot of junkies. And all that is getting worse at this point in time. And it seems like those whos hearts are gushing blood over people from other countries, do not seem to weep much over the hardships of America's own citizens. Not politically advantageous enough I suppose.


Really? Have you been paying attention?


Don't be rude.


You started it.

You've heard of Medicare For All, right? You've heard of college loan forgiveness, right? Those are intended to help America's own citizens. Problems with our health care system and mounting student loan debt for many people have impacted many Americans and have hurt our economy.

So I don't want you to see you claim again that we "do not seem to weep much over the hardship of America's own citizens". That is a completely disingenuous statement, and rude as heck, and you know it.


When you said "Really? Have you been paying attention?" is sounded like a snarky accusation that I was not paying attention to this thread.
I have also heard of and seen growing numbers of Americans in distress.
The weeping and wailing over people from other countries is much louder. The cries of what they need is much louder. And it is mostly political grandstanding.



Last edited by EzraS on 01 Sep 2019, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.