College student scares off perv by faking autism

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 3:00 am

College student faked autism to fend off masturbating dorm invader

Quote:
A New York City man is headed to prison for bursting into a Westchester County college dorm and masturbating in front of a frightened co-ed — who scared him off by pretending to be autistic.

Ariel Caro, 32, was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in state prison for the Sept. 11, 2018 incident at the Pace University campus in Pleasantville, the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office said.

Caro, who was not a student at the school, pushed his way into the victim’s dorm room after she opened the door, thinking it was someone else. The perv then locked the door and blocked her exit.

“At that point, Caro exposed himself and proceeded to masturbate in front of her,” prosecutors said in a release. When he refused to leave, the student “began to repeat a series of expressions, acting, she said, as if she suffered from a form of autism, as she had seen on television.”

“As she got louder, he chose to flee,” the release said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

WalkerTR
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Sep 2019, 4:00 am

Add that to the list of autism's advantages

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 6:43 am

At her age I did that once in a very stressful situation - out loud, two older men in proximity (not sexual assault, but trauma nonetheless). Maybe in 20 years she'll realize she wasn't faking it. :wink:

(Now that I am aware, I did this at work recently -in my head- for relief. Worked great.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:01 am

Ironically she chose this caricature of being "autistic" to trigger some kind of stigma in the masturbator as it's hard to jerk off when the person is behaving in a repetitious/unpredictable way. Given he ran away before finishing it must have worked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 12:01 pm

I once scared off an aspie by faking being an NT har har.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 7:41 pm

Actually sounds not far from a Dave Chappele joke except it really happened.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 7:50 pm

In this case I am totally okay with faking autism just as long as it's to get you out of dangerous situations.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 9:35 pm

Who can blame the girl....my thought was that she became irrational and panicked....while having an anxiety attack she realised the man backed away and at that point she went full "rainman mode" to push home her advantage in making him go away.

On the one hand she is entitled to use any means necessary to scare away her attacker. Self preservation. On the other hand she seems to think the autistic meltdown is the most scary thing that popped up in her memory.

Now every young woman is going to have a Dustin Hoffman lookalike to scare away would be sexual predators! even more effective than carrying mace :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 9:57 pm

So...if you are a helpless victim of an attacker - the best strategy is to...pretend that you are even MORE helpless than you really are??????

Autism makes you even LESS dangerous than the average innocent NT person. Not more dangerous.

Folks say things like that. "If you get attacked by muggers...act crazy...whip out your dick and wave it around".

What she was doing was "faking insanity". Not "faking autism". And since, like most attackers, the perv guy was pumped up and scared himself, her unpredictable behavior was enough to put him over the top into panic mode. She wasn't really "faking autism". The attacker isn't going to whip out his DSM, and go through the symptoms and then conclude "this chick is autistic, level 3", and then go on to conclude that "that means she is dangerous". He just going to react to her erractic behavior by just panicking himself, and leaving the scene in fear.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 10:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Autism makes you even LESS dangerous than the average innocent NT person. Not more dangerous.

You forget the context...the girl was confronted by a masturbator (not a man with a knife/gun)....his sole weapon is his seed....in her mind playing an autistic having a meltdown was the most unsexy thing she could think off....

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 10:13 pm

When I read the phrase "SUFFERED from autism", I reacted in a way that would have scared most people.

Why was the man scared of her? Does he think autism is contagious? Does he see it as being like HIV, but even worse? I think it's sad that in order to protect myself in a dangerous situation, I would have to act MORE autistic, or the misconceptions of one.

I hate the whole world.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Sep 2019, 10:23 pm

[quote="lostonearth35"]When I read the phrase "SUFFERED from autism", I reacted in a way that would have scared most people.

Why was the man scared of her? Does he think autism is contagious? Does he see it as being like HIV, but even worse? I think it's sad that in order to protect myself in a dangerous situation, I would have to act MORE autistic, or the misconceptions of one.

I hate the whole world.[/quote)

No, he was not scared of "catching autism" but because she was growing increasingly noisy with acting out other students would hear and come rushing to see what was going on.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Last edited by envirozentinel on 26 Sep 2019, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Clarity

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 5:37 am

Do I wish the first thought that came to her mind as the scariest thing was not autistic? Of course. When you have a perv in your room and you have no idea of what he is capable of not being offensive is just not the priority.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 5:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

You forget the context...the girl was confronted by a masturbator (not a man with a knife/gun)....his sole weapon is his seed....in her mind playing an autistic having a meltdown was the most unsexy thing she could think off....

Oh....we autistics are "unsexy". Thanks a lot. ( and like that would even matter to a perv anyway). Lol!

And how does one even "fake autism" on the fly anyway?

You could (a) kidnap the guy, falsely imprison him, and then force him to listen to you talk obsessively about trains and Star Trek so after weeks of listening to you he gets the idea that you're like Sheldon Leonard. Or you could (b) show the guy your ability to do math in your head, and to figure out the day of the week he was born on...so he gets the idea that you're like Rain Man.

But besides that (imitating one or the other of the two best known cliché autism spectrum characters in media)how could you possibly "fake autism"? And do it with enough velocity to scare someone off? In real life you have to be a coworker, or school mate of an autistic for weeks before you get any sense of them being autistic.

Makes zero sense.

You could "fake being a psycho axe murderer". That I get. But I don't get how you could "fake autism".

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 12:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Throughout my life I have been told I am sweet on the outside but scary on the inside. I can't say I disagree. I'll do my best to please and placate (ridiculously so), but then watch out!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 4:43 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Makes zero sense.

She must think poorly of autistic people to think they're so scary.