Page 1 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 8:06 pm

"Civil War 2" trends on Twitter after Trump quotes speculation that impeachment would spark "civil war"

Quote:
Donald Trump said in a tweet that if he is removed from office, a "civil war" might erupt in the United States. The president was quoting Pastor Robert Jeffress, a Fox News contributor and host, who suggested that impeaching the president would lead to "civil war."

“If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal," Mr. Trump tweeted, attributing the quote to Jeffress.
Jeffress did more or less say that on "Fox & Friends" – with Mr. Trump adding his thoughts in the parenthesis of the tweet, saying he will never be removed from office. The president's repetition of the quote received widespread backlash – including from his own party

"I have visited nations ravaged by civil war," Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger tweeted. "@realDonaldTrump I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant." Kinzinger is a veteran and serves on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. He often criticizes the president on Twitter, although he is one of the only Republicans to publicly criticize the Mr. Trump's call with the Ukraine leader.

Mr. Trump's civil war tweet went viral, and by Monday #CivilWar2 was trending on Twitter, as was #CivilWarSignup.

While some made fun of the potential of another civil war, many Twitter users pointed out that inciting civil war could encourage violence.

Oath Keepers Militia, which is identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the U.S. today," embraced Mr. Trump's civil war suggestion. "This is the truth. This is where we are. We ARE on the verge of a HOT civil war," the group wrote.
"Like in 1859. That's where we are. And the Right has ZERO trust or respect for anything the left is doing. We see THEM as illegitimate too," continued the tweet, which appeared to be signed by Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes.

Other Twitter users also suggested that inciting a civil war should be an impeachable offense.

As of Monday, over 90% of the 235 Democrats in the House of Representatives either support impeachment proceedings against President Trump or have signaled they are open to supporting them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 8:30 pm

...That pastor didn't explicitly threaten a real Civil WAR. Roger Stone and Jim Banker DID :x! !! !! !! !! !!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:16 pm

He's only saying what everyone who voted for him has been thinking this last 3+ years.

First, it was a shock that Trump won. I know that my husband and I never believed we would see another Conservative in office. Then, anyone with any ability to pick up on the fury that he actually did win, knew that the left would stop at nothing to take him out. So, they began to plot. Not to plot would be to risk having one's vote be null and void from here on after. Not many people want to see that be their fate... So, they began to plot.

On a personal level, it would be hard for me to predict exactly how I would respond. I have a child to care for now. Her future is more important to me than my own, because she's 12 and I'm 50 something. I can say that were that not the case, I'd be right there with them. That I am female would not factor into my equation.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:22 pm

roger stone is a sick man, what with that nixon tattoo on his back. what glorious company our glorious leader keeps. if the big orangatrump does incite widespread insurrection, will he ever be called to account for it?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:37 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
He's only saying what everyone who voted for him has been thinking this last 3+ years.

First, it was a shock that Trump won. I know that my husband and I never believed we would see another Conservative in office. Then, anyone with any ability to pick up on the fury that he actually did win, knew that the left would stop at nothing to take him out. So, they began to plot. Not to plot would be to risk having one's vote be null and void from here on after. Not many people want to see that be their fate... So, they began to plot.

On a personal level, it would be hard for me to predict exactly how I would respond. I have a child to care for now. Her future is more important to me than my own, because she's 12 and I'm 50 something. I can say that were that not the case, I'd be right there with them. That I am female would not factor into my equation.

...You are essentially threatening - hinting at (if you weren't a mother) violence. If Trumo is impeached. How many Democrats rooted over Clinton being impeached? You're old enough to remember that! GW Bush was not a conservative? :o Impeachment (and the 25th Amendment as well) are entirely legitimate parts of the Constitution that many conservatives say they want to follow.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:41 pm

we have a real fifth column at work in this country now, you are seeing it every time somebody says there must be war on our own people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 11:55 pm

reported.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Sep 2019, 11:55 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

He's such a bad and unstable president. All he wants to do is roll back all the legislation Obama passed while in office. He's a bully and cheat. Why anyone really still supports him is beyond me!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 11:56 pm

they support him because he pretends to hate the same people they do. simple as that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 1:39 am

Well, let the toothless, uneducated hordes try to rise up in armed civil war. They wouldn't stand a chance against the military and police forces. Then the surviving rebels can have their right to vote revoked - - future problems solved! :D

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 1:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, let the toothless, uneducated hordes try to rise up in armed civil war. They wouldn't stand a chance against the military and police forces. Then the surviving rebels can have their right to vote revoked - - future problems solved! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 1:53 am

...You are essentially threatening - hinting at (if you weren't a mother) violence. If Trumo is impeached. How many Democrats rooted over Clinton being impeached? You're old enough to remember that! GW Bush was not a conservative? :o Impeachment (and the 25th Amendment as well) are entirely legitimate parts of the Constitution that many conservatives say they want to follow.[/quote]

Wrong! I could sew a flag, like Betsy Ross. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 2:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

That is pretty much what I said regarding a civil war breaking out if he gets reelected.

Back then a few months ago it was his opponents who were threatening a civil war. Going on about about implementing their version of the French and Russian revolutions.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 3:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That is pretty much what I said regarding a civil war breaking out if he gets reelected.

Back then a few months ago it was his opponents who were threatening a civil war. Going on about about implementing their version of the French and Russian revolutions.

I don't recall any government office holders threatening such a thing. The only people who would are blowhards and idiots just blowing off steam, but who probably don't even own guns. With Trump, you have not only his supporters in government, but also militia and white nationalist groups already reacting positively to his threat. Therein lies the difference.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 4:43 am

What I think is ironic is that any group of people who go on and on about disability checks, disabilities, being unable to hold down a job, etc... jump on the bandwagon about making fun of someone else's peculiarities. Trump is far from perfect, but he gets up everyday and works. Which is more than I can say for MYSELF, lest some rat pushes the report button again. If being unstable were a crime there would be a lot of people in jail. Kim Jong Un is unstable, he fires of rockets regularly. When Trump fires rockets, then I will be worried. Just saying things isn't a concern for me.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Oct 2019, 4:55 am

Well, Trump makes fun pf everyone.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/