trumpy, responding to killing of UK teen, says "it happens."

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:29 am

My father was posted to San Francisco from 1965-1968 he never had an accident . My mother also never had an accident.

My father was posted to Atlanta in 1981 , and after his stint as consul general decided to stay in the USA. Again no accident.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

the people who keep repeating "it happens" have no tact whatsoever. they don't give a damn how awful and cold-blooded that sounds to the survivors.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:42 am

I drove thousands of miles around the US. I stuck a little arrow on the dashboard... keep over this side (maybe that's just me).
It's Americans (and most of the rest of the world) that drive on the wrong side. In the UK we drive on the right side (even though it's actually the left) because it keeps your sword arm free when you meet an outlaw or highwayman on the road (these days known as White Van Man). I believe it was Napoleon that started driving on the wrong side (the right side) because he liked to do things differently.

Trump committed another gaff in this tragic case... on the news just now. He was talking about it to a press conference and his briefing notes were clearly visible... the notes stated that this woman would not be returning to the UK, which rendered the whole thing as a pointless charade.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:44 am

Of course people make mistakes. I’m sure the person who hit the teenager feels terrible.

I don’t believe in “diplomatic immunity.” It’s an absurd concept.

I believe, should the driver face justice, that in the absence of publicity, most judges would practice leniency.

If I had done the same thing, I would have had to face the music.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:44 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:48 am

i am positive, that if the woman felt "terrible" about it, SHE WOULD HAVE OWNED UP AND TAKEN HER LUMPS instead of fleeing like the sociopathic entitled privileged coward she is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:52 am

It would have been better had she faced the music....yes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:53 am

firemonkey wrote:
My father was posted to San Francisco from 1965-1968 he never had an accident . My mother also never had an accident.

My father was posted to Atlanta in 1981 , and after his stint as consul general decided to stay in the USA. Again no accident.

Good for them. I doubt everyone can say the same thing. Did they say that it was never confusing to them? Or that they never once made that mistake without an accident?

I remember a couple of months ago my cousin screwd up and took the wong lane on a turn off and accidentally ended up driving the wrong way on a one way street. It scared the s**t out of both of us and scared and pissed off a couple of other drivers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It would have been better had she faced the music....yes.

Her fleeing in that manner is a problem.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:59 am

Trump is not learning the diplomatic game which European leaders feel is required to be worthy of respect.

If I were the father of that kid, I would have felt the urge, though I would have restrained myself, to just punch Trump.

If Ivanka were killed by a hit-and-run driver, I’m sure he wouldn’t have accepted “it happens.”

I hope Europeans don’t see Trump as someone who represents a typical American.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:02 am

unfortunately, the evidence [anecdotal at least] suggests the rest of the world are starting to look at us askance, as a people who seem touched.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
the people who keep repeating "it happens" have no tact whatsoever. they don't give a damn how awful and cold-blooded that sounds to the survivors.

Yeah you can look at it that way, or you can look at it as saying driving the wrong way is a common mistake.

I mean since my cousin made a similar mistake should I hold against him? Tell him how reckless he was and that he could have gotten me and or someone else killed? Maybe I should file out a police report on the bastard. Cause I instead tried to sooth his guilty feelngs.

Last edited by EzraS on 10 Oct 2019, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is not learning the diplomatic game which European leaders feel is required to be worthy of respect.

If I were the father of that kid, I would have felt the urge, though I would have restrained myself, to just punch Trump.

If Ivanka were killed by a hit-and-run driver, I’m sure he wouldn’t have accepted “it happens.”

Wait, so it was hit and run? She hit the motorcyclist and kept on going?

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:12 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Wait, so it was hit and run? She hit the motorcyclist and kept on going?

She certainly ran on to the next plane and got the hell out of the country before she had to face the music. Unfortunately for her, she will never have the chance to get her side of the story across. She would look better in the eyes of friends, family and the world if she came back here for her judicial slap on the wrist.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

The feel this is an important lesson on what happens if you flee the scene of an accident.

Had she remained at the scene, it’s possible that the driver might have just gotten a ticket. Unless the driver was drunk, “vehicular manslaughter” probably would have been really stretching it. Most likely, the driver would have been charged with reckless driving and probably been given a non-jail sentence.

Since she left the scene of a fatal accident, the case becomes much more serious.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:17 am

a higher karmic court awaits her now. no escaping that.